Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Dtail/Dtalon Help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by InfiniteWisdom, Feb 10, 2004.

1. InfiniteWisdom

InfiniteWisdom IncGamers Member

PvP Dtail/Dtalon Help

Hello,

Well first off im not very experienced with asns at all, espectially MA ones. Basically my question is about DTail and DTalon for PvP non-ladder. I don't public duel and the gear that is used is only things we can find, we don't trade for things. Therefore things like Enigma and the other higher end items just don't exsist there. I would like to make an asn for PvP which isn't going to be so gear dependent which the DTalon build seems to be. I've read the guides above and im interested, but don't have anywhere close to the gear they are listing.
    Questions:
    1) DTalon doesn't work well with charges correct?
    2) Does DTail work well with charges then?
    3) For PvP, which route would be better without the "godly" gear, Charge up skills with DTail or DTalon?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just realized when leveling this asn that I have no idea which way I wanted to go, thought some feedback on the issue would help some.

Thanks

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

1) correct. Dtalon works better alone then with charge-ups.
    2) It works really nice in conjunction with TS. And CS if you need leech.
    3) Dtail sucks for pvp. :) Dtalon is ok to decent , if you know what you're doing. But even then there are better pvp builds out there. Trappers for starters. But these require some nice +skills to shine. And some mana too so you don't run out when casting a few traps.

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

DTalon is not just "ok to decent"....it's great!

Dflight+Dtalon is imo one of the best skill combinations out there. It's also pretty easy to kill hammerdins and other casters with it.

C-Beat

4. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

I don't know if the damage from your boots will cut it. I've had a lvl 33 kicker (dtalon) and am making a lvl 45 (or around that lvl) as we speak. I don't think I'll make any higher levels, because the damage just isn't there. I'm not totally counting on just kick damage on my lvl 45 either, because I think he wouldn't cut it. (I'm going for INSANE CB, much like crush wolves, but with dragon flight, and more damage reduction.)

It's nice for low life builds, but at lvl 50+ you're going to come across some really high life barbs and druids. I like my duellers to be able to take any other build around my lvl, so I wouldn't build them at really high levels.

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

my Dtalon kills pretty well and i do NOT have venom. With it i should kill much fasters.

The key to Dtalon is the fast attack speed. It's very hard for the opponent to get out of my attack serie as it is so rapid.

C-Beat

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Hammerdins usually have quite a high defense too. Which makes sure you won't always hit. Then again , hammerdins aren't that great for pvp to begin with. The hammers are way to easy to predict.

7. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

high defence? i think 2 angelic rings+amulet + 2 tucs + 2 ravens should solve most ar problems...but still, chance to hit wont be the higehts in the world...

Hammerdins are hard because most melee characters have to, in some way, charge in which means risking to get hit my scattered hammers...if the hammerdin stands still though, it's alot easier.

C-Beat

8. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

Just adding a little spice to the list, but I saw a runeword: "Venom." It looked great for a +3 Dragon Talon claw. Check it out. Now the biggest thing I see would be the Ignore Target Defense. Now, from what I hear, ITD is transferred to your kicks. Now that claw paired with Bartuc's seems almost perfect. THAT would give an advantage versus Melee with a Kicker assy. Now, yes, I think you should have a special "Malice" just for Ranged chars, but melee chars wouldn't be able to handle the might of a kicker assy with ITD. That might solve the pally problem C-Beat. That's just my .02.

9. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if ITD transfers to your boots...i'll have to check that.

Malice is very good for sorcs and other casters. But as long as other opponents than sorc dont teleport i prefer 2 tucs. Malice is good for a hit and run technic which mostly only needed versus sorcs.

C-Beat

10. CronicTKY

From what jrichard posted in another thread was that ITD DID transfer to boots. But, with "Venom" also comes decent poison dmg. I'm going to try to test this. I'll get back to you if I can find a decent claw and another Mal rune.

EDIT: Lunatic didn't post it, check the kicking basics sticky...

11. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

well, the poison dmg is pretty pathetic really....1 point in venom adds way more than that.

I would trade the mal for something more usefull with ITD.

Cool abuot ITD transfering to kicks though :D

C-Beat

12. CronicTKY

One question: Does ITD spawn on craft gloves?

13. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

i've never seen it....doubt it can.