Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Druid ideas and build needed!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by xami, May 31, 2008.

1. xami

xami IncGamers Member

PvP Druid ideas and build needed!

Hey guys, I was thinking to start with a new char. Thats Dudu PvP and that would be my first dudu ever so I need experienced Dudu player to share with me some tips and advices about building my Dudu for PvP. And ideas suggestions links and other stuff are welcome!

Thanks in advace,

xami.

2. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

Re: PvP Druid ideas and build needed!

first suggestion: experienced dudu players don't call them dudus. You don't want to duel with a character you liken to feces.

The "best" as in easiest to master and probably most versatile druid is the wind druid. Is that what you're aiming on building? If so, there's a great guide stickied @ the top of this forum.

As for dueling tips, most agree - telestomp is your friend since wind druids have such short attack range. learn how to effectively namelock + telestomp other players and fire off a few quick nados before getting out of there again.

Also: always keep your minions up to the extent you can. minion stack is one of the druid's great advantages and aside from the huge oak sage life bonus, you'll want to keep those spirit wolves/bear and ravens up for stunlock and damage absorb purposes.

of course those are really general tips. Tell us what type of druid you're building, what pvp classes you may struggle against, etc and we can give you a better idea of how to improve.

-f

3. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

i cant help you with feces in pvp, but i can help you with druids.

read the stickied thread at the top of this forum. that has a number of guides. read away and see which one interests you the most.

then if you have any questions feel free to ask.

4. xami

xami IncGamers Member

Thanks guys for answers.What you think about this build!? Im trippin thats an old build!? What is the better option for pvp Druid Windy or Fire Druid or Fury/Rabies hybrid build??

Regards , xami.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  5. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

the better option is what ever interests you the most.

6. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

Well in my experience i do best in general with a pure fury druid. I play rabies hybrid too and it is better in many situations but i find that vs hammerdins i offten lose to simple telestomps while with my pure fury i would crush almost any hammerdin. Hammerdins = most common build type. Rabies is extremly nice vs whirlwind barbarians and sins, necromancers, wind druids, melee chars, to some extent smiters and boazons (big list) but fury kills most chars in one or two hits.

7. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

I'd say a wind druid would be the most pub friendly of druid builds for pvp. It stands the best chance against most of the strongest pvp builds; they have minionstack which gives them an edge and allows for telestomping against hammerdins and bone necros, barbs might be a bit of a challenge but I don't know that either has a distinct advantage here, wsg-ing almost gives you an edge against trappers, and it's doubtful you'll see many competent ghosts or ww/trappers in pubs (at least ones that can go on the offensive and don't just ww around in their trap fields). A wind druid also has much greater mobility via Enigma than a shifter, ergo is a bit more pub friendly. Just my two cents.

8. PacoQuerak

I agree with those things as far as 1v1 gm duels go but pubs i will take a shifter over windy any day.

9. xami

xami IncGamers Member

Hm interesting situation.I was thinking about fire dudu but i've decided to forget it so I'm thinking between Shifter hybrid and Windy Druid. I see difference between them but still I dont know what to choose couse equipment is different for those two.I have to be sure which side should I take :)

More advices are very welcome... Thanks guys for your time.

10. xami

xami IncGamers Member

OK i followed Windy build and I have a question now for Dexterity on my Druid.

I havent spent any pt in STR with MP Eni , Stormshield(full eq on me).... so how much pts should I spare in Dexterity for max block! 90lvl < my druid.

Thanks, xami.

11. Queen Mebd

"Chance to Block

Total Blocking = [(Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)]

Blocking = A total of the Blocking on all of your items. (E.g: Guardian Angel, Twitchthroe, Any Shield, Holy Shield)
    [] = Round Down" (Facts & Formulae Archive)

You can crunch the numbers given the above formula.

12. GalenDoUrden

GalenDoUrden IncGamers Member

I would tend to disagree with shifter over a windy in a pub, but that depends on what you are better at dueling with. Unfortunately in pubs there are far to many smiters, hammerdins, etc running around that Windies have far more of an advantage against.

13. PacoQuerak

unless it's a savage smiter or it uses exile they go down to eth tomb. I have been badly beaten by one hammerdin in a pub duel since i finished my char. Destroying people who g-mod is a fun and dayly operation. the biggest flaws are that without the right set up you will be bad against some people and good against others, as if you use tombreaver bow zons, melee and max block barbs are nightmares. Bone necros if they are bm are a complete nightmare and good gm necros are close to unbeatable. The best thing though is that when i get teamed in a pub duel with a wolf i very commonly take them out just before i die while windies with their horrible fhr can get teamed badly. I just think there is something very good about instant death occuring to almost any char that comes close and 10k life but that's just me lol. Like i said windies are better at gm duels.

14. GalenDoUrden

GalenDoUrden IncGamers Member

Yeah, I have to admit that I never lost a duel with my bonemancer against a fury or rabies/fury shifter in pub or private (I only GM duel unless BM'd first).

Windies have an inherent advantage against bonemancers and hammerdins due to minion stack a \nd I haven't seen too many smiters lose against a shifter, but that's just my experience.

I tend to only private duel (for the most part) as most pub duelers are horrible and can't accomplish anything without hacks.

I assume you play east, we should duel sometime and you can change my mind about shifters.

15. xami

xami IncGamers Member

I've nice tiara with 1sox and I need advice what should I put inside!

2 Druid skills
    20% Faster Cast Rate
    13% ed
    7% mana stolen
    All res 19
    Magic dmg reduced 3
    1 sox

What is the best option for me to put in that 1sox??

Thanks!

16. Queen Mebd

Hard to tell without knowing the rest of your gear, but a shael will probably be most beneficial.

17. xami

xami IncGamers Member

Enigma in Mage Plate 774def
    Stormshield with 1sox still wating to win a bid for a -15req res jwl
    Spirit in Monarch on switch
    Hoto 37
    Rare dudu amu
    SOJ
    Rare ring 10fcr life mana res
    Trang gloves
    Sanstorm boots

Thats what Im wearing atm.

18. Queen Mebd

Shael all the way (that at least gives you 40 fhr on gear on your block setup). :grin:

19. xami

xami IncGamers Member

Ok mate thanks for advise! :) I'll try its cheap to crack it in cube :D

20. Scumi

Scumi IncGamers Member

i never the less wanan try a fury/rabies hybrid - all the guids advise to get an eni or forti - but what about a bramble does the thorns pay of vs. smithers and other melees? so just eni on switch for bad coretele/casters? also etomb as 1st and then a 10 psnfacet setup on switch for more rabies dmg - or should i rather go with a dw??

so my gear would kinda look like:
    jalas, bk, dualleechar ring, highlords, gores, tranggloves,bramble, torch, anni
    ct+spirit, deamonlimb for precast
    and 10psnjwls for switch?

+shapeskiller with fhr(to reach bp)/life
    +life or/and ar /frw scs // some ress scs?

tell me what you think