Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP: Concentration vs. Whirlwind

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CookiesnCream, Mar 3, 2004.

1. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

PvP: Concentration vs. Whirlwind

I'm planning to make a PvP barb. I'm either going to go concentration or whilrwind, but my question is, which one would be better?

Here's my setup:

Doombringer with Shael
    Stormshield (hopefully)
    Arkaine's valor or shaftstop
    Lavagout gauntlets
    Highlord's wrath
    Gorerider's
    Arreats
    String of Ears
    Raven Frost
    Dual leech ring ???

Str: enough for gear
    Dex: enough for max block
    Life: rest
    Energy: none

I'm trying to get some more faster r/w charms and life charms.

If whirlwind:
    Max Whirlwind
    Max sword mastery
    Max Battle orders
    5 in natural resistance
    5 in increased speed
    Rest in pre-req

If concentration:
    Max concentration
    Max battle orders
    Max shout or max sword mastery
    5 in natural resistance
    5 in increased speed
    Rest in pre-req and shout/sword mastery.

My main question is which build is better? And if concentration, is maxing shout or sword mastery better? And do I need a lot of faster run/walk? I imagine I would to catch zons and non-enigma necros. And what would be a good strategy to face non-enigma necros if I decide to go the concentration route? They would bone prison me and I'd be a sitting duck. I'm pretty sure I could whirl through bone prison if I used whirlwind.

2. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

First off your skill distrabution is a lil left out. For dueling nowadays your gonna have to be between 85 and 90 which means you would have 4 maxed skills not 3 lvl 90 is 101 stats with all the quests.

SKills
    20 ww or conc
    20 mast
    20 shout
    20 bo
    1 bc
    1 nr
    4-5 inc speed
    1 zerk
    1 Pre's
    Rest where u see fit

As for which build is better its a matter of style and skill. I would suggest making both and just sharing equip between the two untill you decide for sure which build you like better(at worst the one u dont gets retired as a mfer).

As for your gear Doomy would be a better conc sword you may want to save up for a gf or botd if you like the ww better though cause you wont find ur ww dam with doomy much over 3k even with the best charms and jewels. The armor go with the valor. DR cap is 50 so the shaft + ss+ vergundos is just over kill. Vergundos and ss can take care of dr by their self. Raven is a must as is an angelic ring and ammy for melee. Thats gonna create a probablem for your whirler though cause the only time ull recive mana is when your hit or use a pot due to no ml. You can use string but ll has been nerfed and ull find that the replenish on vergundos gets u bout the same life back while adding over 250 life (after bo) and the same dr. Gores are good. As for the gloves grab your self a pair of iks. That should help u to staying on your feet in a duel

3. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Actually gf isnt that great for a ww barb. Doesnt hit the last bp. And as for ml, he said that he might use a duel leech ring. Angelic isnt really needed except against pallys and other barbs.

4. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

ww is very useful, but conc has massive defense

5. jia

jia Banned

So uhh, is ww bad after 1.10 now? Cause uhh it's bad isnt it? :\

6. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

Ive used gf many many times with my 1.08 barbs,1.09 barbs and, before i got my hands on my BotD, 1.1 barbs. An ed/ias gf hits one of the bps, and is very usefull pvp for those who cant afford the botd. In overall pvp you next to never get some1 caught in a full ww length and never vs a skilled dueler, to take advantage of the -35 bp. And with the 50% bonus AR that is now something considered in pvp again, the 20 all stats and 80 gf is a great pvp ww barb sword

7. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

I would take Fury, or Kingslayer runewords over gf any day.

8. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

All I'm saying it is its cheap and does very well wither or not you would use it is your own choice but it has been tested and like by many many people, even "the Great" Darius (prolly before your time) gave it good ratings.

9. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

I know who the "great" Darius is, in fact my 1.10 build isn't far off from his. But even the "great" Darius would recommend fury or kingslayer over grandfather, and they are both just as cheap as gf but BETTER alternatives. And you may just be a forum lurker as I was, but I joined before you .... so he would also be before YOUR time.

10. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

im not going to continue this cause it will only get worse so iyo fury>gf and imo gf>fury like anything else its just a matter of opionion style and experiance.