Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Conc/Iron Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CronicTKY, Feb 12, 2004.

1. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

PvP Conc/Iron Barb

Hi all. I've seen these Barbs in duels. You know, those Conc/Iron Barbs. These mothas are deadly! Now, I've never made a PvP Barb before, and suddenly I have an interest in them. I have some equipment lined up already:

Armor: Lionheart Archon/1 Sock Valor (At level 85+)

Helm: 1 Sock Gaze all the way!

Rings: Raven Frost/Skull Grasp (Beast Craft Ring)

Amulet: Cat's Eye

Charms: Little of everything

Please help me with stats, skills, rest of equipment, and if possible, strategy. Now, I'm not the richest person, and it doesn't really matter what weapon I use, but please, give me something I can afford, not like BotD. Thanks!

2. CronicTKY

*Bump* I'm sorry for doing this guys, but c'mon I need help bad. Please.

There is one thing I'm thinking about doing, maxing Polearm Mastery and put 1 point in Sword. Because I'm thinking about haveing a Hand of Justice Colossus Voulge for main weapon (Is there a better damage polearm?). Then, for switch, I'll have Swordguard with Tiamat's Rebuke (PDiamond-ed). Please any suggestions would help. Thanks.

3. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

You read the Conc barb guide stickied at the top? That should answer pretty much all your questions.

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

The typical pvp iron/conc set up is as follows:

Arreat's
    storm
    Enigma
    Gore Riders
    Verdungo's
    BotD Berserker Axe

As for jewelry, if you need ar, angelic ammy and 2x angelic ring are pretty much standard on most pvp barbs.

Otherwise, go with Highlord's Wrath or Cat's (highlord's is generally better, for the deadly strike and +1 skills), along with Ravenfrost and something like a dual stat rare ring or BK.

Your gloves and socketing are based on your jewelry selection. If you went with angelic, then you're not going to be able to hit frames as well; you need 75% for 10, and 125 for 9 with a berserker. So, if you went with angelic jewelry, you either need to socket one thing with an ed/ias jewel, or use some 20% ias gloves. I'd probably do one ed/ias socket, one ed/str socket, and then something like Drac's gloves in that case.

On the other hand, if you went with Highlord's wrath, i'd go all the way for 9 frames; put ed/ias jewels in the helm/shield and throw on some 20% ias gloves, such as crafted bloods or lavagouts.

That should give you some idea of what to work for.

-Hal

5. CronicTKY

That's why I want to make a Hand of Justice Colossus Voulge: Ignore Target Defense. I won't have to worry about dex and AR, I can juts put enough dex for the min requirement.

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

ITD does not work in pvp, so you'll still need a lot of AR (most duelers like to have 20k+). You're also going to have to have a fairly high amount of dex to maintain max block as well, if you go with a shield (which you should, since the blocking helps a ton, and it gives you more defense to capitalize on and an extra slot for dmg mods/ias/resists/pdr).

I just saw where you said you couldn't obtain BotD, so I am sorry for suggesting that. You might consider one of the cheaper runewords, like Doom, or perhaps a nice unique like GF, death cleaver, or something else of that nature. Likewise, keep in mind that PDR caps at 50% now and leech is nerfed to around 1% in pvp, so Vamp Gaze won't do much for you; Lionheart is also poor armor for an iron barb, since it doesn't get any defensive bonuses. You'd be better off with the Valor, which you previously mentioned.

As for stats and skills, the typical build-plan is outlined in my guide, so I won't repost it here. You'll probably want to look at going with the defensive path (ironskin) since you're wanting to duel.

-Hal