Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP Clegs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by snow_crash, Mar 18, 2004.

1. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

PVP Clegs

Hey everyone, i'm snow_crash, I play on D2C USEast. I've been playing since around 1999. Well, okay, lets start this off.

I was thinking of a pvp barb that uses cleglaw's gloves, sword, goblin toes, and swordback hold.

The Cleg's sword gives 50% deadly strike, I think combined the gtoes and the Sback hold give around 75% crushing blow. Clegs gloves and sword together give some AR, def, and +max damage per lvl on the sword. I was thinking, even if you didn't get a crazy amount of base damage, you could rely on the deadly strike and crushing blow for lots of dam. Also, since clegs requires so little dex and str, I could pump vitality gaining massive amounts. What do you guys think?

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I'd think the damage on Cleg's sword would still be too low to be excessively effective, and rathe slow to boot. Likewise, isn't crushing blow weakened in pvp?

Not to mention that Cleg's gloves are major BM, with all that slow's target.

Against high level opponents, I doubt you'd stand any real chance, though if you were bringing this up as low-level dueling gear, it would probably work quite well. Otherwise, there is definately better gear around, like Gore's would trump Toes in general.

-Hal

3. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

k, thanks for stopping me before i went to far with it :lol:

4. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

dont use those gloves in duels ... it will just piss people off :buddies:

5. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

the KB on the gloves will also piss YOU off yourself...

6. Pcon

Pcon IncGamers Member

at lvl 90 clegs sword does about 130 dmg, for classic that is not bad atall. Kb might suck, sback hold actually gives 50 open wounds, which at lvl 90 is 333 pvp dmg over 8 seconds. YOu will have 60 percent chance of double damage, (1-(1-.2)*.5) (.2 from weap mast, then .5 from deadly strike). range 2 insnt great but whatever, use angelic rings and ammy, and deaths sash, use a 3 soc rub helm and goblin toes and twitch. This would be very cheap and i think would be good. YOu would do about 700 pvp dmg per hit (including open wounds dmg). 200dmg * 2deadly strike + 333