Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp: chargedin vs. ww barb

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by chaos9, Apr 8, 2004.

1. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

pvp: chargedin vs. ww barb

Assuming similar gear, who wins this one and why? Can the barb simply whirl through the charge attacks?

2. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

U charge, barb wws away from u. Its like running into some steel bladed ventilation fans really :) guess who wins that one.

3. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

barb wins 100% of the time.

4. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

like i said :)

5. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

yeah, in this perticular duel, the chargeadin will always lose. My barb has faught many a chargedins who lost to that technique. I bet tho, if you were a pretty versitile player, with some mad-skills, you could pull it off.

6. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

yeah, but then you are not playing a crusader (charger) correctly. More often than not, you will probably still lose. But here is how you do it. You have to convince the barb to ww you. You can do this by acting like a zealot/melee pally, or by my favorite technique, shift charging. Shift charge to a random point somewhere in front of the barb. Immediately shift charge away from his ww, but not too far. By this time, the barb will have started his ww. Charge back in following the path of the whirlwind, connect or not connect, and get out. Rinse and repeat. It is a game of cat and mouse, and your speed and timing need to be excellent, but it can be done. A few things you need to remember about equipment and tactics, though.

1. Always have walk on and make all charges using the shift+attack technique. This ensures max block+defense
    2. You need insane ar. Angelic ammy+ring and a ravenfrost is probably your best bet. Gives you the ar and the cbf you need.
    3. Do NOT sacrifice defense at all for this build. If I had to choose a skill setup for a barb hunting melee crusader, this would be it.
    20 Charge
    20 Vigor (speed and damage)
    20 Holy Shield (defense, block, life)
    20 Defiance (defense and more of it)
    The rest you can put where you like. As you would have holy shield maxed, probably go with a defiant smiting setup on switch and put the rest of the points into smite for the added damage. You could also consider blessed aim for the ar bonus.
    4. Always charge with vigor on. This is a no brainer, you need the speed to avoid getting hit.
    5. Keep moving. You don't want to get hit. While you probably do more damage per hit and can move faster than the ww barb, you only hit once and he hits a lot of the time. Got to be very careful.
    6. Maintain max dr and big damage. You need every advantage to be yours that you can get here. Remember, the barb is using the BEST melee attack in the game, bar none. You have to do what you can.

Good luck.

--welt