PvP BvC Guide.

OoQQoO

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: PvP BvC Guide.

very very nice guide maybe a bit long but full of helpfull information :D
but i STRONGLY disagree on one point.. 'bout the novamancer as the easiest necro build for a BVC... i had a novamancer with mid equip (such as crappy enigma, death web 45% poison red and the crappiest ones, 18% dr 75% fcr cap and 14% block) and i never had problems to kill a BVC even if he has a widowmaker & continu-leap, most of them 1 nova=1hp and then golem makes the rest with HF aura, also yes you are immune to poison 'till your hp reaches 1, but a non-idiot novamancer stays back when your hp is running to 1, and then approachs and spam theets-spirits and spears to land the final blow (if the golem won't do it) also very strong barbs can tank no more then 4-5 novas due to the massive poison res reduce (usually 110-120% and more) and it's pretty easy to hit them
TY 4 guide and BB!!!
Well, my BvC which has 7.5-8k health, depending on setup, takes them down pretty easily...

They need about 3 novas to get me down to 1, and oftentimes not even that, sometimes its more like 100 hp or so ^^

Also, as soon as i get hit by a nova, i do my best to telestomp once or twice, removing masses of HP from them..

On another note, if you succesfully tele-zerk them, i think (if i recall correctly), that if you teleport on him w/ namelock, and land exactly on top, you wont get hit if he casts nova, opening up for a tele-zerk!

rofonator

Diabloii.Net Member

Great guide!

By the way, any tips on how to duel a Shapeshift wolf with Ebotd war pike?

I always leap, NLock, tele triwhirl, but because of his huge dmg + fury he normaly kills me in my second whirl ^^

vknez

Diabloii.Net Member

Great guide!

By the way, any tips on how to duel a Shapeshift wolf with Ebotd war pike?

I always leap, NLock, tele triwhirl, but because of his huge dmg + fury he normaly kills me in my second whirl ^^
you must be kidding
fury wolf with ebotd war pike? i play wolves and will never use weapon like this. also i will never go 2 handed vs bvc....
you should eat him for lunch

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Even with the added range, can't they be countered similarly to a charging zealer / smiter?

mfer

Diabloii.Net Member

I know this guide is very old and outdated, but why advocate the use of Widow Maker? I don't find it any useful at all unless you are dueling idiots. However, let say you are dueling some smiter or hammerdin, what IF they use that too? Plus they have Fanaticism they will shoot arrows way faster than you and you don't even have a shield, you will most likely get shot to death if they decieded to turtle.

Sorry, I just wanted to pointed that out. I came from a competitive fighting game background, I just thought its stupid to have a bow and shoot at people, if they come to you, they're just dumb.

I use to play around with BVC and have never found it any useful at all. Like I mentioned, the people I use to pvp with use it also. They WILL make you come to them instead, if its use by a hammerdin you will have literally no way of winning. Since he got more damage and shoot faster.

I know there are different rules in each pvp communities, but the ones I duel in you can't use potions at all, that means not even mana potions, so you are SOL even against least bit decent paladin since they have meditation.

Even with the use of mana potions, any paladin can just out turtle you and waste your mana pots then you're dead, Open wounds don't even work since they can regen life with prayer. Sorry if this come as offensive, just wanted to pointed out that BVC is not what you make it out to be.

michaeld

Diabloii.Net Member
@mfer

It's assumed mana pots are allowed because it's difficult to determine if a player uses those. I've never seen anyone run out of mana pots in a duel, no matter how defensively their opponent played.

When the Barbarian switches to his bow, he still maintains the same flexibility, mainly in the form of cast rate, and he can still use battle order.
The Paladin on the other hand loses a lot of stats when switching to a bow, making him much more fragile. If the Paladin switches to his bow his hammer fields aren't powerful or plentiful enough anymore. The loss of block is especially something that makes him a target, not to mention the loss of life due to lack of BO'ing. The loss of cast rate and lack of ability to charge when wielding a bow is also something that means the Paladin may be forced to stand in place and start to hammer away if the Barb goes offensively.. but it's far from certain there's enough time to do that.. or quickly switch and start to deploy hammer fields again, but then the hammerdin wouldn't have to anything out of using his bow, while the Barbarian would have had plenty of time to fire off more shots.

Open wounds damage do by far exceed that of +skill boosted prayer's ~20 hp every 2 seconds: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Open_Wounds#1.10.2B_2

In other words, while it's generally considered the hammerdin has the upper hand, it's not because "he can simply also fire off guided arrows", because the Paladin doesn't do that better, he does that a lot worse. Max attack speed with a bow is ~7 frames pr. attack, I doubt Fana will make a lot of difference.

Finally using auras such as Fanatiscm and Meditation means no Concentration aura, which means the hammers won't be powerful enough. Which especially allow for the Barbarian to go offensive and quickly switch to defensive and fire off some Guided Arrow if the Paladin goes defensively again.

Therefore I think what you wrote is set up in a manner too simple.