Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvp bowazons- how to make elite on ladder only

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Tindil, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Tindil

Tindil IncGamers Member

Pvp bowazons- how to make elite on ladder only

Hey guys, I usually only post in pally forum so hi first off since this is prolly first time most of us have met.
    What I'm interested in is building characters that have a chance of killing any other character, and right now I'm working on a bowazon. If u think you lose 100% of the time to any class please don't bother responding.
    What kind of gear and switches do you recommend for the bowazon. I really need to work specifically on duels with paladins and casters specifically. 75% block is hard to beat when I'm only dodging 58% of the time. For resists I use an um'd kiras, silence occasionally and CoH. Do you have any other recommendations for gear switches? I have a lvl14fanat mat bow and a lvl15gmat bow. Damage reduction is a problem, was thinking of using the mat faith and socketing helm maybe with bers, using verdungo, etc..... ideas? Charging / smite pallys very hard to beat, just looking for good ideas... thanks

2. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

The DR from CoH isn't very much so it isn't going to help a whole helluva lot against a smite pala and the +2 skills only add 1% to D/A/E at best (with 58% Dodge I am assuming you have near max base). Have you considered trying Fortitude/Faith combo? The 300%ed from Fortitude will more than make up for the loss of a paltry 8% DR and 1% Dodge though your resists will suffer a bit.

3. Tindil

Tindil IncGamers Member

I use those vs pallys all the time, faith in a mat bow and fortitude that is, however they still beat me most of the time. How do you kill a paladin fully equiped with IDEAL gear who is blocking 75% of the time when u only dodge 58% of the time. Do u go for charms with more life, or use the rest of the gear to get near max DR, what are the possiblities for an ideal zon setup. Sure alot of people have good setups vs most melee but they get beat more than 50% of the time vs pallys (I know I normally only play paladins) -- how can I improve these odds as a zon. Anyone with a lot of dueling experience have a good setup?

4. sunami

sunami Banned

beating pallies for zons is very difficult. But its hard for a lot of chars (smite any1?). I use terrain to disrupt their charge (puddles), and run and shoot in tight circles and have the valk out to take the first charge. This may sound lame but I have used BP from marrows and offten that delays them just enough for me to blocklock them with 7 fps attack. I usually get omfg u nooblar or lmfao or wff was that? Funny as hell, get expencive tho as far as repairs.

5. ZOMG

ZOMG IncGamers Member

ok to beat smiters u'll never beat them with a pure bowa unless u use ice bow and slow gloves like clegs and blackhorn helm, if u wanna beat them fair n square ure gonna need to make a hybrid build with a phoenix shield and an eth titan to deal enuf dmg and pray that u hit.
    so in this case u'll have to resort to maxing out penetrate and get passive gcs to help out with the dodges and further help out penetrate cause ure not likely gonna gonna hit someone with 32k def and u won't have enuf time to cast inner sight to lower their def.
    I wouldn't really bother with reaching bp, with a gmb 8/2 is good enuf it's a waste of ias to reach the 7/2 bp u only get .2 more of an atk per second it's same with the lightning fury bp. ne ways hope that helps and yes use fortitude it helps to bring up the lightning fury dmg. hope that helps but in general u won't beat a cheap smiter/charger :( unless ure uber :p

6. sunami

sunami Banned

the other answer is to use eth upped titans and lb, here is what luis19 wrote about it:
    Why LB over lf and cs?Cs and LF are weak without synergies, while LB converts weapon dmg to lite, so get some upped titans and you should do around 2.5-3k max LB dmg. Very VERY useful vs other bowazons (1-2 hit kill) and paired with KB it works great vs melee pallys and cs zons as well as getting the last hit or two on a barb since its UNBLOCKABLE.
    And it is very true, it works

7. Tindil

Tindil IncGamers Member

most helpful sunami thx

8. TwiztedLotus

TwiztedLotus IncGamers Member

i don't know what u guys are talking about... i slay hammerdins smiters zealers all day long... i love it!!! fire run fire run... haha :thumbsup: