Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvp Bowazon (strengthless and vitaless)

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by NickaliskTrent, May 13, 2008.

1. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

Pvp Bowazon (strengthless and vitaless)

I wanted to make a pure pvp glass cannon amazon, pumping each point into dex. Is this feasible?

Or is being vitaless inimical to Pvp bowas?

What items would I have to utilize inorder to reach 108 str for my GMB Faith while maintaining maximum IAS? Which items can make up for the str reqs (if any?)

Resources are not really an issue, this is offladder btw.

EDIT: also, what is the best switch weapon (or should i have 2 sets, with one set in cube?)

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Pvp Bowazon (strengthless and vitaless)

Unless you are rich and can get great max/ar/life or whatever then I wouldn't recommend it. Even so, I would STILL recommend going vital to actually survive a hit to lengthen the duel.

Since you are using faith, you need ias all over.
    Recent bowazons make use of Enigma for teleport,frw, etc. Nosferatu also gives 15 str.
    20 torch
    20 anni
    15 nosferatu
    65 from enigma if you decide to use it over fortitude.

Best switch in my opinion is titan/ss for dr, another method of attack, resist,block, frw. Prebuffing with cta gets annoying and only lasts a few seconds.

3. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

It depends on what you mean by feasible.

Shove on a 20 str ring + 15 str glove + 10 from wartravs and you'll have more than enough str for faith GMB. Going enigma is an option but that's an entirely different build.

If you're going to prebuff then CTA in cube and ss/titans. If you're not going to prebuff then just go ss/titans.

Btw, how much you can tank isn't so much based on vitality but the charms/build you use. If you go PURE glass cannon, using max/ar/frw scs its different from going pure dex and using max/ar/life. LMK what you're planning.

4. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

I got a pvp glasscanon bowazon up and running now allmost all dex ( didn't have enough +str from ring dual leech ring ) and it's pretty great unless they will play BM. Don't expect to win against paladins using holy freeze and BvC's that use Doom. The best duels are against ES sorcs, those are so fun, really intense and alot of running.

Basically all legit players are beatable for a pvp glasscanon except some annoying chargers/smiters and auradins. Unlegit hacking pvp players, well go find an other game ( When you see a FOH paladin with a FOH stick teleporting at 125 fcr or a windy with a +6 nado helm teleporting at 163 fcr and insane FHR with autoteleport )

I recommon some mana charms because multishot demands alot of mana, I have close to 400 mana without bo which helps alot with spamming MS. Also try to have enough frw to be able to outrun a javazon with your bow out (the enigma users since those are a real threat ) . I actually use run > GA > run > GA > run > GA .... alot instead of titan switch > LF :tongue:

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  5. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

I have 3/XX/XX charms from my barb still, so getting those wont be a problem, and I could always try to acquire FRW/max dmg charms.

I'm not really limited gearwise by anything, except I can't seem to find KB on 20 ias str gloves.

Currently I have:
    15str 11 dex 20IAS gloves
    15str Nos Belt
    20str 14dex AR Ring
    20 attribute Anni
    20 Attribute Torch
    10 str War Traveler

So I can easily equip the GMB faith quite comfortably, and even have SS (-15%) and Titans on switch.

Should I use 37 3/XX/XX charms or get some FRW ones?

Should I go glass cannon now with charms for vita? And should I go FRW or full 3/XX/XX?

6. SlainByPain

With experience you'll find that you won't beat the best with frw charms (which actually means you won't beat the best with a glass cannon). Simply said, no matter how much FRW you have you won't outrun teleport and a lot of attacks. Good duelers playing FOH pallies, blizzard sorcs, chargers, and BVAs will most likely decimate you since they will most likely 1-2 shot you while you need to hit them multiple times (it gets even harder when they have max block) in addition to being much faster.

With that said, FRW is not useless and the basis of a glass cannon is to have a bowazon revolving around FRW and high damage. I would say that an extremely good glass cannon will be able to defeat the vast majority of players. Again, there are a few classes that will be almost impossible to beat when played by someone competent and most other classes will still be hard to take down if they know what they're doing.

Having mana is an option if you don't want to use mana potions, but it's normally not an issue with lvl 10-15 multishot (what you should have).

7. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

how much frw should i be aiming for in bowmode?

Also, which chars are the "impossible" to beat ones?

8. SlainByPain

100% frw is probably the bare minimum, with 200% frw being the max. Anything more than 200% isn't worth it and less than 100% starts hurting you.

"Impossible" to beat:
    max block blizz sorcs
    max block/dr barbs with good fcr
    chargers (shield)

Those will be your hardest enemies.

FoHers end up being a 50/50 battle if you die in 1 foh since sometimes you'll dodge 5 in a row and other times die from the first.

9. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

100 FRW with spear or without? (30 from titans)

Also, is the guide in the amazon section about bowa's with the few points in jav still up to date?

10. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

Yes, it's still up to date. 1 point in LF is pretty good, does 3k+ damage with eth upped titans and SS. For more damage, slap on a phoenix and it goes to 5k+ damage. In PvM, with pride + might merc, it goes even to 7k+ damage. :tongue: ( I clear Choas Sanctuary using LF if I run out of arrows )

11. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Wait.. what? max block blizz sorcs are difficult? Are you sure about that?

I would say any other pvp spelll from a sorc is alot more deadly, fball,nova,charged bolt.. Something that can potentially keep you in lock rather than a slow random blizzard.

120-140 is usually the point where most stop attaining frw since thats when you will begin to desynch.

Honestly I would just follow the hybrid guide, there are no complaints and its the most successful kind of zon out there other than a fc zon which is just lame :p