Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Boner worth the investment?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by NokturnaL, Oct 14, 2006.

1. NokturnaL

NokturnaL IncGamers Member

PvP Boner worth the investment?

Hi guys, I've been absent from the d2 scene for probably over 3 years and just recently came back and made a fury/rabies hybrid wolf. I now have a lvl 76 necro that I was going to use for pvp and I'm wondering how strong they really are and if it's worth the investment to make a godly one. Are godly pvp bone necros hard to beat or do they still find themselves struggling in good duels? What/who are the bone necros main weaknesses in pvp? And most importantly of all, are they even fun to pvp with? I'm tired of my poor wolfie getting owned by smiters when he usually has better gear than them and I'm hoping the bone necro is strong enough to deal with them.

2. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

well, i don't know what bone necros were like 3 yrs ago. heck i don't even know what they're like now (never used one). but from what i've heard/read they're pretty good. they were awesome when the marrow bug was around, but that got patched. anyways, you should try looking in the mouldy tome (stickied thread in the necro forum). lists plenty of builds & how to make them, including pvp bone necs ^_^ a pvp bone necro should come to this thread soon enough to help you out a bit more with questions =)

3. hellzfire

hellzfire IncGamers Member

i play a pvp boner in west. if they're hard to kill depends on your playing style, fcr, aim, setup (like not maxing something useless out), and possibly gear (mostly enigma if you play LoD and you don't exactly need skillers but without them it'll be harder to kill) most bone necro's weaknesses are melee duelers (eg. smiters, wwsin, wwbarb, and the like- if its a zealer, it should be extremely easy though)... in my experience, bone necros are meant to pvp against caster type chars, but you can take on melee chars if you know what you're doing. an old classic trick against melee chars is that you'd wall yourself inside, prison the enemy, cast iron maiden on the, and they'd usually die if you cast it after they hit your walls (this was for barbs though). than again, this seems kinda uselses now because most smiters/any character use enigma... :/

PS: you can reach aroud 4k spear dmg with good equipment and skillers. you may want to max block, but i'm not sure, ask around for whether a pvp necro needs to max block... and always get higher than 125fcr or exactly 125fcr!!! if you don't meet the 125 fcr requirement, you'll be useless in pvp...

bone tree: (depends up to you whether you want to max teeth, prison, or wall first... since u want to go against smiters, i'd say max teeth last so you bone armor can tank some more dmg)
    20 bone spear
    20 bone spirit
    20 bone wall
    20 bone prison
    20 teeth
    1 in each prerequiste

summoning tree:
    1 in skele, mage, revive, and clay golem
    -these act as tanks, with skillers you should be able to get 5-8 skele/mage, and the clay golem is for slow for easier aim, and revives give a minion stack glitch where when you teleport your skele n mages don't move from you unless you decide to run/walk. they're used as tanks so don't get more than one in these (don't forget the prerequiste of blood and iron too:shocked: )

not sure if you want to know my items, but ask if you want to (but i'm not one of those duelers with godly items though, i just happen to pvp a lot and spend my time dueling instead of looking for items)

4. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Yes it is worth it, I too have a necro on West with max block and max DR w/ SS.
    Its not an expensive build, unless you want PnB Lifers.

Boner Necs are very good against all classes and require alot of skills to use.
    There are 2 types of Bone Necs, Vita and Max block.
    Vita vs. Casters
    Max Block vs. Melee, Evil Bowazons etc.

Choose which one you want to focus on and do it.
    Good Luck :thumbsup:

5. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

I use a Vita build On europe, I dont have problems with most melee chars
    WWbarbs are always a problem, but the pubbie ones are easy.
    I dont use skele meat shield, as i think its pretty Bm, the comment about the IM is pretty pointless aswell.
    There are plenty of guides out there that you can use, as Necros dont need alot of gear changes.

Note- I wouldnt even bother going Maxblock unless you can get PnB Lifers.

6. hellzfire

the comment about im was so if he can't afford enigmga, he can try doing that to fight against barbs and ww sin, but i guess it is because he seems to have better equipment than smiters

and whats the difference between gm and bm? i'm confused... i've been pvping for around 1-2 years and i've never heard these terms

7. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

Good manners and Bad manners
    People have differant views on Bm, the generally accepted BM terms, are things such as Massivly Absorbing a sorc etc

8. hellzfire

wow... thats kinda wierd... i woulda thought that if it was good manners they would say gg or something and if they were bm they'd say something f*** y** whenever they lost... :grin:

9. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

pnb can be very strong v's most builds. you need to be quite defensive against a lot of builds. ie if a smiter catches you, you will die. incorporating bonewall/prison into your tactics can help prevent this.

goals to aim for are
    125fcr
    86 fhr
    4k+ spear/spirit
    max res in hell after anya bug

one of the hardest match ups will be es sorc's. they tele faster and your spells aren't damaging enough to break a good es.
    windy's can also be difficult, but good tactic's can beat a windy. teeth will kill his minions, spear sniping and knowing when to go from defensive play to offensive, ie when his minions are dead and before he recasts them.
    good bvc's are also tough, but there's really not many of these around.
    make's me want to re-equip my boner and duel with him again ;)