Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvp bonemancer setup

Discussion in 'PvP' started by zooply, Nov 16, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

Pvp bonemancer setup

Alright, couldn't get any responses in my last thread on figuring out the setup for my pvp nec, but i think i pretty much know what i'll do with him now:

stats: vitamancer

weapon: hoto (also have a wizzy for extra res)
    shield: 35 spirit
    helm: necro 20 fcr with shael
    ammy: 10+ fcr ammy
    armor: dusk enigma
    boots: 15 str treks
    belt: trangs
    gloves: trangs
    rings: soj's, bk's, or res rings

Inv: 9 pnb gc, 20/xx torch, 20/xx/x anni, 9 5% res all sc's

basically with this setup i only need 22 hard points to str for dusk, and the dusk will give enough str for the treks, and with the 15 from treks at lvl 86 i can use the spirit (or ss vs melee). with the shael'd circlet, spirit, and treks i'll break the 86 fhr. i'll also break 125 fcr without needing any fcr from rings or an arachs, so i can use a trang belt, which other than the fcr and +1, seems to have more going for it than arachs, and saves me from having to use a ravens.

so far it seems to all shape out and fit together pretty well, and lets me have some flexibility. the only thing is my resists may still be a little low unless i spend more, and i'll go the cheap route and use 2-3 15 res all gc's.

note: i'm still pretty new to dueling, and never built a pvp bonemancer, so feel free to critique it to nothing lol.

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Thats a good build, get PnB lifers and life scs so youll have even more life and youll be a great bone necro.

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol only if i were that rich ^^. pnb lifers are most likely out of my price range right now. i'd rather cover the bases with resists and everything else first, then think about lifers =P. would also try & get 2 pnb 12 fhr, so i can take out that shael lol

4. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

Breast plate Enigma instead?

Breast plate Enigma
    Circlet
    Boneshade
    Darkforce Spawn
    10+% Amulet +2 Necro
    SoJ
    SoJ
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Trang-Oul's Gloves
    Sandstorm Trek

This will give you 125% FCR, more damage, and way more style points.

5. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

bp wouldn't be a bad idea either, but i don't like the darkforce & boneshade =(. with hoto/wizzy and spirit i may not get as many +'s to skills, but i get the resists, life, higher fcr, fhr, etc. arachnids i could use, but with the setup i'm choosing i won't need it for the fcr, so i'd be better off with the trang belt

6. xxmunkyxx

xxmunkyxx IncGamers Member

my best suggestion is to use homoculous instead of spirit ONLY because the STR req is lower and if you "um" it it will have about +55 all resistance, and then you will still have all up
    20 from helm
    40 from hoto
    20 from arachs
    20 from trangs
    20 from 2x resis, fcr, life, dex n str rings (those would be extremely expensive)
    and there you have +120 fcr with higher damage, lower str req, more resistance and more room for bmana sm's (+20 life +17 mana)

xxmunkyxx:sunny:

7. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Only thing is that the fcr bp is 125. 120 doesnt cut it.

8. xxmunkyxx

xxmunkyxx IncGamers Member

im pretty sure 120 does cut it... my bonemancer has 100 fcr with good gear and i have no problem with dueling in pvp or pvm i dont see why you think that 5% more fcr will make a difference? can you please explain why this would make such a difference

xxmunkyxx :sunny:

9. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Because there's breakpoint at 125% FCR. Next lower BP is at 75, having 120 doesn't make any sense. If you are happy with 9 frames cast then 75 is enough, if not then go for 125. Sacrificing other gear slots to get 100 or 120 is pointless if you don't reach 125 BP. 80, 90, 100 or 120 isn't any better than 75 while 125 is.

10. moonlike

moonlike Banned

75fcr-10frame tele
    125fcr-9 frame

11. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Of course. Stupid me mixed up 9 and 10 frame BPs :smiley:

12. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

I really don't like the idea of ditching Arachnid's Mesh. The mods do nothing but out due Trang-Oul's Belt in my opinion. Have you thought about using a Mara's Kliedascope instead of the FCR Amulet? +2 all helps your bo and 5 to all attributes and resists cannot be ignored. Unless your uncanningly (word? haha) rich and can get an amulet that's near equal to a 20% FCR, +2 skills, 20 strength, 20 dexterity, 50 life, 50 mana unless you absolutely positively need the FCR you can easily switch it out for Mara's Kliedascope. Trang-Oul's Belt just doesn't cut it for me, Arachnid's Mesh has a sweet spot in my heart though. Just my two cents.

13. DarkMousy

DarkMousy IncGamers Member

Gear:

helm: any nec circlet with +2 skills/20 fcr will do I suppose
    ammy: storm circlet/fletch/any 20 fcr ammy
    weapon: hoto/spirit/wizzy for sorbing
    armour: low str req enigma
    shield: ber or jah homunculus
    gloves: trangs
    ring1: bk
    belt: arachnid's
    ring2: fcr/life/mana (no stats, keep it available for a switch to sorb if you use wizzy)
    boots: stat/res boots, fhr is a bonus

Hits the 125 bp with decent damage. For NVN you can either use spirit + darkforce or an 8bs white + darkforce depending on where you get your fhr from.

14. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

i have to say nay to homunculus. spirit gives me more of what i need and lets me be more flexible in gear.

as for arachs and maras: maras i forgot about lol. thanks for the reminder, as i'll definitely consider that =). as for arachs, except for the 20 fcr and +1 skills i still thing trang belt is better if arachs isn't needed for reaching any breakpoints. trang belt has cbf, up to +50 mana, +66 life, and with trang gloves adds i'd get an extra 15% mana regen (and i don't think the slow on arachs works with caster spells does it?). as i said before, the thing i like is the versatility, as i can switch my rings, belt, ammy, and weapon while still retaining the 125 and 86. which is all the more reason for 2 12 fhr pnb gc's, so i can switch out the helm too lol.

i think i'll skip bp enigma after thinking about it though, as with bp i'd need only 55 str, but even with all the +str from gear, i'll still be too low to use spirit. i may try & get a maras too =D. although in case i have to switch it out, i won't rely on the +5 to stats.

p.s. maccat, there's no way i could afford that ammy lol:laugh:

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

With this setup you will end up being eaten alive by any decent melee and also Windies will be a trouble.

Why? Only 8% DR, no blocking.

You should really try going for 125/86/75. Something like this:

Wizardspike -15%/7% req/fhr jewel
    Enigma Breastplate
    3/20/2 circlet, socketed with 2* Shaels
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Bloodfists
    Waterwalks (the +life is neat)
    Stormshield 'Ber'
    2* FCR rings with high str/mana/life
    +15% FCR amulet with +2 skills and possibly str/dex/mana/life
    CTA/Spirit

Now, you have:
    50% DR
    125% FCR
    77% FHR
    75% Blocking

So, now you only need 9% more FHR. For this, if your skillers are exactly or less than +40 life, replace one of those with a FHR one. If they are higher than 40, replace 2 SCs instead.

So, your charms would look like:
    Annihilus
    Torch
    9* skillers with >40 life
    8* scs with 20 life, possibly added mana or resistances
    2* scs with +5% FHR, possibly resistances or mana

Or

Annihilus
    Torch
    8* Skillers with <40 or 40 life
    1* skiller with +12% FHR
    10* SCs with 20 life, possibly with mana

Here you have it: damn high life, all the needed goals. This kind of a necro will be a real tough match-up for almost anything. Oh, and with perfect items, you would have ~3357 life at lvl 92. But that's assuming 9* 45 life skillers, +60 life/20 dex from both rings and the amulet. So I doubt it would happen.

16. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol ya you're assuming i'm way rich with those pnb lifers. pfft, i'm having trouble buying an anni right now. as far as melee destroying me, i already know that part ^^. i was designing this with casters in mind more than melee. your setup would keep away melees, but i'd have to switch stuff around for resists against casters. basically it seems the only difference between the 2 is vitamancer vs. blockmancer, as either can switch around for res or dr. hmmmm... definately gives me something to think about lol.

17. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, the blocking is crucial versus some opponents. Mainly WWsins, BvCs and Bowazons.

And no, I did not assume a thing, I just listed the two possible setups, one for the richer and one for the others.

18. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol no need to get defensive. so then, i'm going to assume that something like 50 pdr without max block isn't going to help too much vs melee. and without the lifers, would i still live vs. casters with a blockmancer, even with res? also i'll throw in that one guy's argument in the other pvp bonemancer thread about vitamancers, which i'm too lazy to copy & paste :tongue: .

19. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well well. 50% PDR of course helps, but without either playing 110% defensive (aka never being on the screen of the opponent) you are in for quite some trouble versus melee. My friend has a vita mancer with 125/86, ~2.8-2.9k life and he uses SS versus my BvC. And yes, he plays overly defensive.

As for the lifers thing, you can always see if the difference between a couple of skillers and 20s in damage is too much of concern. If it's small, then you can replace a couple of skillers with 20s and gain more life.

20. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol overly defensive isn't fun. tell him to be a man and jump right in there:laugh: anyways, what about just stacking more pdr? like a 3 ber'd helm. i'd then reach 75 pdr with a vitamancer. i could get more, but it'd knock me out of the 125.