Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP bonemancer questions!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Slipin, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Slipin

Slipin IncGamers Member

PvP bonemancer questions!

i've got a couple questions about PvP necros , i'm definatly going to make a pvp nec, but i cant dicide to build a Vitamancer or a Block/Dr. I normally do Pubbie duels, but with the increase in Trapsin, FoHers and tele hammers, i might be thinkin about going Clan-Honor or league. For pubbies block/Dr isnt a very good, And i would like to know how well Vitamancers work in leagues.
    One of my biggest questions is over gear tho, I have a Fair 36 hoto, and a perfect Boneshade and am undicided, i could use some help in picking.

~Slipin~

2. jren

jren IncGamers Member

i would recommend dex and not a vit necro.

First some back ground info:
    I am an experienced pvp necromancer with 1 level ** vit necro and another lvl89 dex necro. both had the exact same setups:
    hoto, enigma, ber shako, homo, arach, eth sandstorms, pbs etc etc.
    --
    Like i stated before, i definitely prefer my dex necro just because of the versatility factor. What do i mean by this? Well, even though my vit necro had a health advantage, i lacked the needed block for some classes in pvp. Although i do understand your point about the increase of caster classes in pvp, there are still those zons and barbs and pallies out there that would be nasty if you didnt have high block. Also the difference between my vit necro and my dex necro is not that significant considering the high dmg casters.

Furthermore, CTA (from reading your post, it seems you can also afford one)seems to give me more than enough life for my dex necro who does very well against all types of duelers whether they are bowzons/barbs to blizz sorcs/fohers/trapsins.

ps: 1 more thing, make sure you plan your eq b4 you make your necromancer so that you can put minimal str points and minimal dex points for max block.

That's my two cents :surprise:

3. Slipin

Slipin IncGamers Member

Thx for the info, im gonna use a archon or dusk enigma, so thats more then enough str right there(might need a tad more then base) and from ur post i assume to go with hoto?

4. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

I recommend all vit. Why? Because more than 70% of the pubby duels are casters (imo), which makes blocking useless. Damage reduce/with fast hit recovery (at least 56), works just as well as a blocking necro.

ps I also have had extensive experience with pvp necros. I have made over 5 pvp necros since the patch started, each over lv90. I have explored variants in dex//block, and vit//dr, and block//dr. And I must say, I like vit//dr the best (but you need fast hit recovery for this build)

5. Slipin

Slipin IncGamers Member

Thx 4 ur post to pallidum, heh this is a quite a problem 2 post stating the exact opposite... i guess ill just wait it out for more posts. :scratch:

~Slipin~

6. jren

jren IncGamers Member

like i said, it really all depends on the equipment that you plan on wearing. if you are well enough off so that you can afford eq that has low str (dusk enigma) and can afford eq that will make up for vitality, then you can get the best from both worlds.

if you are on a budget or if your eq requires too much str, leaving very few points for vit (if you max block) then go with a vit necro.

or vice versa, the choice is urs

7. Slipin

Slipin IncGamers Member

Well right now what i plan on using shako(ethier ber or um, ber if i have enough res)Trangs gloves,arach mesh,not sure about boots, maybe treks or silkweaves(but i wont be using bug)weap will be hoto(or im shopping for a good white)ammy is 25 maras, shield of course is humon,rings will be sojs if i need mana, bks if i need more life, and dwarf/raven/wisp depending on duel.
    i have a archon enigma right now, to high of a str req so im gonna go get a dusk.

~Slipin~

8. gideon2086

gideon2086 IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 90 nec with 500 points in vit. No dex/str/energy. On east ladder of course :). Uses rare circlet (30 life, 2 skills, 20 fcr, 28 str, 20 all resist), perfect hoto, perf boneflame, rare ammy (45 life, 2 skills, 20 fcr, 18 all resist), frostburns (need that damn mana @[email protected]), marrows (yes i like the extra dmg), arachnids, 2x sojs.

This build has about 3k life with a +6 bo cta, hits max cast and cant be killed if a melee actually catches him because of Bone Armor. I think dr/block is pointless for good necs. You need the life, and if you are good... you will rarely be caught by melee and when caught bone armor will absorb most of the dmg.

9. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

wow gideon, do you think your gear could get any more PERFECT?

With no points in anything other then vit, how do you equip items? marrow str req is 118, and there is no way you can reach that with gear listed +enigma.

Nec's start w/ 15 str, enigma @ clvl90 gives 67 str = 82 + perfect anni = 102 = your 16 short of 118 for marrow

I don't get you pvp guys who stretch out every last thing like this.

So help me see this one through.

g

10. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

You're missing the 28 str he has on his circlet.

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

bah! i knew i was missing something.

thanks.