Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Bone Question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by gibsonSG, Nov 9, 2006.

1. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

PvP Bone Question

Unfortunately, school's gotten a little rough right now, so I'm not playing as much as I would like to. This means that the PvP necromancer that I was going to build has to be put on hold for a bit (I have most of the gear needed - save the really expensive stuff). I still have a question however. It seems that a lot of people like to use Wizardspike as their main weapon, but I was wondering what the benefits of using HEART OF THE OAK all the time are. Personally, I think it's no contest, as the 40 FCR v 50 FCR can be accounted for elsewhere and you DON'T have to sacrifice the other mods - +3 skills, resists (not as much as Wizardspike...but the skills I like), mana regen (I think?), and this: +10 dexterity. Assuming I get both and switch back and forth, should I factor in this +10 dexterity bonus when allocating stat points or not? I know necromancers get the shaft when it comes to life:vit ratio, but still - more life is good (and I get to use what I might call an equally-as-kick-***-a-weapon).

2. hisakix

hisakix IncGamers Member

I only use wizardspike when I need stacked resistances. You don't need one of those "gg" fcr/+skill nec circlets or ammy's to each the 125fcr if you have hoto+arach+1xfcr ring+trang glove + 35fcr spirit. If you can reach the 125 breakpoint, obviously you should go the way of the hoto as it gives you +3 to all skills vs. the +0 you get from wizardspike. For example, when dueling melee my nec will equip ss + hoto b/c I need to retain as much dmg output as possible since I'm giving up +2 by using the ss. On the other hand, if you ever meet a foher or cold-based sorc you will need as much stacked resistances as possible and that includes the extra 35res you can get from wizardspike.

In the end, it all comes down to who you are dueling. You should not go making your pvp boner with the mindset of using "HOTO all the time...". Effective dueling requires you to adapt, and that means using BOTH wizardspike and Hoto depending on the task at hand. I hope this helps with your build.

Also, to answer your stat allocation question it depends on your other equipment as well (/w +dex). Generally speaking though, since you only need max block with phy dmg opponents (excluding smiters), you should reach max block when you put on your gear vs. melee opponents.