PVP Bone Necro

ElDrunko

Diabloii.Net Member
PVP Bone Necro

I've decided to make a pure high lvl pvp bone necro. I need some advice on skills and stats and possibly gear.

I was thinking something like this for skills:

20 bone spear
20 bone spirit
20 bone wall
20 bone prison
1 bone armor
and I already put 3 into teeth.
rest into a curse of some sort.

My stats are:
40 or so strength for some gear
base dex
rest vit
40 or so mana

So far for gear I have a semi gg breast plate and a 2 necro, 10 fcr, 38 fr, 58 mana wand. Any suggestions on other gear? I'm open to all critisism.

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided to make a pure high lvl pvp bone necro. I need some advice on skills and stats and possibly gear.

I was thinking something like this for skills:

20 bone spear
20 bone spirit
20 bone wall
20 bone prison
1 bone armor
and I already put 3 into teeth.
rest into a curse of some sort.

My stats are:
40 or so strength for some gear
base dex
rest vit
40 or so mana

So far for gear I have a semi gg breast plate and a 2 necro, 10 fcr, 38 fr, 58 mana wand. Any suggestions on other gear? I'm open to all critisism.
Find a +2 Nec 20 FCR Bone Spirit synergy-adding Wand for better damage against other Necs or non-elemental duelers.

- Akukami

Sebbie

Diabloii.Net Member
Find a +2 Nec 20 FCR Bone Spirit synergy-adding Wand for better damage against other Necs or non-elemental duelers.

- Akukami
I thought synergy only worked for hard points you put in them? For instance a +2 vigor scepter is useless for a hammerdin... Correct me if am wrong.

As for the bone necro so far I am amazed at how eazy it is to play him (pvm). Those bone walls and bone prisons make wonders while Bone spears and Corps explosion takes care of the actual damage. For levelling I suggest a tri spahire helm and magefist with a +2 wand 20 fcr with a golem is nice here. You mostly wan't fast cast and mana for leveling.

As for the gear for the actual duelling I guess you want the usual hit recovery, bonus to life, fast cast rate, run speed, lr and cr. It's always the same song.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought synergy only worked for hard points you put in them? For instance a +2 vigor scepter is useless for a hammerdin... Correct me if am wrong.
most pvp necro's send a few spirits out to keep their opponents on their toes, and/or moving around to dodge the 2500 dmg or more spirits, and then spam after them with very high damage, and faster casting bone spears, especially if they go into fhr animation from the spirit.

hence why the +2 bone spear is desirable on that +2 necro wand.

a dream necro wand, would not only have what akukami mentioned, but also 40/39 dual rez, +mana/energy/life, and perhaps a curse (if they can stack like that)

I know the +skills, fcr very high dual rez can spawn, as I just traded one away over the weekend. somewhere on this site, you will find, that I previously had been confused about +2 tri rez wands, after which point I started checking them a bit more carefully. tri rez wands, with FCR are semi-desirable on/for some sorcs, and I have indeed found many, but as I was corrected, they obviously do not spawn with +2 necro skill *Sheepish grin*

zaxien

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it possible for +1 tri rez wands to drop?
also if you are dueling other necs..BEST gear to wear = Blinkbats + treads of cthon(sp?).

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it possible for +1 tri rez wands to drop?
also if you are dueling other necs..BEST gear to wear = Blinkbats + treads of cthon(sp?).
I was politely, (and not so politiely informed) that I wouldn't ever find a skill wand with tri rez.

:shrug:

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
You CAN however find a +3 bone spear 20fcr tri res one with 5 repl and 60 mana ;)
such a wand would hold quite a bit of value if the rez was nice. unfortunately, while valuable, too many noobs would not understand the value of it, and non-noobs are probably rich enough with other gear, that they would'nt offer much for it.

seems that people are whores to conventional high res/replife stuff, and/or other more easily moved items like hats, armor, sheilds, especially if they can get their style in as well.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
So a yes to the stats and skills?..
I've only taken my bone necro's into the 70s or so, before moving onto ladder a few months ago. perhaps it's a style of play issue, bmost people I know, lvl bone armor for a little extra personal protection before leveling bone prison.

a bone prison is only going to ensare a fellow necro, a pally or zon. many of which can still kill you from afar (foh/farcasting)

sculpen

Diabloii.Net Member
You're skill points look spot on. I would recommend a point in clay golem over any curse. Only decrepify matters, and clay golem does the same job with no prereqs. Shoot for 80 fcr, 52 fhr, 30 fr/w.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
You're skill points look spot on. I would recommend a point in clay golem over any curse. Only decrepify matters, and clay golem does the same job with no prereqs. Shoot for 80 fcr, 52 fhr, 30 fr/w.
if he's levelling via cs runs, he will be more welcome to participate in those runs, with curses, than with a golem

ElDrunko

Diabloii.Net Member
I've only taken my bone necro's into the 70s or so, before moving onto ladder a few months ago. perhaps it's a style of play issue, bmost people I know, lvl bone armor for a little extra personal protection before leveling bone prison.

a bone prison is only going to ensare a fellow necro, a pally or zon. many of which can still kill you from afar (foh/farcasting)
Adding points into bone prison and bone wall add dmg to bone spear and spirit but it also adds 15% defence to bone armor. Maybe I will put some points into armor if it has a time limit so it stays up for longer but I don't think it does. Thanks for the help every one.:smiley:

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
Adding points into bone prison and bone wall add dmg to bone spear and spirit but it also adds 15% defence to bone armor. Maybe I will put some points into armor if it has a time limit so it stays up for longer but I don't think it does. Thanks for the help every one.:smiley:
yeah, I recall that they are all synergistic to the bone armor, what I didn't recall was the point of diminishing returns on the bone armor. :)

if lvl 1 bone armor is the point of diminishing returns, then that would explain my level 7x' bone necro's realtively low dmg for his level, and my lack of interest in 'finishing' him thus far on non ladder :grin: (I'm pretty sure I probably have quite a bit more than 1 into bone armor)

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
If it's just for leveling and the ultimate goal of this necro is pvp, can't you just get a wand with a sub-fire golem on it ?
Anybody know if the golem gets unsummoned when you take off the wand if you don't have hard points in that golem ? I'm talking skillpoints here, pervs, allways stuck below the waist with your brains, eh ?

Amaruak

Diabloii.Net Member
I always see Bone Necros with a wand which is fair, but against non-elemental duelers wouldn't shard be better?

Is there any point in getting enough dex to use a Shard for the added FCR?

Does that added FCR even matter if you already have 70% FCR?

I ask because I have recently found a reasonably nice wand (Well, better than an Ume's) and I may make a PVP Bone necro, but I havn't played a necro since 1.09 and that was a summoner/CE necro, so I have absolutely no experiance with new necro's especially with all the synergies.

Cheers.

+EDIT+

What I'm trying to say is 'Please could someone enlighten me on the way Bone necro's work'.

Cheers