PvP Blizzard Sorc - How much damage?

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Blizzard Sorc - How much damage?

After beginning to make a Blizzard sorc for pvp, I quickly realized that Blizzard is quite like Blessed Hammer in the sense that 9 skillers aren't always the best charms, since they don't need that much damage. How much damage do you prefer for your Blizzard, before you start allocating lifers? Reason being that sorcs and necros benefit most from +20 lifers since they consequently get so little life per vitality point. Do you like your blizzard to have one-hit kills, or is two hit fine?

krisjeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: PvP Blizzard Sorc - How much damage?

I believe blizzard sorcs have damage around 10-12k, 16k being the absolute top. As to the last question, the chars that you will one-hit anyway (most casters) will die in 1 blizzard regardless of your damage range (unless it is huge) and the ones you wont take with 1 block of shards will most likely die in two anyway (barbs, pallies).

Naab

Diabloii.Net Member

Heavy sorbers(Dual ravenfrosts,total ~400 cold resist) can take some mean beating though.I've dueled one and it wasn't cool at all(had around 12k damage)

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

Heavy sorbers(Dual ravenfrosts,total ~400 cold resist) can take some mean beating though.I've dueled one and it wasn't cool at all(had around 12k damage)
Well, that's something that all sorcs will have to live with. So supposing against most non-sorbing, GM opponents, how much damage would you shoot for? 10k? 12k? Less?