Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Blade shield?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MauJ, Jun 15, 2005.

1. MauJ

MauJ IncGamers Member

PvP Blade shield?

Ok so I'm really bored and I want some thoughts/opinions.

A pvp Blade shield sin. Nali talked about this build way back in .09 as a pvm build. From what I remember he suggested A good range weapon, Open wounds, CB, DS and I actually tried the build in PvM single player and it worked well up until hell.

About the skill itself what are the basics for it? What pvp penaltys affect it. I know pvp Open wounds would work, So would CB. And maybe something out of the ordinary like a Kingslayer beserker for the 3 range or even a War pike.

It would have flexibility. Level 20 BS would have 112-141 dmg + 1/4 wepaon dmg so maybe even an Ethereal Kingslayer Zerker or A faster wep.
    And it's only 20 points so that would leave room for a kicker build also.

20 BS
    20 DT
    20 DF
    ...and whatever other preferences.

Any good test results as of 1.10??? All I know test wise is that with my friend having his body it was very hard to land it, So does it require ar? or what are the bases for it to hit? When he didn't have his body It sliced him up quite nicely. And if you used amp from Eth lacerator...heh

Also blade sentinel would be interesting...level 25 they do 100 dmg +3/8 of weapon and last for 13 seconds so you could have like 4 of them out. Bored against my friend I noticed they also get venom dmg added and can Set off amp from lacerator.

Dunno I'm just bored and I'm too rich lol.

2. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

sry dude,
    my old wwsin had max BS you must get really close and pray you hit 1 time,
    against hig def and higher lvl's I couldn't hit
    (char was 85)

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Hey MauJ,

Lots of things have changed with BShield since 1.09. Now, CB/OW/CtC on Striking don't work with it, only DS does. Range is still dependant on weapon. I don't recall the details of speed of BShield in 1.09, but now it strikes at a fixed rate of 25 frames(1 attack/sec), regardless of your weapon speed/IAS. Like you found out, BShield is now dependant on AR (use Normal Attack AR).

The bottom line is: don't bother, unless the claw you're using happens to have BShield innately, or you are going to be using really high damage weapons and can stack on the DS, and even then, BShield is a supplementary damage source at best.

BSentinel is much the same, but if I'm not wrong CTC on Attack/DS works with it(CB/OW/CTC on Striking don't). In any case, if you plan to use it, make sure you don't use DF/PS/CoT/WoF/SWeb often, due to NextDelay. See the FAQ for details.

PS. You wouldn't happen to be the paperclip Mau? ;)

4. MauJ

MauJ IncGamers Member

Can't believe you actually remember me ;) Yea I'm back and bored. So much changed from .09 to 1.1 when I was gone I went from knowing just about anything about sins to knowing close to nothing...but I'm working my way back up. What happened to everyone? At a glance all I saw were you and Doc the only remaining members? heh.

Ps. MauJ = In memory of Mau-Justice :) She lived a long fulfilled dueling life until her expiration :(

And didn't you have like 2k posts like 2 years ago? lol.

5. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

BS is nice against smiters and chargers that are always on top of you as you whirl away. It DOES deliver venom at 1/4 value, which can make a difference in the long run. As Nali said, try to get it on a claw. Don't ever spend 20 points on it. 1 pt., maybe. 20, no way. Contrary to popular fiction, a really good, high defense (and walking) smiter/charger can hit you while you are whirling away and not themselves get hit. It's very hard, but I have seen it done and had it done to me many times now.

6. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Welcome back. :)

Lunatic still pops up once in awhile, but most of the guys from back then have left. :/ There was a forum wipe roughly two years ago, and everyone had to re-register(so no more post counts).

7. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

Now all I need is a few more to pop back in and then we can throw a party. And you missed it, they made me a mod, quite scary, thanks for the pm and the guide read.

And as for the question that this thread was created for, ill leave that to someone who knows more about this build than I...