Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvp Bearsorc ?s

Discussion in 'PvP' started by jesterlolz, Oct 17, 2006.

1. jesterlolz

jesterlolz IncGamers Member

Pvp Bearsorc ?s

I was wondering a few things about using a bearsorc (dual dream + chantress), which I am going to make soon. Most bearsorc builds I've seen have been pvm, but I want to make a pvp one for the fun of it :smiley: .

Should I use knockback gloves, mages, or something else?

Should my armor be enigma, chains of honor, a sup ap with 4 bers in it, or something else?

Should my rings + ammy be highlords + bks, angelics, or something else?

Should my belt be dungos or arach?

Would it be better to have 6 shaels in my pb, or 5 with an all res/facet jewel?

Should I use light skillers with frw, vita, or some other mod?
    Or should I not have any light skillers, and instead use either pd scs, or 3/20/20 scs or some other combo like that.

Help would be much appreciated!

2. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

Helm: Dream
    Shield: Dream Towershield or trollnest
    Weapon: pb with 5 shael, and eth rune in it (works as -12.5% def in pvp)
    Armor: Guardian angel (socketed ber or cham)
    Gloves: Either frostburns if you use energyshield or bloodfists if you don't
    Belt: Verdungo's with 15% dr, or a 24 fhr, huge life, huge str good res rare
    Boots: Sandstorm treks
    Amulet: Angelics
    Ring1: Angelics
    Ring2: Ravenfrost (or another angelics if you put cham in ga)

Why guardian angel?
    you use the 30%increased chance of blocking to get 75% block with dream shield. Change a few life/skillers for 15all res/life gc's to reach 90 res all. It still takes around 190 dex but it's worth it, especially since a point in vita only gives 2 life.

Make sure to reach 86% fhr breakpoint.

Put as many points as possible in vitality, prebuff your bo and bear.
    For sc's use life/resi ones.

You don't need mana for anything. If you could max telekineses and with your high lvl warmth energyshield is an extra buffer. Only use frostburns when you use it.

If you feel your ar is still too low then change verdungo+treks with hsarus belt and boots you keep in stash.

Remember that your run/walk speed is very low. You might want to keep a harmony bow in your stash and some frw sc's + cats eye if you want to catch some casters. Also maybe aldur boots. You bo and use beast then switch beast for harmony. You use cat's eye + dual ravens then. That
    will give enough ar/frw for casters.

P.S. Best weapon but very very expensive would be 5*15ias/15 res jewels + shael phaseblade. This will let you reach the 90 all res easily.

3. jesterlolz

Hey thanks a lot for the info, it's very helpful. One more thing, as I prebuff with the cta + beast, should I use a lidless or splendor type thing, or should I use a spirit monarch. Also, if I'm using a spirit monarch, wouldn't it be more helpful to use a hyperion dream, or would it be better to use the stat points for vitality instead of the strength. Also, thank you SOOO much for your help :grin: .

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Ever think of using Beast itself as a main weapon?

Also surely Grief PB will easily beat a shael'ed pb to the ground?

I advise Enigma > GA. If you so strongly want max block, lose the Dream shield and wear a SS. With a Grief + high chant, you have very nice fire/physical damage. Don't focus so much on Dreams and pump up your ES/TK.

5. jesterlolz

I don't think that using a beast would help as much as the CRAZY ias of shaels or 15 ias jewels would help a lot more. Melee sorcs have a really small amount of physical damage. The dream is almost 1/2 my damage so I would definately not replace it with anything, ever. Also, gangel gives faster block rate, it has decent def, and I could have 90 res, which is very nice. All enigma gives that is better is teleport and some frw and some strength. Since I won't need much strength over 103 (assuming I don't use spirit monarch, I would not need much strength, and it would save many dex skill points.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

You have stated this bearsorc is for pvp, so I give advice for a pvp setup.

ES is uber recommended, and res is not as effective as it is for nonES.

Def on GA don't matter at all, unless you are concentrating on def for all of your gears.

Teleport can be extremely useful at times. Just untransform, tele, and transform back.

Have you ever played a bear/wolf? High FRW is a must, especially vs. casters.

You will atleast get 60+ str from Enigma. That is not "some" str.

Dream 1/2 your damage? Note that Lightning is very easily/often negated in pub. Do not rely on this damage at all, as most good duelers will have +75 w/o anya in hell. Using a Grief PB may not let you hit as fast, but its speed is certainly up there with a lot of physical damage.

I'd say lose the Dream and wear a SS. Reason being FHR can be easily gained from charms, easier max block, 156 str req is not too hard with torch/anni/enigma/etc. and tons of DR.

To increase your physical damage, using either Highlord or Gores should be good for DS. I like using both, but if you really need the AR go with angelics then. I am not sure about this, but since -%ITD gets 1/2 penalty in PvP, the 100%ITD mod from Grief turns into -50%? Someone verify please?

7. jesterlolz

I know that ES is recommended, but with all the vita added from my dreams, and the 50% increase while being a bear, I think that it would help me more to max chilling armor + warmpth (warmpth being my last one to max) than using energy shield.

I will admit that enigma's teleport can be helpful (I've dueled fury druids and watched kiba's videos :grin: ) However, if dueling a caster, having 90 res would have me take 1/10 the regular damage (instead of 1/4) and having a harmony on switch could help me with catching up to ppl. If I wanted strength I could also use a dragon (which my auras would help with a lot)

As a sidenote, I have had a pure fury druid before.

I've got an extra pb grief, highlords, and gores on my mule, so I will keep in in my stash in case somebody stacks res and I want to 1v1 them.

Also ignore target defense does nothing in pvp, which is why gimmershred told me to put an eth rune in the last slot of a pb grief (as opposed to a jah rune)

8. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

bear sorcs are all about ele damage and hitting fast
    even if you use grief you have basically no str or any ed% to modify it to any great heights so concentrating on hitting more
    beast ba = at best 9frame, beast caddy 8, grief pb 7
    custom phase can get 5 frame with massive ar/res bonus
    only way you could untransform to tele is by using beast = pointless, grief = no tele. if you were going to tele you may as well use zeal from passion instead.
    itd doesn't work in pvp thats basic.

9. GodOfDiablo

GodOfDiablo IncGamers Member

use knockback gloves

10. jesterlolz

As I think about knockback gloves, the more useless they seem. My build will be hitting an ias 4-5 fps (hopefully 4, but I would have to sacrafice the eth rune with a 15 ias, and some other mod jewel. Because of this I am sort of like a zealer. I would not like to knock people back because then I would have to run up, attack, run up, attack, and continue doing this, which would hurt me more than help me (IMO).

11. RedWingz

RedWingz Banned

dude dont make a pvp bear sorc youll be a joke

12. jesterlolz

I like making random builds like a pvp bearsorc. Everybody does cookie cutter builds (smiter, regular light sorc, ele druid). I like making wierd builds like a nova sorc or a bearsorc. Its more of a challenge:wink3:

13. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

Did you take a look at a pvp zealsorc? it's in my opinion the better choice if you want a pvp meleesorc. Bears are just very hard to duel with. I tried almost every charclass in bearform. And only the paladin and in a lesser effect the amazon seems to be able to be pretty good with it. Even with my palabear , with a fully fledged vigor and around 100% frw it's pretty damn hard to catch casters. And you will want some absorb gear on that bear for wich you just don't have room on your bearsorc.

You could keep the beast in your stash and take it out when you are going to duel other shapers/zealots and maybe some ww chars etc.

In duelgames i almost only meet:
    Smiters, hammerdins, foh, sorc, ww barbs, bowazons, cs zons, trapassa's, wwsins, windies.

Of those mentioned around 80% will put your bear in some sort of stunlock.
    Of those mentioned you will probably not reach 50% to even make an attempt to hit them.
    and unless you can tank a lot before you can get a hit in it's pretty useless. And as we all now a sorc is not the best tanking char in the game. Alright a good 95% es sorc can tank pretty well but that means putting everything in mana and that means the bear is obsolete since there is no life that gets multiplied.

As a zealsorc you however get an uninteruptable attack, but moreover a decent chance to catch other sorc, tele on top of bowazons, evade hammerfields, beat windies etc. You also don't need a namelock as a zealsorc you just tele in range then press shift+attack and it will autoaim for you.
    You also could use a widowmaker to get for example trapassa's out of their trapfields, although the damage with widowmaker is rather dissapointing.