PvP Barbarian PvM viable with selected gear

jodoog

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Barbarian PvM viable with selected gear

Hey,

Im looking to make a PvP and PvM viable barbarian. I have read through some of the great guides on the forum, but quite a few seem outdated and some require excessive switching of gear.

Ideally I would like to avoid any major switches (bar changing some charms/amulet etc.) while still providing a good challenge to the majority of classes (after some pratice ofc!) and able to survive in PvM.

The following are the core of my items:

Breath of the dying colossus blade
Stormshield
Goreriders
Ethereal zoded upgraded 600
Defense arreat face
15%dr verdungo belt
Steelrend gloves
20dex raven
Bul kathos ring
Cats eye amulet
Enigma Archon Plate
3x war cry red color javas
10x 20 life
10x Mixed resistances 2x 11% light, 2x 11%cold,3x 11% psn, 3x 11%fire
3x +max dmg
Barbarian hellfire torch
Anni
Rising Sun Amulet (BM?)

Where would you recommend putting skill points? It seems I may need to make a couple of changes to the recommended skills from the WW guides.

Thanks a lot,
Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! :fortuneteller:

Joe :smiley:

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: PvP Barbarian PvM viable with selected gear

I don't know about PvP, but don't expect to be a fast killer in PvM with BoTD and stormshield. First, you'll lack AR horribly (angelic amu+angelic ring is pretty much a good choice). Second, BoTD is not the best weapon around. Third, Sword+Shield combo is simply slow by default. You'll survive without much problem, but your killing speed will be low. If PvP is the priority, that may not mean much to you, though.

jodoog

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks,

For PvM killing speed doesnt mean that much for me as you said, but only if this can be made up in survivability.

PvP will be my main priority, in which case would you still recommend changing my weapon?

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

well I suck at PvP so I won't give any advices there,

for PvM try going for grief, much higher average damage + deadly strike to further enhance it ;)

Since you went for swords, I'd say skip the shield in PvM and use double grief or grief + botd since you already have one.

jodoog

Diabloii.Net Member

Will go Grief + BOTD, thanks :)

I guess skills would go as:

Combat Skills Tree:
Whirlwind: 20
Leap: (14 or 20?)
Berserk: 1-3
Concentrate: 1
Stun: 1
Leap Attack: 1
Bash: 1

Combat Masteries Tree:
Weapon Mastery (Sword): 20
Natural Resist: 1-6
Increased Speed: 3-6
Increased Stamina: 1
Iron Skin: 1

Warcries Tree:
Battle Orders: 20
Shout: Everything else.
Battle Command: 1
Howl: 1

BierWiser

Diabloii.Net Member

Base your character off of PVP, you'll be able to kill monsters easily nonetheless. It won't work too well the other way around. Use two weapons. I had a WW PVP barbarian and I was able to do PVM very well, I just didn't have much magic find.