Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Balance

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by XBlack_SoulX, Apr 4, 2004.

?

Shaman's demeanor:

1. Withchdoctor!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spiritual Advisor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Offensive Healer?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Primative Paladin.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

PvP Balance

High level hammerdins... (PRO) they do massive amounts of unresistable damage, (CON) but the spell Blessed Hammers is hard to aim, and is supposed to be mainly a defensive type spell. Oh wait a second, here comes MR. ENIGMA TO SCREW THIS UP. Now the hammerdin doesn't need to aim the hammers, he can just teleport on your head and kill you with 1 or 2 hammers.

My point is the spell teleport is a lot more effective than most think...(I think) Take another example; bone spirit it does huge amounts of unresistable damage, but it's slow moving and easy to dodge. See each spell is supposed to have a weakness and a strength, that's what makes the game interesting. Teleport charges screw this all up though. A Necromancer could just throw on a teleport ammy, enigma or that crappy unique 2 handed axe steelspell (I think it's called.) and teleport on you, around you and every which way and spam bone spirit. There's 2 things Blizzard could do to fix this problem. One, they could take out Teleport charges all together, or two they could put a casting delay on teleport. For example: A level 1 teleport can only be casted every 2 seconds, and a level 20 teleport could be casted every .5 seconds or so... (just pulling numbers out of my head) so what do you guys think?

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Blizzard balances the game for PvM not PvP. That's how it has always been. Deal with it.

3. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

PvP, PvM in either case teleport charges unbalance the game. There's a reason why the Sorcress has teleport, and the other classes don't. I am also aware on how Blizzard balances Diablo II.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Yeah Enigma is pretty much broken, but that's mostly because it is so common after major rune dupage.

5. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

Yeah, I play on hardcore ladder, and about 85% of the high level hammerdins have Enigma, plus they're PKers, and.... duelers? I wouldn't even call them duelers that's how over-powered I think a teleporting hammerdin is.

6. -Infinite-

-Infinite- Banned

If you actually know how to handle them, then pure hammerdins arnt excatly that fearsome (believe me, ive dueled scores of them. and purebreed hammerdins arnt the best). if enigma is pissing you off so much, just trade for one, and tele away from him. its part of the game now, and no matter how much people whine and moan about Enigma, blizzards not gonna do a thing about it, so deal with it.

7. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

The point of this thread isn't to change the minds of Blizzard. I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions about this matter. BTW, there isn't really a way to "handle them" unless you have a equally cheap teleporting bone necromancer. :lol:

See... I don't know if you play softcore, or hardcore but the difference is no matter how good you are at dueling you are eventually going to get hit by 1 or 2 hammers, and guess what? that's all they need. They teleport below your character so when they cast a hammer it instantly hits your character.

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i have a enigma hammerdin and i find if someone keeps moving it becomes difficult to connect with a hammer especially considering the realtively slow speed a hammer moves at. My advice vs a tele-hammer is to KEEP MOVING, but obviously dont run into a hammerfield. they will always have a split second of delay between their teleport and when they can churn out the big dmg hammers due to the fact that teleport can only mapped to the right button. therefor he will have to switch to their aura. before they get conc on the hammers will be doing 2k-3k dmg instead of 10k or so.

If you are playing a sorc yourself i say fight fire with fire. teleport around alot as well, he will run out of mana before you do. If he looks like hes going to come in for a strike then teleport as far as you can away!

9. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

lol... what kind of dueling tactics are these? "wait for him to run out of mana" again I play hardcore usually when people run out of mana they go to town right away. You are also missing my point if you didn't have teleport would you still be effective in dueling? the answer is yes. Blessed hammers is a defensive type spell, if you didn't have teleport you could turn on vigor switch to a high damage weapon charge the person you're dueling then switch to your casting gear and hammer them. Now doesn't that sound a little more reasonable then teleporting on someones head and killing them with 1 hammer?

The fact is a character that has no teleport has a HUGE disadvantage over the other character that has teleport. The only exception to this rule is Sorceresses because they generally have less life than the other classes. So if you hit them they're dead. A paladin is more of a tank than a caster, so when you grant them teleport it gets kind of silly.

10. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

if u cant kill a hammerdin ur just a flat out idiot. its not that hard. after making a hammerdin i thought i'd be GODLY and untouchable. hah! found out the hard way. plain and simple just stay southeast of a hammerdin. and ur safe. u could smite a hammerdin like that easy. i dont see how they are so hard to kill. stop crying about enimga. you can use it too. if u dont want it. do that honor dueling where enimga is banned.
    - joe

11. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

Did you just say.... smite a hammerdin? I think you just got yourself mixed up with me, you're the idiot. BTW do you know why Enigma is banned from honor dueling :scratch:

BTW i'm talking about ENIGMA wearing hammerdins, not regular hammerdins.

12. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i'm hurt. you called me an idiot. *cries* YOU CAN smite a hammerdin. i've done it before. end.

ps i would prove it but my smiter is retired. unless u give me some stuff to borrow? :D

13. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

Of course you can smite a hammerdin. (after you drop hack him)

14. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

:idea: having a timer on the skill teleport would be awesome. imo it would balance duelling alot more. they could make it so that teleports casting delay diminishes with each additional point.

peace. :buddies:

15. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

yes!!! exactly, i'm so happy someone agrees. :clap:

16. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Stop whining. Just because you can't afford something, doesn't mean nobody can have it. If you practice dueling, you can take down a teleporting hammerdin easily with any kind of character.

If you simply can't live with other people tele'ing all around you and pking you, then just join a clan that doesn't allow enigma duels or quit playing HC.

In 1.09, I've always dreamed of being able to teleport with my characters without the use of a teleport ammy, and now, with Enigma, that dream has come true. So no, leave enigma alone, don't take away the teleport, because not everyone falls easily to a teleporting hammerdin, like you.

17. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

1) I can afford enimga, but I think it's cheap.

2) You can't take down a teleporting hammerdin with any class.

3) You are just a newb that needs over-powered items in order to have fun.

18. toader

toader Banned

I dont seem to have any problems with them.

My main dueler is a psn nova necro....

One nova = 1 HP
    Two nova = death

Just stay south of the hammerdin...its not hard.

(I think you need to (since you can afford it) make a hammerdin with an enigma, and see if you really own as much as you think....I guarentee you wont. I thought the same thing once.)

19. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

So you're telling me someone hasn't stocked up on antidote potions before fighting you? ....seriously poison nova? the paladin will most likely have maxed resists, and if he has a merc with a good weapon he can teleport on you and you would get owned by the merc alone.

I'm saying teleport in it's current form has no business being used with any other class besides the sorceress because it unbalances the PvM, and PvP aspects of the game.

20. toader

toader Banned

lol...

You dont duel much do you?

You need to see a psn necro. If your on USEast, leave me your accnt name or give me a shout, and Ill show you. You can use all the antidote potions you want...that wont stop me, or slow down my poison. (note: antidotes dont work the same in pvp as in pvm). Mercs are a joke to me, they die the second my nova touches them. But seriously, if your on east, give me a shout, Ill show you a psn necro. Bring all the resists and anitdotes youd like.

*LDToad-bm

We can do some testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.