Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP amazon - some insight needed

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by drWho, Oct 5, 2006.

1. drWho

drWho Banned

PVP amazon - some insight needed

Hi I just build an PVP Amazon. She's fun to play with, but I couldn't beat charge/smite pally no matter how hard I try. I could beat almost any sorc, I'm ok with wind druid, hammerdin, even WW barb. but I can't beat the damn pally!!! argg.

I'm thinking adding some skill point to java and use storm shield then go 1v1 with the pally. I have read somewhat, but still confuse what java skill should I add to? jab? one of the power/charge/light/ strike?

I have pretty much THE amazon gear:

120/45 30FRW helm
    15/2/3 GMB faith
    cat eye
    dusk fortitude
    2 passive/20 ias/ resist glove.. no kb.. i know
    I use 40 frw set assasin boot, forgot its name.

For charms:
    9x 3/ar/life sc
    9x 3/ar/3frw sc
    20x 100pdsc/3frw sc
    torch/anni

Thanks for the insight fellow zons.. I really need to learn to beat the pallys.

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

in high level dueling some builds have no chance vs others...in low-mid duels some ppl use jab with a maxer shield but idk how effective that type of method would work in hld.

3. drWho

drWho Banned

Hmm guess I have to find out myself. No one here know a method to atleast stand a chance against smiter?

I mean D/A/E + max block + eth titan + max damage reduce + 1k life = dead smiter or atleast make him think twice next time?

4. Wight

Wight IncGamers Member

I am in the same situation you are in and pallys down right piss me off, it doesnt even seem fair at times and for me pallys really ruin duel games, i have a SS and some titans and might test out some java skills to see if it gives me a chance

5. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

Well I play a pure javazon and i still have trouble with some smiters and chargers, so i doubt you will be able to increase your chance by much.

6. oneBlast

oneBlast IncGamers Member

First of all, add KB gloves to your setup.
    Your gloves are nice, but KB helps a lot on a bower.
    You can add one point to Lightning bolt - from what I read, it's a great skill for an amazon with titan/stormshield on switch.
    It converts your physical damag to lightning damage, adding elemental attack to your arsenal.
    Most good PVP bowers advice to use LB.

Even then, you don't stand much of a chance vs highlife/high dr/ max block/ unblockable attack paladin, sorry.
    Depending on your luck (D/A/E) with 1-2k life - you will take anywhere from 2 to 4 hits from a pure smiter - then you're dead.