PVP 49 Baba

theredpredator

Diabloii.Net Member
PVP 49 Baba

Never made one, but it sounds like fun. This si what im planning.

Arreats socketed with 9dex 9 str jool
Rand amu? Maybe even woth going for lvl 50 to get Cats eye. DEXT+FRW gogo. Or else ill go for angelics combo with 1 raven.
Eth Oath in a colossus sword. Range+Damage=yay
Sanctuary in a i dont know yet shield
Duress or 4s life armor with max dmg jewels
String of ears belt
Gores
Some rare belt with str or dext bonus
switch with Bo sticks

Inventory
Crammed with FRW and max dmg charms.

Summary
High FRW
High Reach
High Dmg
max block
Max res
High life
sweet.

Pro's Con's?Tips wips?

Hartside

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: PVP 49 Baba

The only lvl 49 barb I've seen used 2 oath highland blades iirc . He was killing high lvl castors with a tele amu on but wouldn't say his gear , he switched to shield vs blizz sorcs think it was troll nest (sanctuary )

struikje

Diabloii.Net Member

Either chose highland blade or small crescent, your colossus sword doesn't have the right lvl req. Highland blade has higher req's, 42 average dmg and range 2. Small crescent has lower requirements, 49 average dmg but only range 1.

You should have 2 oaths to dual wield, and either whitstans guard or sanctuary for bvb/ catching zons. Duress is the better armor of the 2

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

You're off to a solid start, so I guess I'll just go down the list of gear with any pointers I might have.

A stat/ed jewel is always a solid choice for the Arreat's since you'll have relatively little skill based ed (you'll probably have a hard point or few in whirlwind itself - max mastery, bo, and get natural resists and increased speed to comfortable levels before dumping remaining points into ww). If you can swing them, highland blade Oaths will definitely be worth it for the range. A hyperion is a solid base for Sanctuary (troll nest is above level 49, most people will argue that's no longer mld). Duress is awefully nice for the ow and cold res, but don't forget a Shaftstop for melee opponents. If you've got more disposable dii income than you know what to do with, a jeweler's dusk of the whale with some max/res jewels could be neat (for stacking against blizzers and fohers). The belt slot is where you can easily swap; String for melee, ow/life/res for casters, Thundergod's so trappers don't eat you alive, M'av's for some fr/w, I don't know that I'd build in stats off any one. Gores are pretty hard to beat. If you have some crazy stat/res/ias perhaps gloves go with those, otherwise the stats on IK's are hard to beat.

Hopefully that's not too much crammed into one paragraph and is of some help. Best of luck with the barb!

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member

You're off to a solid start, so I guess I'll just go down the list of gear with any pointers I might have.

A stat/ed jewel is always a solid choice for the Arreat's since you'll have relatively little skill based ed (you'll probably have a hard point or few in whirlwind itself - max mastery, bo, and get natural resists and increased speed to comfortable levels before dumping remaining points into ww). If you can swing them, highland blade Oaths will definitely be worth it for the range. A hyperion is a solid base for Sanctuary (troll nest is above level 49, most people will argue that's no longer mld). Duress is awefully nice for the ow and cold res, but don't forget a Shaftstop for melee opponents. If you've got more disposable dii income than you know what to do with, a jeweler's dusk of the whale with some max/res jewels could be neat (for stacking against blizzers and fohers). The belt slot is where you can easily swap; String for melee, ow/life/res for casters, Thundergod's so trappers don't eat you alive, M'av's for some fr/w, I don't know that I'd build in stats off any one. Gores are pretty hard to beat. If you have some crazy stat/res/ias perhaps gloves go with those, otherwise the stats on IK's are hard to beat.

Hopefully that's not too much crammed into one paragraph and is of some help. Best of luck with the barb!
my charger had a snowclash in his stash too. there's tons of switch/sorb gear available at 49.