Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP 200FCR FB'r

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by nickalisk, Mar 21, 2005.

1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

PvP 200FCR FB'r

so which is better? i recently read Ragnarok's thread on this kinda of sorc, suggesting this gear setup.

Wizard Spike
    Lidless
    20% fcr ammy
    2x 10% fcr rings
    Arachnid mesh belt
    20% FCR Circlet
    Skin of Vipermagi
    MageFists
    Anyboots

but i also saw this build:

Hoto/Temper
    Spirit Monarch 30 FCR+
    20% fcr ammy
    2x 10% fcr rings
    Arachnid mesh belt
    20% FCR Circlet
    Skin of Vipermagi
    MageFists
    Anyboots

which is better? it seems rag's would give u more life/mana
    the second giving a slight boost in dmg, and what boots r the best for the first build and 2nd build?

2. nerdsy

nerdsy IncGamers Member

well fcr is capped at 125 so i dont see why you would sacrifise dmg for fcr that does nothing so i would choose the first one

3. Neuroff

Neuroff IncGamers Member

Don't post when you don't know the facts. The first one doesn't even have more damage, it has less.

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Well you could always use the "certain unique helm that gives 30% fcr" and the "certain unique glove that gives 50% fcr".

Those who know will know what I'm talking about... don't wanna get banned just for mentioning them...

Obviously the second set of items will be "better" in many ways than the first set, but it costs a bit more than the first set...

- Dennis

5. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

i play on uswest ladder, i like legit stuff if thats what ur suggesting, curious about this unmentionable tho ^^
    but if the 2nd one is better, y is Rag using the first? he seems to be able to afford better stuff....anywase i have a huge budget, almost endless, as this is my last dueler and i can sell stuff from anyother dueler to make this one perfect. so no.2 is better huh?

for the record fcr is capped at 200.

post away...esp sorc god's who know there stuff ^^

it is also my strong assuption with with ES and since wielding the kind of shield she has and her nature that 75% bloc is a NOno?

am i mistaken? is there a lower str alternative to spirit monarch? my no str hammerdin used spirit akaran rondache, is there a sorc bypass to 156 str?

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Making a block sorc with a Spirit in w/e kind of shield it is made in, is a waste of huge dex.

Not being a block sorc becomes a DOUBLE MUST if you're an ES sorc, what's the point of having so much points concentrated for preparing you for getting hit and not getting very much, you've wasted your stat points then.

Wizzy < HoTo
    Lidless < Spirit

... for most of the times...

- Dennis

7. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

so...Temper or hoto?

also is there anyother shield besides monarch to "spirit" not to waste 2 much str?

8. nerdsy

nerdsy IncGamers Member

Neroff i get where ur coming from but the real answer is both of them it is a style of play u may like to play highest possible dmg and horrible resist well i dont, so if trying to flame ppl like a lil prick u should know that, and yea i was wrong about the 125 fcr cap but anything over that is retarded u sacrifise so much dmg for it and it we have done test with fcr on pnb necros if u would like to know the outcome just pm me

9. longshot2005

longshot2005 IncGamers Member

<noobie>

only been playin for like 3 weeks now.. However, if i wanted to get to 200% FCR my equipmet of choice would be..

50% wizardspike
    20% Arachnid mesh belt
    20% MageFists (upped)
    30% spirit
    30% vipermage (upped)
    20% FCR ammy
    10% 1X FCR ring
    20% 1X FCR helm
    200% total FCR

leaves spare ring slot for ideally a Chromatic ring of the giant (resist15% and plus to strength)
    for boots Sandstorm Trek for the plus to strength..

The 10% FCR ring would be a chromatic of apprentice for more resists
    The 20% helm i'd be going for a volcanic (+3 fire skills) of the magus

The str ring and the treks potentially can increase strength by a whopping 30 points to make the spirit attainable.

Chuck some fal runes in the helm/armor/wpn and thats another 30 strength. with the wizspike, spirit, viper, rings and 3 anya's the resists should be pretty good (maxed everything if i crunched my numbers right), or are saving those sockets for facets or other runes (BER's come to mind)

</noobie>

10. Griffin

Griffin IncGamers Member

This is my favorite way to reach 200% fcr, and I think probably the best. It leaves your ring slots free for SoJs for the oh so important skills and huge mana boost.

Helm: Griffon's Eye 25% frc
    Amulet: crafted skill amulet with 20% fcr
    Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi 30% fcr
    Weapon: Wizardspike 50% fcr
    Shield: Perfect Spirit Monarch 35% fcr
    Gloves: Magefists 20% fcr
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh 20% fcr
    Rings: SoJs
    Boots: Sandstorm Treks, Hotspurs, whatever.

There you go: 200% fcr, with no need for fcr rings. The only other combination I've been trying is replacing the Wizardspike with an Eschuta's Temper and using 1 fcr ring. I'm unsure which is the best route to take as of yet.

11. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

ull be sacraficing dmg, hope you can take good care of it

12. Neuroff

Neuroff IncGamers Member

Yes, 125 is the cap on Necros, but not on SORCS, which is what we're talking about.

13. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Actually you don't sacrifice as much damage as everyone here is trying to say.
    If you go Hoto/Spirit you have +5 skills right there, the ammy/helm have the ability to spawn with another +4 (combined) and if you consider PER SECOND the difference obviously ~25k at 8frames VS ~20k at 7frames that's .4 seconds faster per cast. Damage is gonna be negligable.

Also since you cast faster, you are alot more unpredictable and if you can teleport right beside someone can easily get 3 or 4 fireballs off (wich is usually a kill).

14. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

how do u up vipermage armour and gloves? ive seen it done but have always thought it not worth the cost. now that i have the resources...can sumone provide me exact instructions on upping* these 2 items? donnt redirect me to sumthing else just directions please

15. longshot2005

longshot2005 IncGamers Member

go here

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

it tells you all about what/how to up stuff

for the vipermage is a lem rune, ko rune, perfect diamond and a horadric cube to get to elite
    for the magefists is a shael rune, tal rune, perfect diamond and a hordric cube to get to exceptional

The magefists wont want to go to elite as the str requirement might be too much. If not use the lem, ko, diamond to get to elite

16. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

so does everyone agree then that this 200 fcr fb sorc should use upp'd gear vipermagi, and magefists?

also i need a skill destribution list
    (im shooting 4 ES variant.)

17. parkerbsb

Yes upped viper/magefists... you have the str for spirit, may as well make the best use of it.

I'd check a thread made by ragnarock (somthing about his sorceress named pellican) it's pretty well put togther.

18. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

rag's thread i read, its a diffrent kind of 200 FCR tho it doest use spirit shield (is he ladder) or does that have a purpose?

also can i have a list of skills? im building a ES variant btw

19. parkerbsb

Yeah pretty sure rag was NL. Well I'd say build should go somthing like this
    20 Fireball
    20 FM
    20 meteor
    20 telekenisis
    20 Energy sheild
    rest in warmth/ pre-reqs

Now depending on your equipment you can have lower es (you want around 90% after +skills IIRC).
    I'd go with somthing like this for setup (it's pretty static really)
    Eshutas 5/5 fire'd (40FCR)
    Vipermagi 5/5 fire'd (30FCR)
    Spirit sheild (35FCR)
    Arach (20 FCR)
    Sandstorm trecks
    magefists (20FCR)
    +3 Fire skill / 20% FCR circlet (or a rare with +2 sorc skill/20fcr mana
    similar ammy
    2 rings with fcr and mana.

I've never made a esheild/fireball sorc, but I'm trying to gather this gear so I can soon.

20. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

my time here may be drawing to an end ^^ but i assume all fire charms and that 20 in ES is last? what lvl is needed to max ES? and how good is a fire sorc in the metagame? will it be able to puncture through abs? stack resis? and windies?(explained already).
    And lastly is it Hoto or Eshutas ? ive heard about both...a final conclusion please. and how does this sorc do? y isnt it a top contender in pubbies?