Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVM Zon advice

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Erlend, May 11, 2008.

1. Erlend

Erlend IncGamers Member

PVM Zon advice

What are some of the more powerfull Zon builds for strictly PVM MF and Fun playing?

I was thinking that I would go with another one of Nightfish's awesome char guides and pick the fishyzon (lightning+Frost zon).

Any other ideas? Thanks!
    ~E

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Re: PVM Zon advice

That one is very good for running the pits.

3. StarDragon

StarDragon IncGamers Member

I prefer lightning zon only IE 1 in every passive skill and the rest in Lightning's and thats it.
    One item is required though Infinity if you can get this on your merc their is not a mob ingame you cannot kill..

At the moment can kill any mob in a full game easy baal takes 15-20 seconds

Merc: infinity, Andy's, Fort,

Zon: Eth'd near perf java's,
    Shield: Phoenix (My god i love this shield I have no need for potions ever with it)
    Armor: Enigma
    Boots: war travs
    Belt: Goldwraps
    Gloves: Rare 3 java 20 IAS 25 MF (i think thats the stats)
    Rings: mf/resist/fcr ring and raven frost
    Helm:griffons with light sock
    Ammy: Mara's

With CTA and Spirit for teleporting and BO

inventory half full with 7% mfsc with resists on em I get max resists.
    My current MF is 360 I could sacrifice something like the maras and hit 400 if I really wanted to with no loss to kill speed.

Current kill speed: Meph, Andy, Eld, Pindle, Shenk, in a full game All before they get to the last wave in a Baal game, So around 2 minute~

4. Erlend

Erlend IncGamers Member

Star... How would you deal with LI Mobs? Does your merc just tear them down or?

5. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

infinity breaks most of the important immunes. So you can use your lightning skills on those breakable-immunes of you use infinity. Those few that aren't broken can be jabbed or you can wait for your merc to kill them - or you can just run past them.

6. Erlend

Erlend IncGamers Member

I am leaning more towards a full Lightning Zon now who uses Jab + Merc to tear down the LI's. However I have some questions... so bear with me please.

As for Insight, I am non ladder, so insight is a no go. While there are other good choices, I will not be able to get the meditation aura.

I currently have Titans, Thundergod, +life and mana leech rings and Tals mask worth of noteworthy gear. As such I have decent manadrain on hit, I am not noticing too much manatroubles as of yet.

My skills so far have just been simple... maxed LF and CS, nothing else. Prereqs to get pierce and then +skills take care of rest thus far. My question regarding skills is.. is it really worth maxing the synergies for LF when they only add 1% pr level? Could someone show me a spreadsheet of what LF looks like with 1, 2, 3 and all 4 cynergies maxed please?
    Also another Q regarding skills... I have read a few guides saying that Valk is pretty nifty in this build, and that I should spend more pts in passive in order to get more piercing for use with the LF attack. What are your thoughts on this?

Why I am asking all these questions is because I dont want to have to remake my zon because I messed up the build. So far I am around 76 or so, so I have a ton of pts left. I am liking how the class plays and am just wondering how to best enhance what I already have.

Thanks for dealing with my Zon nubness.
    ~E

7. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

People are divided when it comes to valk for pure lightning amazons. Some never make an amazon without p atleast 17 points in valk. Valk is the best tank in the game and it makes life easier as the monsters won't run to you.
    Others notice that they already kill that fast, that monsters simply don't have the time to run up close. Therefore, the use of a valk is gone, count in the fact that d/e/a can prevent you from attack, thus costing you time and letting them monsters get close. You see why some people don't take a valk.
    Try figuring out how well you survive. If you can survive without a valk, consider doing it. However, if you already invested in d/e/a, it is a good idea to get valk up to lvl 17 where she will start doing some damage and where she is a decent tank.

Pierce is the most important skill if you use lightning fury - it's much better then the synergies, although it doesn't add cs damage. Most people prefer razortails over T-gods unless they fear gloams or other lightning attacks.

P.S. try getting a wand with charges of lower resist. It can help just like conviction to get rid of immunes. That way you can prevent yourself from going mele which is a good idea against some mosters.

8. Erlend

Erlend IncGamers Member

Cool. I will do that.

Leveling in the large B-Net games is not a good test of how this char works out, since everything is so damn overkill with the 1000000000+ hammerdins that are out there currently.

I have, as of yet, not gotten any of the d/e/a tallents. The only skills I have picked up in that branch are the two prereqs to pierce. So you are saying max out pierce?
    I'll just have to test out what I want to do against the LI's. Even after I max out pierce, I will have roughly 30pts to spare in the "build", so I could always get some FA's or some PJ depending.
    Regardless though... this char is made to run the major MF boss targets in Hell Difficulty, Meph and Baal. Possibly do some area runs as well, but in general, a class to start gathering some nice items. Also a change of pace... kinda tired of the hammerdin/FA or Blizz sorc/summoner nec games.

Thanks for all the help guys!

~E

9. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I'm advising a one points in pierce and the use of razortials as belt. This belt gives you 33% pierce, in combination with 9 points in the pierce-skill you will have 100% pierce. Something I consider important.

P.S. poison is like fire.
    It's a brain breaker, though you'll figure it out - I hope.

10. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

valk is fine at 1 point... She's a tank and can be recast on a very short cooldown if needed (and like said, you won't really need her most of the time if you're killing fast). Less valk recasting on a grand minority of the mobs where she's actually taking significant damage is not worth 16 points imo.