PvM Zealot

Is this a good/basic Zealot setup?

20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
20 Fanat
20 Holy Shield
20 Defiance

7 Prereqs

3 Left Over (What for the left overs? Vigor?)

I dont need help with equipment, im curious about skills.

Loboleal

Diabloii.Net Member
That is the tipical configuration for a Zealot, and it's very effective.
About your 3 left over points, go for Prayer, Cleansing and Vigor.
If your equipment is not a problem, I guess you got 75% resists so, do not go for Salvation. You'll be hated by your party for not having Salvation but you can live with it. :p

Nathanjk

Diabloii.Net Member
I disagree. I would put 0 in defiance and level up holy shield to taste and put 1 point in conviction and 1 point in vengenge for PI's. Also if you can get good resists I would put some points in resist lightning to get the extra 1 max lightning resist per two levels. Lightning kills me more than anything in hell. 1 point in vigor is a must and you will love it while redemptions helps as well althought with a decent amount of leach it isn't necessary.

BadBen

Diabloii.Net Member
Nathanjk said:
I disagree. I would put 0 in defiance and level up holy shield to taste and put 1 point in conviction and 1 point in vengenge for PI's. Also if you can get good resists I would put some points in resist lightning to get the extra 1 max lightning resist per two levels. Lightning kills me more than anything in hell. 1 point in vigor is a must and you will love it while redemptions helps as well althought with a decent amount of leach it isn't necessary.
Why put 0 in defiance? Defiance is a synergy for holy shield. IMO this would a good idea to improve defense bonus from HS.

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
BadBen said:
Why put 0 in defiance? Defiance is a synergy for holy shield. IMO this would a good idea to improve defense bonus from HS.
I agree. Defiance is an excellent skill to max. With Templar's, Herald, and COT, my zealot has 20K defense. Monsters in hell have about a 25% chance to hit me, and since max Holy Shield almost guarantees 75% blocking, with good equip you'll do greatly with that setup. That defense can also be further increased with an Exile shield or Defiance merc.