pvm zealot?? (im noobish)

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
pvm zealot?? (im noobish)

hi im kinda rich and bored so i was wondering if this is a good build for items for a pvm zealot. im trying to get a pally that is mostly huge amts of dmg so i save time playing pvm

shield: phoenix akaran shield (huge dmg boost)
armor: fortitude archon plate (another huge dmg booster)
last wish phase blade (indestructable with itd)
crown of ages (sockets, dmg red. and res)
steelrend (ed and crushing blow)
belt??? (i have a nosferatu so eh what the hell use it)
sandstorm trek?? (boots? eh use it since i have it on a mule)

also a ravenfrost and a dual leech ring

i havent played this for 2 months tho so i completely forgot the stat adding
im not going for block since i am pvm. also, itd means that i really dont need dexterity so i was wondering if its good if i just go pure str and vit??

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
two major things:

1. fortitude armor does not give you a damage boost. If you take a look at the arreat summit, it says:

Body Armor
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

The weapon gives you the damage boost.

2. Last wish imo is a waste of runes. I would much rather go for botd. But if you are insanely rich, I would not waste it in a phase blade. A phase blade has too low of a base damage. Try a berserker axe instead.

One last thing, this build lacks resists. The phoenix shield kills you since it has not resists at all. I would suggest hoz instead. And then, um your crown of ages. Of course this sacrifices a lot of dmg but whats the point of doing insane dmg if you can't stay alive in hell?

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
umm

those are extra bonuses for armor. i even checked it and its right i have a pic.

[edited wups sry]

also, i can probably put in a little effort and find a shield that gives +44 resist all.

if not i have charms to solve that problem

im going for last wish because its better than fury and i like the itd mod because it saves me a lot of effort from pumping into dex. I chose phase blade mainly because even though it has low damage, its indestructable.

because of the low damage base, i thought it would be better to add fortitude (~300% ed) along with the shield which can give 350%-400% ed.

i dont like botd mainly because it doesnt have itd and because its a bit overused.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
ok my bad, i have not played online since the release of the new ladder runewords.

Also delete that link as it's against the rules here.

Ce Olba

Banned
hmm. If u can afford Last Wish, and if this is a Fanatiscm Zealot, u will prolly get hyper gigantic dmg. hmm. 10 pc sks and 10x all res 5 scs+a about +40 resists all pala shield Phoenix and a um um coa and about 20 resi from forti should give you a lot of resi, hmm, only the all res charms+forti+pala resist phoenix can get u 110 all res, meanin that u will have about 20 all res in hell, but after um um coz i think u will have higher, but i can't remember the base all res in coa, hmm, at least 50 all res in hell, imo that's good enough. But as for belt i suggest a 15 dr dungo, coz you seem to have low dr imo. But i think that this build can have very gigantic dmg. When you get all of your gear in use and maxed all skills can u plz send me a pic to [email protected] ? (since i've never had anything so kickass dmg as what you're gonna have)

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
botd ba its much cheaper and as good as last wish or even better, I have a zealot with botd ba, forti, phoenix and coa with 80 ed and he does about 9k dmg, but if you want higher dmg go for dual dreams and max light res +other zealot skills and u will have 11+k dmg (I did)

:cheesy:
*priit

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, since it's PvM, I'd recommend an Eth Zodded Stormlash as the Weapon, Guillaume's Face as the Helm, Gore Riders for Boots, and Draculs for gloves. The Jewelry could be Highlord's Wrath, Ravenfrost and a Dual Leech ring. The armor and shield seem uber enough for me. Nearly forgot to mention - CB and Static pwns in PvM. By the time a monster approaches you, he'll only have 50% life left.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
I think your build for this pvm zealot is cool. LW has good mods, and with fana then might from LW, you'll have awesome damage+ ITD. I will test these things for you (shhh not legal thing...Sry for mentioning this!!) on single player and get back to you in half hour. Life steal is pretty good pvm.

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
*edit*

umm thought u couldnt test ladder runewords in single

anyways if u get it to work tell me how it goes and also try the other runewords if it isnt a hassle

thanks

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX said:
hi im kinda rich and bored so i was wondering if this is a good build for items for a pvm zealot. im trying to get a pally that is mostly huge amts of dmg so i save time playing pvm

shield: phoenix akaran shield (huge dmg boost)
armor: fortitude archon plate (another huge dmg booster)
last wish phase blade (indestructable with itd)
crown of ages (sockets, dmg red. and res)
steelrend (ed and crushing blow)
belt??? (i have a nosferatu so eh what the hell use it)
sandstorm trek?? (boots? eh use it since i have it on a mule)

also a ravenfrost and a dual leech ring

i havent played this for 2 months tho so i completely forgot the stat adding
im not going for block since i am pvm. also, itd means that i really dont need dexterity so i was wondering if its good if i just go pure str and vit??
Rich? Alright

Weapon: Eth Zod Stormlash, NO weapon can beat this on a pvm zealot
Shield: Perfect upgraded HoZ
Gloves: Perf Dracs
Boots: Perf War Travs, Goreriders are a pathetic boot on anything but kicksins
Belt: Verdungo
Amulet: Highlord's
Armor: Levathian/CoH/fort
Helm: Tal's/CoA/Rockstopper (LOL at me if you wish, this helm is incredibly godly)
Ring 1: Ravenfrost
Ring 2: *Insert insane godly duped rare here*

No block on a pvm zealot? Have fun dying in seconds, i don't care if your leech is 9287543192871% and damage is 21398731941874 monsters will send you into recovery animation and you will be slaughtered. 75% block (including max holy shield) is a must for any pvm paladin.

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow. Last Wish Phase. Assuming a perfect roll, on a perfect Sup Phase Blade, you would get some lame numbers to boot. 166-171. OMG HAXX! That's also only a range 2 weapon. Now let's see the worst possible EBotDZ. 162-477. With a range of 3, and huge stats bonuses. And that lvl 17 might on Last Wish, only equals an average Might Merc. Still, I'll run through all of the damage calcs, just to prove how much better EBotDZ would be.
--------------------------------------------------------
Total ED with LW Phase: 400(Phoenix) +300(Fortitude) +200(lvl17 Might) +200(Around the assumed STR with the Setup you posted) +373(lvl20 Fanat) +336(lvl20 Zeal with maxed Sacrifice) +60(Steelrends)=1869
Damage with LW Phase:
Min 166*19.69=3268
Max 171*19.69=3366
So it's 3268-3366 (3317 average).
---------------------------------------------------------
Total ED with EBotDZ:1699 (+30 strength)
Damage with EbotDZ:
Min 162*17.99=2914
Max 477*17.99=8581
So it's 2914-8581 (4747.5 average).
----------------------------------------------------------
It's better just to hire a Might Merc, and give him a Pride Runeword, and use EbotDZ, than to waste all those runes on LW.

If you request, I can make calcs if you used 39 SCs with +3 to max damage.

But still, in PvM an Eth Zodded Stormlash is far better than LW, and even better than EBotDZ.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Perfect Eth Zodded Stormlash calcs (note that Stormlash is range 3):
Total ED with Lash-1639.
Damage with Lash:
Min 4*17.39=70 (not very high, right? :D )
Max 480*17.39=8347 (now that's better)
So it's 70-8347 (4208.5 average).
With the 1-473 Lightning Damage (which really helps to kill immunes, as does Static Field) counted in, it reaches 71-8820 (4445.5 average).
------------------------------------------------------------
@Omikron8:

15DS=In effect this adds almost 15% of your displayed damage in the character screen.

15CB=CB kills, rocks, owns, and does other such things in PvM.
A CB hit on full life Ladder Baal (without Baal being cursed with Amp or Decrep, if he is, double the number :) ) adds 30856 damage to your hit, so more CB equals a lot more damage. With Baal being on half of his life, it adds 15428 damage to your hit (twice if Amped or Decreped), with Baal with Quarter of his life left it adds 7714 Damage (also to times more if Amped or Decreped), and if he has got only a tenth of his life left it still adds 3085 (yet again double the number if he is Amped or Decreped) damage to your hit. So more CB is always better.

EDIT2:Responded to Omicron8s post.
EDIT4:Added average damage, and Stormlash, and more formatting.

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
yea.. i figured ebotd would deal greater damage but i was trying to save stat points by reducing the amount of dex. i need

itd is still nice tho ... :p

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
This Zealer actully would be pretty cool. With Highlords, nos, 15 res 15 ias jewels in your CoA, you would have have 60% ias. Then Fana and berserker LW you hit 4fps I think. your rich try it out!

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Perfect LW Zerker (15% Sup, 375ED roll on LW) damage calcs, with the same setup:
Base damage: 117-347.
Total ED with it: 1869
Damage:
Min 117*19.69=2303
Max 347*19.69=6832
So it comes out as 2303-6832 (4567.5 average).
OK. Damage is slightly higher than Stormlashs, but it is slow, has got no CB, Static Field, and the aura can be gotten from a Might Merc.

-pwnt

HeavAngel

Paladin Moderator
XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX,
Welcome to the forum.

I just can't resist saying you can't be a noob as you put it and be that rich :)

XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX

Diabloii.Net Member
HeavÃ…ngel said:
XxXJuzAnotherAznXxX,
Welcome to the forum.

I just can't resist saying you can't be a noob as you put it and be that rich :)
or maybe friends from school quit this game :D

and i traded french fries for this stuff

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
Perfect LW Zerker (15% Sup, 375ED roll on LW) damage calcs, with the same setup:
Base damage: 117-347.
Total ED with it: 1869
Damage:
Min 117*19.69=2303
Max 347*19.69=6832
So it comes out as 2303-6832 (4567.5 average).
OK. Damage is slightly higher than Stormlashs, but it is slow, has got no CB, Static Field, and the aura can be gotten from a Might Merc.

-pwnt
LW has 60-70% CB, highest CB u can find on an item alone.
LW has lifetap on striking making u virtually immortal.
LW also has Fade on being struck (which means u will always have it on) giving u extra resists + DR.
Dont knock it till u have tried it. IMO its the ideal pvm zealot weapon. It even has some MF to boot :).

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
lCE said:
LW has 60-70% CB, highest CB u can find on an item alone.
LW has lifetap on striking making u virtually immortal.
LW also has Fade on being struck (which means u will always have it on) giving u extra resists + DR.
Dont knock it till u have tried it. IMO its the ideal pvm zealot weapon. It even has some MF to boot :).
Who would waste so many High Runes on such a useless item for PvM? It doesn't have speed, it has got only OKayish damage, the CB can be gotten elsewhere and what fast-hitting PvM build doesn't benefit from Dracul's Grasp? The fade can be gotten from a Spirit Ward on switch.