Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM WW Fury Recap -plz read

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Burnt_toasty, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

PvM WW Fury Recap -plz read

Hi Im at work and about to got home but figured I'd squeeze this last post in.

This is a recap on what IMO is the most affordable way to uberlize your FURY WW for PvM and catch the unwary in PvP.

Its in the guide but it isn't stressed enough and people keep posting the same questions so here i goes.

Best WW weapon for the cost
    ---------------------------
    IK MAUL
    IK MAUL
    IK MAUL
    IK MAUL
    IK MAUL

As you can see IK maul seems to win hands down.

BEST WW Setup for cheap.
    ----------------------------
    5 piece IK SET.

People simply do not pay enough attention to the fact that the 5 piece set for 1.10 is jsut way godly. Plz take a look. http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets5.shtml#immortalking

But seriously, in a 4-piece setup.
    The IK maul can compare to most of the uber items out there. Because of what im writing below and the fact taht you can achieve 1.2k elemental wihotut a fuss. Every piece also gives greaat bonuses that any meleer wants.

Alone, it is one of the best elites. Dont use hellslayer, dont use windhammer, dont use your cruel whatever unless its really godly. Alot of people only "see" the dmg and totally ignore the fact that IK maul will in most cases be 400% ED with a 200% invisible to the naked eye. Thats equiavalent to a BOTD. In additonal it has crushing blow and can hit 5 fpa easily. In alot cases an IK maul doesnt even get picked up becuase it drops so often.

Anyway, tired going home, gl.

2. SorsScriba

SorsScriba IncGamers Member

For cheap I enjoy my upgraded ribcracker (260% ed 350-499 dam). I have yet to even see an IK piece fall. Though I do see what you are saying

3. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I've played years in single player, and i've only found 3 Ribcrackers. I have, however, one mule full of IK mauls... :D

4. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

IK does a lot of damage, and I currently love mine. But you can't really say it's a "400% ED with 200% of it invisible." Base damage scales up with all your percentage damage increasing skills. Elemental damage does not scale up with base damage. It remains constant.

But yes, I do agree that the IK set is quite nice. My werebear is loving his 4 piece set so far (don't have the armor... am currently using Duriel's Shell, but once I find a ravenfrost I'll look more for the armor).

5. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Hehe. Ig uess you misunderstand the 400% part. IK maul comes with 200% enhanced dmg. It also does 200%ED more against UNDEAD nad DEMONS. THe game has three categories for mosnters. Animal, UNdead, and Demon. If you take a list at whats animal its a joke. Meaning ANIMAL class monsters are really weak. Therefore, against the monsters taht matter you in essence have 400% ED but you dont see the display adjusting for DEMONS or UNDEAD, its invisble.

6. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

That 200% ED isn't base damage though....

7. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

IIRC, the extra damage to demons ad undead is added differently than the original 200%ED. The 200%ED gets added to the weapon BEFORE it gets multiplied by skills, While the 200%ED to demons and 350%ED to undead get added in together with the skills ED... uhh... am i making any sense? lol.