belt = verdungo
gloves = dracs
boot = gorerider
ammulet = highlords
rings = carrion wind or BK & Raven
1 hand weapon = ss and BoTDz
2 hand weapon = grief pb & BoTDz

few questions...

1. Since i'm PvM should I just use 2 weapons and not worry about max block with the ss? I think i should have enough life leech to not need the shield

2. I wasn't sure on which 2 rings would benefit me the most?

3. Should I try to get a Grief zerker axe since my BoTD is a zerker axe? That way they will both benefit from my Axe mastery?

4. Should i go with a Act 1 Rogue Scout merc that uses a Faith for the Fant aura or should I go with a Act 2 Offensive NM merc that uses Pride for the concentration and might aura?

Thanks guys!

krisjeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: PvM ww barb critique plz

the gear is pretty standard and solid, a botdz and a deathz or ettin axe would work nice well I guess, but grief will probably come out tops.

1. yes, in PvM you hardly ever require max block.
2. if you are PvM and you have no cham anywhere, then a ravenfrost and a bul khatos probably, or some rare ring with nice leech and/or resists.
3. yes, either go 2 axes or 2 swords, I prefer axes.
4. for maximum damage, the act2 merc will probably beat the fanaticism. besides, from my experience the bow-merc tends to die rather easily, especially if targeted by magical attacks.

determined

Diabloii.Net Member

thx 4 the reply

so u think the grief/botd will be a solid setup or would the botd/death be more beneficial?

also, which armor should I go after? i'm kinda leaning towards fortitude but i really have no clue...i kinda want enigma's tele but the again coh has all that resis and +2 skills that fort doesnt have?

accipite

Diabloii.Net Member

grief would be a little better than death.
Fort is the best choice unless u want to fly.
+ skills doesnt help much to barb.

krisjeh

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think resists will be a problem, since you have access to natural resist (1-point wonder), so I would go for fort, although you could get a nice teleport with nigma if you got 2 wizzy's on switch. your damage will be high enough without fort, but fort will most likely boost it sky-high. and yes, I believe grief is still better.

BierWiser

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm doing basically the same thing with the weapons and I was just confirming. With what I've heard, does a 34+% IAS Grief and the 60% IAS on the EBOTD reach the last breakpoint for Whirlwind?

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm doing basically the same thing with the weapons and I was just confirming. With what I've heard, does a 34+% IAS Grief and the 60% IAS on the EBOTD reach the last breakpoint for Whirlwind?
Yes. you need at least 34%ias on Berzerker Axes for ww speed.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

While grief BA won't do much more damage than grief PB, it's more damage for same whirlwind attack speed. Of course finding a duped grief BA may (or may not) be more difficult ;) epecially with PBs not needing repairs.