Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Windy - Shield and Resist Question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by skygoneblue, Mar 16, 2005.

1. skygoneblue

skygoneblue Diabloii.Net Member

PvM Windy - Shield and Resist Question

I am making a PvM Wind Druid, but the shield choice is bothering me.

I know that for PvP, everyone suggests Stormshield for the 35% DR, but is that really necessary in PvM? The reason I ask is that my setup is offering crap for resists, and I think that Sanctuary would solve that problem at the cost of the 35% DR from Stormshield.

2 Druid / 20 FCR Circlet (no res)
    Maras (30 res)
    Hoto (40 res)
    Enigma
    Stormshield (cold/low lite) / Sanctuary (50-70 res, no DR)
    Magefists
    SoJs
    Arachnid's
    Waterwalks

I also have Anni down below to help, but that still hardly gets me the 145 res all that I need for 75/75/75/75 in Hell.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

You definitely don't need block in PvM...still very nice. If you play just a bit carefully it won't be a problem.. Stormshield has resists too...you can also socket it with a Perfect Diamond or Um rune...You could also switch the Waterwalks for a rare dual resist boot, perhaps with Magic Find as well.. Also resists aren't imperative for a wind druid... if you just remember to cast cyclone armour it will keep you safe. My resists range from 10-40 or something like that and I almost never have problems so max resist is definitely not need.. still very nice though. Go with Lidless.. or Spirit.

3. skygoneblue

Well, the concern I had was with the lack of damage reduction. 35% is a LOT, and Druids aren't known for having a ton of life. I know there are plenty of awesome shield with god blocking mods, but I am concerned about the DR. Would I make it through hell without the 35 DR from SS?

Thanks for the reply!

4. mic pb

mic pb Diabloii.Net Member

i don't post much around here, just a browser and stuff, but i think something's wrong when you say druids arent known for having much life.

i know lots of pvm/pvp windy druids can get like 4.5-6k life, the former being relatively easy!

like Chimaira said, cyclone armor is an awesome tool for fixing resist problems you may have. just recast when it's gone and you're good to go.

i personally don't believe the 35% DR is THAT important.

i'm asuming also that you are NL, considering you didn't mention the spirit runeword, but if you are, that's a very nice choice with the +2 skills and 35% cold/light/poison res. (+ a nice bonus to vit and mana :) )

a good windy should be able to make it through PvM w/o any major need for PDR. just tele around and i think you'll be fine

good luck

5. skygoneblue

Without Oak Sage, Druids have crappy life; that is a simple, undebatable fact.

Maybe I'll try something other than Stormshield. Thanks for the info dude!