pvm wind druid equipment questions

spartacvs

Diabloii.Net Member
pvm wind druid equipment questions

Hi,

I plan to make a pvm wind druid. I have a few questions regarding the equipment. Please, note that I am not rich (so no hoto or enigma...).

Shield:
I plan to go no block. Do you still consider stormshield as the best option? I'm very tempted to use a spirit runeword. These two shield have a high str requirement. Is worth to use one of them over a lidless or a rhyme?

Weapon:
Here I think the best option is the spirit runeword. What do you think?

Armor:
I might be able to use a upped vipermagi. Que hegan if I'm able to have high resists (excluse cyclone armor). I don't see better options.

Helm:
I found a 62 def alpha helm with +3 hurricane, +2 tornado +1 shockwave. Should I socket it and make a delirium runeword?

Merc:
I plan to use a act2 defiance.

spartacvs

Diabloii.Net Member
Correction:

Merc:
Should I get a act1 merc with a 2 shaeled wws bow for amp damage or a act2 defiance merc with a reaper's toll for decrepify?

skb

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, for my low budget pvm wind druid i use the following gear:

Weapon: Wizardspike
Shield: Lidless
Helm: Jalal's (shael)
Armor:Vipermagi
Belt: Verdungo's
Gloves: Frostburn
Boots: Sander's set boots
Rings: 10% FCR stuff, with a +1 ammy

I don't have any skill charms or anything like a +2 ammy, but I still manage to kill pretty well with about 2.4-2.5k tornado and 1.2-1.3k hurricane. I got most of my gear for pgems, so this stuff shouldn't be too hard to get.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I would definitely go block...My Wind druid also has crap items, right now he's stuck using Oondal's Wisdom (yes a staff, you're allowed to laugh at me). Cyclone Armor takes care of elemental attackers and melee attackers can be tanked by Grizzly+merc, ranged attackers are a pain. And sometimes you have to put yourself in a bit of danger to shut them down, with Tornadoes being so unreliable. If you plan to go no block I'd take Spirit, because it seems a waste to use Stormshield if you don't block.

That's a pretty sweet helm you got there...I'd make Delirium out of it if I had the runes...but I also like the huge mana/life bonus of Shako, and the damage reduction would also be nice if you're not using Stormshield.

I would also recommend a Holy Freeze merc like Jimi-...

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
keep in mind that tornado is physical dmg so the reapers decp would improve your damage

spartacvs

Diabloii.Net Member
Jimi- said:
keep in mind that tornado is physical dmg so the reapers decp would improve your damage
Yes, and wws bow have amplify damage. That's why I also consider a act1 merc using that bow.