PvM Venomancer feedback

Grobyc

Diabloii.Net Member
PvM Venomancer feedback

I'm working on my Venomancer (Poison Nova) and here's what I'm thinking of using..

Head: +3 Poison and Bone skills circlet/coronet
Weapon: Blackhand Key
Body: Trang armor
Shield: Trang shield
Gloves: Trang gloves
Belt: -
Boots: Marrowalk
Rings: -
Amulet: +3 Poison and Bone skills

I'm planning to go full Trang and Death's Web (whenever that may be), but since I don't have the full set, I'll work with what I could get. I'm not sure on what to wear for rings and belt, the obvious would be SoJ's and Arachnid, but I don't have them, so I'll leave them blank for now.

As for skills...

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
10-20 Lower Resist (will most likely be at 15)
1 Bone Armor
8 into pre-reqs

I'm not sure if I should put any into golem, I think it will help my merc tank, but I would like suggestions (on anything).

The reason why I'm not planning to use skeletons because as it stands, it will take up 84 points (87 if it's with golem) which is quite a bit (I stop leveling around that level).

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Definitely get a clay golem, he is awesome for crowd control...and if possible try to squeeze a few more skill points out for crowd control curses...especially Attract. You could also try a White runeword, with +poison nova on that would be awesome. Other than that, just wait for Death's Web that's gonna be awesome.

masakerr

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Definitely get a clay golem, he is awesome for crowd control...and if possible try to squeeze a few more skill points out for crowd control curses...especially Attract. You could also try a White runeword, with +poison nova on that would be awesome. Other than that, just wait for Death's Web that's gonna be awesome.
I just love my little poisonmancer. I got three pieces of trangs (shield, gloves and helm - thank you pits), t god belt (cause that's the best I could and it's ok. Gonna add the blackhand key this weekend, but right now I got my nova doing about 2.5k poison and I thought that was good.

Then I tripped over (friend gave me) Bramble and my nova is over 4k poison now. It's fun, but you will have poison immunes in nightmare (you can still get with lower resist) and in hell. The immune in hell are not coming down, not for me. My merc has to kill em. I curse em and he kills em. I don't know about him going solo in hell, but I use him with friends.

You'll have fun with him

Masa

Grobyc

Diabloii.Net Member
When using White on a wand, could the wand be a Venomous wand (+3 Poison and Bone skills) therefore giving +6 Poison and Bone? Or it wouldn't do anything?

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered that it can't be magical.

masakerr

Diabloii.Net Member
Grobyc said:
When using White on a wand, could the wand be a Venomous wand (+3 Poison and Bone skills) therefore giving +6 Poison and Bone? Or it wouldn't do anything?

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered that it can't be magical.

you know what just do it. If you don't like it at least you'll know what you want to change the next time around and as a bonus you'll have a high level mule.

You'll have fun with it

Masa

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Three piece trang is the way to go! Great decision. Although I'll warn you, without deaths web you won't be clearing crowds very easily in hell (-res in gear is the most important stat for venomancers for various reasons). However a little bit of smart cursing and golem placement should make the trip through hell quite fun, though I'd suggest using skellies as well to help with the killing power.