Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Venomancer feedback

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Grobyc, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Grobyc

Grobyc Diabloii.Net Member

PvM Venomancer feedback

I'm working on my Venomancer (Poison Nova) and here's what I'm thinking of using..

Head: +3 Poison and Bone skills circlet/coronet
    Weapon: Blackhand Key
    Body: Trang armor
    Shield: Trang shield
    Gloves: Trang gloves
    Belt: -
    Boots: Marrowalk
    Rings: -
    Amulet: +3 Poison and Bone skills

I'm planning to go full Trang and Death's Web (whenever that may be), but since I don't have the full set, I'll work with what I could get. I'm not sure on what to wear for rings and belt, the obvious would be SoJ's and Arachnid, but I don't have them, so I'll leave them blank for now.

As for skills...

20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    10-20 Lower Resist (will most likely be at 15)
    1 Bone Armor
    8 into pre-reqs

I'm not sure if I should put any into golem, I think it will help my merc tank, but I would like suggestions (on anything).

The reason why I'm not planning to use skeletons because as it stands, it will take up 84 points (87 if it's with golem) which is quite a bit (I stop leveling around that level).

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Definitely get a clay golem, he is awesome for crowd control...and if possible try to squeeze a few more skill points out for crowd control curses...especially Attract. You could also try a White runeword, with +poison nova on that would be awesome. Other than that, just wait for Death's Web that's gonna be awesome.

3. masakerr

masakerr Diabloii.Net Member

I just love my little poisonmancer. I got three pieces of trangs (shield, gloves and helm - thank you pits), t god belt (cause that's the best I could and it's ok. Gonna add the blackhand key this weekend, but right now I got my nova doing about 2.5k poison and I thought that was good.

Then I tripped over (friend gave me) Bramble and my nova is over 4k poison now. It's fun, but you will have poison immunes in nightmare (you can still get with lower resist) and in hell. The immune in hell are not coming down, not for me. My merc has to kill em. I curse em and he kills em. I don't know about him going solo in hell, but I use him with friends.

You'll have fun with him

Masa

4. Grobyc

Grobyc Diabloii.Net Member

When using White on a wand, could the wand be a Venomous wand (+3 Poison and Bone skills) therefore giving +6 Poison and Bone? Or it wouldn't do anything?

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered that it can't be magical.

5. masakerr

masakerr Diabloii.Net Member

you know what just do it. If you don't like it at least you'll know what you want to change the next time around and as a bonus you'll have a high level mule.

You'll have fun with it

Masa

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 Diabloii.Net Member

Three piece trang is the way to go! Great decision. Although I'll warn you, without deaths web you won't be clearing crowds very easily in hell (-res in gear is the most important stat for venomancers for various reasons). However a little bit of smart cursing and golem placement should make the trip through hell quite fun, though I'd suggest using skellies as well to help with the killing power.