Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvm Titan Refrigerator - spear/freeze arrow hybrid

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by fullmoon, Apr 21, 2008.

1. fullmoon

fullmoon IncGamers Member

pvm Titan Refrigerator - spear/freeze arrow hybrid

------------------------------

Behold the power of the giant refrigerator. It is stylish, it is dangerous and everyone loves it.

(This is a revamp version of the giant refrigerator build which I messed up :rolleyes:. Special thanks to gimmershred and his friends for helping me test her).

Stats
    str - enough for equipment
    dex - enough for equipment
    life - rest
    mana - none

Skills
    -20 fend
    -20 penetrate
    -20 freezing arrow
    -20 cold arrow
    -1-5 critical strike
    -1-10 jab
    -1 impale
    -1 inner sight
    -1 slow missle
    -1 decoy
    -1 pierce
    -1 magic arrow

Equipment
    6.5 fpa jab, 5 fpa fend, 9 fpa freezing arrow

-Eth botd war pike (or matriarchal pike)
    -Cta Ashwood Bow +3 bow skill
    -Fortitude armor
    -Andy's visage (soc 15 ias jewel)
    -Nosferatu
    -dracula
    -gore rider
    -highlords
    -2x raven

Merc:
    Defiance or might aura
    Reapers toll
    gaze+um / andy+ral
    Eth shaft+um/ eth forti

Inventory:

-4x fhr/resist small charms
    -some frw/resist small charms
    -some life/resist small charms

General info.

No avoid, dodge, evade ???

-Nope, it causes the fend bug. With fast attack, massive damage and leech you will survive without problems.

Freezing arrow ??

-A powerful backup and crowd control skill, it allows you to freeze monsters for protection and attack.

1 point magic arrow ??

-Sometimes you get stone skin, physical, cold, immune champions. Its better than nothing....

Cta Ashwood bow ??

-yup, good ias, +life +skill +mana, what more ??

But I miss my valk...

-another great alternative is harmony. Vigor greatly increase your running speed, potential of +6 to valk. My 2nd favourite.

No Damage reduce ?

-yes, I find life leech far more important for this build than damage reduce.

Why don't you use Guillaume's Face instead of andy ?

-Gulli is no doubt a great helm for any physical build, but using it would meant slower attack speed for jab, fend and freezing arrow. You can sacrifice dracula for a 20 ias glove but I find dracula quite crucial for this build.

Breakpoints.

-fend (warpike - [6fpa 54%ias], [5fpa, 120%ias])
    -Freezing arrow (Ashwood bow - [9fpa 42%], [8fpa 75%])
    -Jab (warpike - [6.5fpa 113%ias])
    -Fhr (20 = 8 frame)

The equipment is a bit expensive isn't it ??

-This build is quite flexible, what you need is to achieve at least 6 fpa fend, 10 fpa freeze arrow, 20+ life leech, max reist, 8 frame fhr. There are many cheaper options that can achieve that so I'm only listing some of the best ones. Imo however, dracula is a must.

pvp ?

- With no dodge, evade, avoid and no block....you can try...

Damage ?

-With the above setup you will achieve 7k+ jab at 6.5fpa, 10k+ fend at 5 fpa, 1.5k+ freezing arrow at 9 fpa, ~50% critical and deadily strike.

Gameplay

As an ice titan, your main skill will be fend and jab with freezing arrow as backup. Fend is excellent against multiple targets and jab for single targets such as bosses. Freeze arrow is brilliant at crowd control and dual raven gives it an additonal 2 seconds in freeze time.

With the high physical damage and life leech, you can easily tank and charge into monster packs and fend. With other more dangerous monsters you can first use freeze arrow to stop them and then charge in and fend. Once the life leech kicks in, you are solid as a rock.

Most cold immune I encounter have pretty weak physical damage and I have no problems tanking them. Against pit bull in world stone, use decoy and let your merc tank them before charging in. Once decriphy or life tap kicks in, you are again solid as a rock.

Against range monsters, simply use slow missle and decoy. You can then avoid most of their attacks and pick them out. However even so, they can still be quite dangerous thus I recommend using a defiance merc. Together with the fortitude chilling armor, it will boost your defense near to 10k making it much harder for them to hit you.

Some argue that dracula and reapers toll should not be used together as their curse will override each other. BUT in practice, both curse will allow me to easily tank monsters without problems. Life tap has a much larger range, therefore most the time the outer monsters will be life tap cursed and the closer monsters with be decriphy cursed. This gives me excellent leech when I move onto them.

In hell chaos, your biggest concern will be iron maiden, but thankfull most monsters there are not cold immune. You can use freeze arrow to halt the monster packs and then pick out the oblivion knights with jabs quickly.

(Thank you all for the feedbacks. All feedbacks are welcomed :D.)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Bliphgar

Bliphgar IncGamers Member

Re: pvm Titan Refrigerator - spear/freeze arrow hybrid

Foregoing the damage avoidance skills to use fend, huh? Never thought of that.

interesting build.

3. fullmoon

One of the problems I encountered is torch and poison nova. With this setup, you fire so many poison nova and hellfire, it will occasionally cause game drop....:rolleyes:

4. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

i had one of these last ladder, except the FA. I got up to 17k damage with a Might/Pride merc. I also tried a faith Rogue, and in total I liked the Rogue best. Its worth a try imo. I also used Atma amulet, with Fend it procs alot. Just my 2 cents.

With Defiance merc, its no need for 20pts Penetrate.

5. fullmoon

I'm currently testing it with a more potent setup. I wanted to see if ~20% life leech is sufficient to stay alive in most cases. So far the damage is very pleasing but I would still recommend a defiance merc and reapers since it breaks alot of physical immune.

test1
    guli face + 15 ias
    death glove
    death belt

test2
    death glove
    death belt
    atmas scarab

So far in terms of offensive, I like test1 alot. Although the leech is lower, the damage seems much higher. The amplify damage from atmas has a really small range and most the time it gets overrided by decriphy. Test2 can go without merc but without dracula, it still feels a bit risky.

Another 5 fpa fend setup is using eth botd ghost spear, however, it looks really ugly and you need the ias for freezing arrow anyway.

Your faith merc + atmas is probably the best offensive setup and I'm thinking of testing it. I checked the numbers, with lvl 12 fana you can achieve 5fpa fend, 6fpa jab, 8fpa freezing arrow without any additional ias from anything. With this setup you can, equip guli + steelrend + atmas without problem. But feels like this build depend on your merc too much, if my act 2 merc dies, I have no problem maintaining my kill speed + breakpoints.

One of the stupid thing about this build is that if you use +str gear for equipping your botd, others won't be able to see your stylish build.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  6. fullmoon

ok faith merc + delirium testing in chaos 8 people game complete.

Merc
    Faith great bow
    delirium
    coh

Main
    8/15 strings of ear
    lava gout
    atmas
    guli

1)Initial impression is that the kill speed is very fast but not very safe.

2)Delirium is excellent, confuse monsters long enough for the knights to curse their own.

3)Atmas is great with this setup since it breaks physical immunes but you can't use dracula with it.

4)Against bosses without dracula, you might need to pot once or twice to stay alive.

(P.S. Sometimes there are just too many oblivion knight spawned and you can only pray you don't get iron maiden xD. I ended up using freezing arrow far more often).

A) For those who enjoy really fast pace and fast kill, this is the best offensive setup. But you will use decoy and freezing arrow very often, to help with tanking.

B) For those who enjoy a more balanced build, use act 2 might merc with (delirium, reapers and shaft) and use death glove + belt + guli + highlord.

C) For those who enjoy a defensive build, use act 2 defiance merc with (reapers, gaze + shaft) and use dracula + nost belt + andy helmet + highlord.

My personal favourite is B.