PvM Rift Dreamer Paladin

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
PvM Rift Dreamer Paladin

My idea, which stemmed off my idea of a wizard pally, is to use rift runeword in a caduceous, use conviction as main aura, dual dream, and a faith merc. After that, i need 45 ias to hit 4 fpa zeal. 4 fpa is 6.2 attacks per second, which would mean a level 21 frozen orb shooting out every second on average. Level 21 frozen orb with maxed conviction should be a good way to slow enemies and deal some solid damage. With that, holy shock pulse damage, and elemental zeal, packs of monsters should go down very quickly.

Basically, this a dreamer setup with rift as main weapon, because i like the frozen orb idea. what do you think?

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
Treachery would be a nice option. With it satisfies your entire IAS requirement and with Fade active it give +60% resists, 15% DR, and reduced curse length. Of course, you can use Fortitude, but then you have almost no other gear options. You must have 20% IAS gloves, Cat's Eye or Highlord ammy, and Goldwrap or Nos Coil belt. There are some decent uniques, but none that match these options IMO.

BTW - I really like the idea of using rift in conjunction with Conviction, it sounds like it could be devastating.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey that could work, you might become an excellent "DRiftadin". It won't match a real cold sorc in terms of firepower but it could work as a massive crowd control skill and requires no mana to boot.

The casting delay will be a problem but if it cast mid-zeal i guess it will not bother you since zeal is uninterruptible. Also its CtC on Attack and not striking, so missed attacks can still launch the FOrb which is a great advantage. As for IAS, yeah your choices for gear will be pretty much fixed unless you use Treachery.

Please let me know how it turns out ! :D

Von Lazuli

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm... I have got to a wondering...

Frozen Orb has a cast delay... does this still apply on chance to cast?

Laz