Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Rabies / Fireclaw

Discussion in 'Druid' started by GoreSpilr, Mar 29, 2004.

1. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

PvM Rabies / Fireclaw

Never played much druid before, wondering if anybody can advise me on some skill point choices.

searching didn't yield much in the way of PvM Rabies info, so I'm posting, hope thats ok.

Heres what I had in mind:

Max Rabies
    Max Fire Claw
    Max Werewolf
    10 Lycanthropy
    Max 1 fire claw synergy (which one?)
    some points in Grizzly Bear
    and of course the prereq's

I plan on using the Carrion Wind for Rabies synergy,

if there is a better rabies PvM build, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say about it.
    all input welcome.
    GS.

2. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

You should read kazs flaming rabies guide although its pvp there is a great skill setup along with gear in his guide and should be somewhere at the top of the druid forum under guides :D I have one and hes in act 1 hell right now though i have switched to pvp recentley.

3. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

I would say:
    Max Rabies
    Max Fire Claw
    Max Fire Claw synergy nº1
    Max Oak sage
    1 point in werewolf (well, you already got it, didnt you?)
    at this point, all spare skillpoints into lycanthropy.
    You must use STONE runeword in armor, since it gives molten boulden charges (level 16), so you will have 2 Fire Claws synergies almost maxed. Along with carrion wind, youll have 2 different powefull attacks.

Maxing werewolf does not worths the try since it boosts physical damage from attacks as Fury, tho from rabies/FC will only give you more AR. Thus, dont forget to get as many shape shift skillers as you can to boost both you FC and Rabies damge/ar as well as wolf shape duration.

And check flaming rabies guide at the sticky, is not exactly what u are looking for, but can help you!

fer

4. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Sorry with the noob question i could see that most shapeshifting builds get away with 1 points into either werewolf or werebear and maxing out lyththro (whatucallit instead :) Particular with boosts from +skill items.

Why not max out werebear/wolf and 1 point lyth instead?. Or is the life bonus/duration from lyth more important than the damage/ AR factor from werebear/wolf skills?

5. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

This is due to now in 1.10 most melee druids are hybrids dealing with elemental damage mainly, so boosting any wereform gives you a worse average damage/life than doing like above.

Anyway, for another hybrid builds, combining physical damage with elemental (mauler/FC bear; Fury/Rabies wolf), going for PvP, is better, IMO, maxing the wereform instead Oak Sage (since this spirit is so easy to kill in PvP).

6. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

werewolf increases IAS though, so isn't it worth more than that? I'm kind of surprised at the maxing of oak sage as well... I am new to this build though. I thank you for your input.