Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM/PvP Geared Poisonmancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by jodoog, May 19, 2008.

1. jodoog

jodoog IncGamers Member

PvM/PvP Geared Poisonmancer

Hey, just got here (fantastic forum btw!), and just read through the Poisonmancer guide v2 and other poisonmancer threads. Unfortunately, I am still a little unsure.

Assuming the following gear: (small changes can be made but I would prefer to keep the same)

Helm: Rare Helm (+2 Necromancer Skills/20FCR/22Str/77Mana)
    Weapon: Death’s Web (2/2/47)
    Armor: Enigma (Mage Plate)
    Gloves: Trang’s Gloves
    Boots: Sandstorm Trek
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Shield: Homunculus
    Amulet: Mara’s Kaleidoscope
    1st Ring: Stone of Jordan
    2nd Ring: Stone of Jordan
    Inventory: 10x5%FHR 3x12%FHR and lots of other small charms + Anni

Without any used stats or skills - 173 strength, 61 dex, 66 vit, 81 enegy, resistance capped at 76, 461 stat points remain, 616 mana, 290 life.

Where would you put your stat and skill points for a PvP and PvM viable poisonmancer (I would like to avoid changing gear/strategy for different classes - prefer a simple generic tactic :tongue: )

I am currently looking at an exact copy of the PvP poisonmancer (in guide) lay out in terms of skills, but what changes would you make based on my gear? would you make any minor changes to my gear? where would you generally put your stat points?

Thanks a ton to anyone who responds :prop:

Fred

2. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Re: PvM/PvP Geared Poisonmancer

If you are going to do some PvP then all your skill points remaining need to go into Bone Armor synergies (bone wall and prison). Helps out in PvM too, of course. Of course, you need a fire golem for PvP as well so plan on spending about 6 points in the summon tree (the four golems, mastery, and summon resist).

As far as stat points, since you are carrying a homuculus then I assume you are going max block (which is a good idea for PvP especially). Put in as much dex to get max block and then the rest in vit.

For possible gear changes, you could swap out the Arachs/Homu for trangs belt and shield...this gives you a very nice -25% enemy poison resist and the cannot be frozen mod (you REALLY need this to PvP). Trang shield has a good block rate too so swapping the homu out for it shouldnt make much difference.

Die facet that Deaths Web.

3. jodoog

jodoog IncGamers Member

Poison & Bone Skills:
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Bone Wall
    1 Bone Armor
    1 Teeth
    17 Bone Prison

Curses:
    1 Amplify Damage
    1 Weaken
    1 Iron Maiden
    1 Terror
    1 Life Tap
    1 Decrepify
    1 Lower Resist

Summoning:
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Blood Golem
    1 Iron Golem
    1 Fire Golem

Extras*:
    1 Corpse Explosion
    1 Bone Spear
    1 Raise skeleton
    1 Raise skeleton mage
    1 skeleton mastery
    1 Golem mastery
    1 Revive
    1 summon resist

Sound good? I have added the Die Facet and will find a trang shield/belt - although I will miss that Homu!

Thanks for the advice!

4. jodoog

jodoog IncGamers Member

My editing skills seemed to have failed me:

Just wanted to add - 240 dex would max block with Trangs shield?

5. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

Since I am clueless about PvP, I will give you advice only for PvM :)

Trang belt + Trang shield is imho better than arach/homun for PvM poisonmancer. The -25% poison res gives you really a LOT of damage. You lose some resists, though, and light resists are a pain to cover with my build. I still think it's worth it.

For PvM, you obviously don't need block, but since you want to play PvP too, it may be a good idea. I really don't know since I suck at PvP :)

For PvM build, I would use:

Helm: Rare Helm (+2 Necromancer Skills/20FCR/22Str/77Mana) --> Since this is a poisonmancer, you don't need FCR, so 3poison/100life/2sox coronet doublefaceted is better imho.

Weapon: Death’s Web (2/2/47) --> Good choice of course, sox it with a facet

Armor: Enigma (Mage Plate) --> No, no, nooooo, not for PvM, use bramble instead

Gloves: Trang’s Gloves --> ofc

Boots: Sandstorm Trek --> Rare tri res boots with strength, as you lack resists without homunculus

Belt: Arachnid Mesh --> Trang belt please

Shield: Homunculus --> Trang shield please

Amulet: Mara’s Kaleidoscope --> Sure

1st Ring: Stone of Jordan --> Sure

2nd Ring: Stone of Jordan --> I prefer rare ring with Life, +20 STR and a lot of resists (30%+ light resistance)

Inventory: 10x5%FHR 3x12%FHR and lots of other small charms + Anni --> For PvM I'd of course use skillers, torch and 20/17 scs (or the cheaper 20 life ones)

Note that my build is PvM ONLY so it will most likely be a total FAILURE at pvp.
    regards.

6. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

With decent run/walk the might even outrun your poison nova shots even with decrep on....