Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Multi/Strafe/LF/CS Hybrid with a faithful mercanary - by Kijya o

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Kijya, Jan 21, 2006.

1. MaStAViC

MaStAViC Diabloii.Net Member

Those numbers regarding Titan's Revenge lasting approximately 55 seconds provide very good information. If I did not already mention, this Amazon build is for my girlfriend. When I change her regular Titan's Revenge for an ethereal one, she was concerned about them not being able to be repaired and that her javelins might run out in the midst of a battle, even if they do auto-replenish. 55 seconds of nonstop throwing should be fine - hopefully.

Different topic: I don't mean to flip flop or bend, but I have received a lot of comments regarding the Amazon wielding the Faith bow herself, as opposed to having a mercenary carry it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Victor Ly

2. Kijya

Kijya Diabloii.Net Member

I was writing a lot but it ended up to long ... there's been tons of discussion about faith+might&pride vs wf+faith. You could do a search and you'll find lots of examples, both for and against either.

I'm personally a fan of the wf setup, higher bang for your buck invested. It's however dependent on your play style, and economy. All the factors around your specific zon may simply very well make it better to choice on or the other.

Compare builds:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=487121
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=470901

Scan this thread for examples:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=539585

And of course compare the other hybrids to mine, I've posted once in the link above, but here's a short look at the current rebuild:

But really, you'll not have the same equipments, and focusing on strafe only on the bowside makes it completely different. You'll have to test and test again until you find the combination you like the most.

3. MaStAViC

I appreciate the help. I read both the guides you posted from end to end, including the replies for the threads that they are in. Glad to see you post something in them, Kijya. I have finally decided to stick to your build of a Windforce-wielding Amazon with a "Faithful Mercenary." Thanks for getting me to this point.

Kijya, your guide recommends vitality as base; have you changed your mind at all? Seems as if a bit less of dexterity won't hurt, as it is mostly for the Strafe attacks anyway. I am thinking of putting around 80 vitality points into the Amazon so she can survive a little bit better. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
    Victor Ly

4. MaStAViC

Took up your advice, traded for a 15%ED Superior Great Bow, socketed with to make it a Faith bow, and it gave me Level 15 Fanaticism and +1 to All Skills! So just I'm not misunderstanding, there is no difference between Level 13 and Level 15 Fanaticism in regards to Windforce Strafe and Titan's Revenge Lightning Fury, right?

Thanks,
    Victor Ly

5. Kijya

It's really a playstyle and economically dependent thing. If you're not to passive and often run ahead into packs then some extra vit might be what saves you, however with decent charms you can score enough life, and then you might as well use the points for more damage.

Against opponents where life steal works you'll replenish your life really fast even if you take a hit or two.

Don't forget that you most likely want max block in your java setup, so don't go to low on the dex even if you decide to go more vit.

You gain 1 EIAS so you possibly lower the ias needed on some breakpoints. Higher level also increases the ar and damage boost you gain from the aura, so lvl 15 is obviously the best :thumbsup:

6. MaStAViC

Thank you for the prompt reply, Kijya! Okay, this might be the last time I'm asking you a question regarding this build (I'm sure you're tired of me by now), but I will be sure to come back and post about the Amazon I'm creating.

I have been looking at the Amazon Tables, and this doesn't seem right for some reason. With Level 15 Fanaticism active, do I hit the fastest speed frame with just 50%IAS? Windforce itself comes with 20%IAS and I socketed the Windforce with a SHAEL rune, so does just 10%IAS more (say, from gloves) already make that the fastest the Windforce can shoot? And for Titan's Revenge Lightning Fury, do I only need 25%IAS from my gear to hit the fastest attack speed?

Something doesn't seem right, because this is way too easy to hit the fastest attack frames. Please let me know what calculations I'm doing wrong, if any. And if I'm not wrong, then this means that I do not need any gear with IAS% other than a pair of gloves or something with 10%IAS. Any recommendations for better gear?

Thank you!
    Victor Ly

7. Kijya

Yes it's correct for lvl 15 fana, found a typo in the lvl 13 fana table but lvl 15 is correct. With strafe it's really easy to hit the last bp when you have a fanaticisms aura on you.

Just compare the values with the EIAS table using this formula:
    EIAS = Int[ (IAS * 120) / (IAS + 120) ] + Skill_IAS - WSM

Level 14/15 fana gives a skill ias of 33, lvl 13 gives 32, lvl 12 gives 31.

Really your choise where to get the ias from, it's such as small amount that you can practically get it anywhere. As I said your gear is going to be completly different and I cannot tell what solutions would work best. Then again your best choices are an IAS jewel in your helm or ias from gloves. If you use a helm that gives enough ias, you could even use something other then sheal in your wf, for example socket it with a cham for the freezing mod.

In the end you've got a lot options since you need far less ias then a multi focused build, try things out and tell us what you though was the most useful. :azn:

Note that the difference in speed between the fastest and the second fastest bp is just 1 frame for every strafe volley, you may settle for 35% ias if you wish. That's pretty much any helm with an ias jewel, including griffon's with would boost your javelin side quite a bit, though it's expensive.

8. hihu

hihu Diabloii.Net Member

this is surely a fabulous one .. but I lost all my style points when I put it on my head.. I can't think of a better one though.. except maybe 120/45 which I will never be able to get

9. Kijya

Correct, I quite agree that it looks crap :undecided: If you cannot do without a stylish helm you've got the other standard bowzon helms to choice from,
    Although andys surely must be the best option while still being affordable, you could go with a 2 os circlet (rare/magic), preferably with +skills if you can get an extra 5% ias from somewhere other then the helm. Just make sure to get the ias you need, then focus on increasing your skills to make the javaskills better.

If you read through the thread you'll see that I today favor a bit different setup from what's written in the guide, I'm slowly working my way through a large update with more different gear choices, skill distrubutions and comprehensive strategy tips etc, but for now the Zonshowoff link in my sign could be used as a small pointer towards some of the changes I've been trying out, and it might give you a small indication of where I'm heading with the build. :smiley:

10. lumpor

lumpor Diabloii.Net Member

Re: PvM Multi/Strafe/LF/CS Hybrid with a faithful mercanary - by Kijya

Man, this is a great guide. I thought I was the only perfectionist on these forums, but you are too! This is exactly how I'd build a lightning/bow hybrid.

11. Kijya

Thanks for the flowers, though this is my old guide. Since I wrote it I've myself gone more towards the java side of things, as shown in my zon showoff:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6493775#post6493775

12. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

How do you recommend leveling the skills in this build?

13. Kijya

With respecs you can do pretty much whatever you want for leveling, however I recommend focusing entirely on the java side until you can equip a good bow.

That said this is an old guide and I've written a more up to date one which is quite a lot better in my opinion:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643918

Here's the part about leveling from that guide:
    You could however start out using poison and plague javelin as droid has suggested in the link below, and just use respecs once it's time to switch over to LF.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780583

14. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

i wondered why i didnt have a post in this thread, i knew i'd posted....

15. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

A challenge - if we take making a multi/strafe and javazon hybrid as a premise, then

griffon (15 ias)
    highlord
    enigma
    titans/faith gmb
    spirit 33+/arrows
    raven frost , fcr leech ring
    laying of hands or 2 java 20 ias adds gloves
    razortail
    war travs

might merc:
    infi
    fort
    andy

Is higher performance than your proposed setup(why are you using 15 ias in your shield o_O, your throw speed is already maxed out): it reaches 10 frame throw speed(your build - 9) with javs, 13 frame tele(your build - 15), 8 frame multi(your build -7). And does more damage with all of those, as i shall show:

assuming 200 dex, war travs, laying of hands, faith merc
    multi dps: base damage, (ed: base, dex, fanat, might aura, laying ), crits, speed
    wf setup:311*(1+2+1.44+1.16)*1.65*25/7=10263 (+knockback)
    faith gmb:211*(1+2+2.**+2.5+1.16)*1.65*25/8=10379 (+itd, 300% AR, +2 ama, +3 bow meaning much more points left for jav skills)

javelin skills: infi merc speaks for itself.. dont think a comparison is necessary here

16. Kijya

Sure you posted that in the right thread zrk?

Who is that challenge directed at? And who suggests ias jewel in the shield?

17. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

You :p your updated version had the 15 ias -15/+15 shield i believe

18. Kijya

God no, it's a 4x faceted one, just don't have perfect facets. :D iirc mike gave it too me, and I've still not gotten more the 2 perfect facets stored up towards making my own. :whistling:

As for the challenge, the faith rouge setup won during 1.12 as act 2 mercs would be annoyingly dead from time to time, but now I have to agree that your proposed setup should be better. With faith on yourself you'll have less AR problems (not that I've got any, but for most others ...) and of course with infinity higher java damage is assured.

I haven't done much testing since I've not been playing much, but I guess I should get into updating the gunslinger guide at some point. Hopefully before D3 ...

One thing that I must mention though: 200 dex is to low for a proper comparison. I've got 600 on mine, so with your formula:

wf setup:311*(1+6+1.44+1.16)*1.65*25/7=17593 (+knockback)
    faith gmb:211*(1+6+2.**+2.5+1.16)*1.65*25/8=14731 (+itd, 300% AR, +2 ama, +3 bow meaning much more points left for jav skills)

Yes 600 dex may be a bit to high for a fair comparison, but you get my point. :wink:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  19. Krupa

Krupa Diabloii.Net Member

i´d personally prefer another setup that reaches 99 fcr and 7 fpa multi (i played one in 1.12 that compared 68 fcr 8 fpa multi with 99 fcr 7 fpa multi - for gameplay it makes a hell of a difference imo)

for 1.13 the a2 merc would be superior to a1 sadly...

2 ama 20 fcr 2 soc circ filled with 15 40´s
    2 ama 14 fcr amu
    enigma
    titans/ faith mb
    spirit 35
    20 ias gloves of ur liking
    raven
    arach
    fcr ring of ur liking
    travs

i´d most likely swap pride for infinity to my daily preference

gotta agree 500+ dex is the way to go

20. MFDeath

MFDeath Diabloii.Net Member

Awesome guide, complete and well written. Except... Nobody, and I mean no one on these forums seems to be able to write ROGUE properly, which now leads me to believe that "rouge" has become some sort of purposeful inside joke typo. Seriously lol.