Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVM Multi/GA Questions (Hardcore Oriented)

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by slick4hire, Mar 31, 2005.

1. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

PVM Multi/GA Questions (Hardcore Oriented)

While baaling, I ran into a couple of people leveling their multi zons and they were discussing equipment for the build end game. They were talking about primarily using WF (as opposed to Faith) with Fortitude, but didn't discuss any other equipment.

Now, I have the Fortitude and can get the WF. But IIRC, to be better than 8 FPS is next to impossible with WF. When compared to Faith, how does this stack up?

I have seen a ton of questions/posts with faith and multi/strafe so I will spare those questions, but I found no posts discussing the WF being used with a fortitude other than in passing or saying that a 160/60 > Fortitude (I'll save the jewel dupe discussion for another day).

So, with a WF and fortitude, what else would be optimal for a multi/GA build? Bear in mind that this is HC, meaning life and max resistances are pretty critical. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, I would like to know if people have experienced both GA and Strafe for a build similar (or like) the build I am considering and, if so, what their preference is and why.

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

you can put a faith bow on your merc, and then hit a 7fpa when you use WF for huge damage. ive heard the small radius can be a pain though, but your kill speed will be godly.

if you choose, this note that you're giving up a tank, and make sure to not put it in a class specific zon bow.

3. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

You won't need a tank besides a valk though. It is really incredible except when your merc gets lost in some of the underground areas. Everything on the screen (and stuff on the next screen) dies in seconds. Sick.

4. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

That helps, but as far as the rest of the equipment goes, I am still scratching my head a bit. For good life and resistances with the aforementioned items, how would I go about it?

Helm: ? (Rockstopper for resists/fhr?)
    Ammy: Cats Eye (Sold on FRW/Dex)
    Boots: Travs (Gogo damage and MF)
    Belt: Goldwrap or Nosferatus? Something else?
    Armor: Fortitude
    Ring1: Ravenfrost
    Ring2: Rare with resists/ll/stats/etc
    Gloves: LoH or Rare/Craft with 20 IAS/Skills
    Bow: WF
    Switch: Harmony or WWS for PI's

Merc Wep: Faith Blade or Great Bow
    Merc Armor: Crow Caw or Twitch?
    Merc Helm: ?

Also, nobody has touched on the GA vs strafe debate, although I am pretty sure where most will lean. If there is another option I am not mentioning, please let me know.

I know about 10-12 hard points in multi will certainly fit the bill. Shoot for 50% or better in D/A/E, level 17 valk with + skills, at least 50% in critical strike, some points into penetrate and pierce, but what else?

Edit: Just did some calculations. According to the wep speed calc, it takes 100 IAS to achieve 7 FPS with a hydra bow and a level 12 Fanat from merc. So...

Helm with IAS Jewel or Stealskull (running into resist probs with that): 10 or 15
    Shael WF: 40
    Gloves: 20
    Ammy: 20
    Belt: 10
    Total: 100 or 105

Does this look right?

5. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Resists are always a problem. More important that resists is leech though. 5% is probably not enough mana leech. I'd probably go tals helm or vamp gaze with 15% ias jewel. Don't worry about switch for PI's. Seems like you will have lots of skill points left over so max magic arrow. Don't worry about ias for merc so armors are both out. You need DR, Resists and leech. Vamp gaze gives you some leech and DR. Durials shell resists and life. Many other combinations.

You should be killing everything very quickly from a distance. Use all your charm spaces for resists and life. Ideal are 11% single resist/20 life small charms. Obviously expensive but get some as close as you can to that. 13-15% resist all GC's are very nice also. Lating of hands will help you big for fire resist. The only other one which is very important is lightening which could be handled by a ring or those charms.