Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Mauler Help (Merc, spirit, equip)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by woundead, Mar 30, 2005.

1. woundead

woundead IncGamers Member

PvM Mauler Help (Merc, spirit, equip)

I am planning to make an mauler.
    I have already gotten the weapon, a 290% ribcracker.

First, what merc +spirit combo do you think is the most effective and why?

Second, I wont need much strength for my weapon, so I wonder what armor and helm is the stuff to have? I will get an nice bonus to def from werebear(100%) and the weapon (100%). So is def worth it? or is life more important for a werebear? or what is?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

First of all make sure you Shael the Ribcracker...

HOW is very good for a bear to help them with their poor AR...A might mercenary is always nice especially if you use Shockwave to stun monsters...otherwise a Holy Freeze mercenary is nice for crowd control...I think Might+shockwave is the way to go. You really don't need much strength to get good defence...there are lots of high defence elite armours that don't require a lot of strength...Especially a lot of runewords can be very good and only require 77 str if made in a Dusk Shroud...Stone runeword would give you insane defence with the bonus from Ribcracker and Werebear, but plenty of other good armors too. Defence is definitely worth it and you don't have to invest a lot to get it. Life is also very important but in this case you can have your cake and eat it too.

3. woundead

thanks for good answer, what about helm then?

Now I have cerberus bite(perfect skillwise) and Andys face(10%ll 27 str) that both look lika quite good mauler helms. Which of these are good or is there other equally as good or better options?

4. Chimaira

I always prefer Jalal's Mane because it's such an all-round sweet helm for a druid...Faster hit recovery, resists, life bonus, +4shapeshifting skills and huge defence, sweetness itself. Out of the two you mention I'd wear Cerberus Bite, because of the huge AR boost, unless you really need the 20%IAS from Andariels.

5. woundead

Ok, thanks.

What about the other euipment. Gloves and belt especially.
    According to the speed calc I think you will need at least 50% OIAS to reach the next bp(with shealed ribcracker). Is it worth it? it would probably mean andys + 15 ias + gloves or som ias amu.

edit: according to the stickited calc it doesnt seem possible to reach a lower bp with 70 WIAS and stalagamite.

edit2: or is it? I am confused by what base speed to enter.

6. Chimaira

Gloves: Crafted blood gloves...very good can get life leech+crushing blow+bonus to life. Bloodfists, also very good with Faster Hit Recovery+big bonus to life+10%IAS. Draculs for Lifetap and life leech, Soul drainers for mana/life leech and Weaken.

Boots: Immortal King's boots are nice, Gore Riders, War Travelers for MF and non MF, Sandstorm Trek, Marrowwalks..Good pair of rare boots with dual resists and MF

Attacking very fast with a Werebear is a very good idea...if it is at all possible to reach the next breakpoint...do it. Don't sacrifice everything so you'll end up with negative resists or anything crazy but a fast attack speed is vital.

A Stalagmite has a 10 base speed...a non upgraded Ribcracker has 0...This is kind of a downer, but it's still a fantastic weapon. Most calculators require you to input the negative base speed...so 10 becomes -10...

7. woundead

Thanks.

What about rings and amus? Are angelic an must for the AR?

Is angel amu + ring + ravenfrost a good setup?