PvM Lightning Javazon.

bohooho

Diabloii.Net Member
PvM Lightning Javazon.

I'm still deciding whether or not to put all my remaining points in Valkyrie for my lv84 Lightning Javazon, I still have 4 pts left. Here's my setup:
Javelin and Spear:
Jab-1
Power strike-1
Psn Javelin-1
Lightning bolt-20
Charged strike-20
Plague javelin-1
Lightning fury-20
Lightning strike-17

Passive and Magic:
All 1 pt.

Bow and Crossbow:
0 pt.

This javazon is for PvM Chaos and Baal mostly. I'm using a NM Holy freeze merc. Is there a better choice btw?

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Max LS would be my next move on her, assuming you find your valk satisfactory already?
Also you should make sure to have 100% pierce (if using raizortail), think 80% shouldn't be to hard to accuire without.

d00m2k

Diabloii.Net Member
100% pierce is completely unnecessary. Try to get 75% or better, and you will notice no difference in killing speed. Best way to do this is 5pts pierce +skills. I would not rely on razortail, as WSK can be very dangerous with Dark Soul groups, where Tgods is almost required.

WrongdayJ

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd max Lightning Strike and then dump the last point into the valk.

(the 10% synergy bonus per point on the Charged Strike is just too juicy to pass up.)
:jig:

d00m2k

Diabloii.Net Member
There's no point in putting points into Lightning Strike. Between LF and CS, you'll never use it. Just max out the other skills, get pierce to 75% at least with end game +skills (should only require 3 - 5 pts)

WrongdayJ

Diabloii.Net Member
d00m2k said:
There's no point in putting points into Lightning Strike. Between LF and CS, you'll never use it. Just max out the other skills, get pierce to 75% at least with end game +skills (should only require 3 - 5 pts)
He may not use the Lightning Strike skill, but every point he puts into it gives a 10% synergy bonus to his Charged Strike and there's also synergy with the LF, but I can't remember now what the % is. . .I think it's 1% per point- not nearly what the charged strike gains, but still substantial enough to warrant the points- at least to me anyway.

When a Hell Act Boss (pick one they're all nasty) is in your face. . .that extra 30% comes in real handy.