Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVM JavaZon Help ;)

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sTrd, Mar 20, 2007.

1. sTrd

sTrd Diabloii.Net Member

PVM JavaZon Help ;)

Hey

I have never made a javazone for real with nice eq and stuff and now that im looking at it its going to be really expensive. With the gear all ppl say u need so im just wondering

What Gear do i need to be really effective and how many skillers ?

2. HobbesAC

HobbesAC Diabloii.Net Member

i would say griffons, coh, stormshield, titans, thundergods, one dual leech ring, raven, highlords/catseye, magic 3java/20ias or rare 2java/20ias gloves and sandstorm would be enough and these items should be too expensive to obtain. i dont think you will need whole alot of skillers if any at all if you have torch and anni. the most expensive gear you will need for a effective pvm javazon is probably an eth infinity for your mercenary

3. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

or you could use gear you get for pgems.

ps. you dont need stormshield for pvm

4. Gargelkarrg

Gargelkarrg Diabloii.Net Member

For Norm and NM u should have an early "Insight"-Merc to keep the mana flowing (lf is quite costly). I had the possibility to use Titans from lvl 42 on and it was quite a joy seeing the monsters drop. All that changed in Hell because of the LI`s. To get past them u have 2 possibilities: Have an "Infinity"-Merc (which I don`t have) to break the LI`s, or have a decent weapon for physical damage (Titans and lvl 1 Jab still takes an awfull lot of time and those Bosses with Ironskin AND LI: :hang: ). So the costly side is either the Infinity, or the decent phys-dmg-weapon.

All other gear I use is pretty usual: +2 skills gloves, shield: The Ward, helmet: Valkyrie Wing, Vipermagi, some rare boots and not to mentionable rings and amulet (resistances in Hell are between 30 and 50%).

So it is quite cheap to get to Hell, but can get expensive to overcome all the LI`s in hell.

edit: Oh, and try to get razortail, lf with 100 % pierce is a MUST HAVE :thumbsup:

5. HobbesAC

HobbesAC Diabloii.Net Member

stormshield isnt only good for pvp because it got high chance to block and resists. it is very handy when you do cowruns and other places where there are lots of melee and physical ranged attackers like act5 where you can find these nasty moonlord boss packs with fanaticism aura and maybe even cursed xD

6. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

how often do you walk in pvm? if you run you have 0% ctb anyway so i dont see the point. yes, the dr is good, but since my zon can throw i usually stay away and do that as opposed to getting close and throwing. for physical ranged attackers...slow missles.

he asked what do you need you dont need coh/griff/infinity, shoot you dont even need titans (though if they're the only piece of gear you have they truely are all you need). at one point i read a guide that said you could finish the game with cracked javelins and i agree. the power of lightning comes from +skills. throw as many as you can on and you'll do fine. i made and was highly effective with a javazon using full diciple (some +skills, res out the wazoo, big strength bonus, some ias, and easy to find or trade for the parts), spirit, titans, one raven, one rare ring (stats unimportant reallly) and tal helm (no leech worries). she ran cows and pretty much where ever else i wanted her to. on west i got by with vipermagi, pcrown, spirit, rare 1zon ammy, rare 1jav gloves, aldur's boots, titans, raven, and manald heal. on both these set ups i didnt use a merc because they ran cows mostly and mercs just get in the way there.

for dealing with light immues i suggest demon limb enchant + jab.