Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvm fury ww

Discussion in 'Druid' started by FearMonger, Apr 20, 2008.

1. FearMonger

FearMonger IncGamers Member

pvm fury ww

I have a lvl 85 fury ww who is failing miserably at hell. Don't laugh!

Anyway, my damage is certainly fine against most enemies since I can kill the ones in early Act 5 in 2-3 hits, but my hp and lack of damage reduction is certainly what's causing me to die very quickly against even a small group of enemies. I have 1.3k hp right now.

I'm certainly planning to rebuild my druid since my skills are a bit off and I'm looking for skill suggestions and item suggestions. I've read most of the ww guides on these forums, so let me clarify.

Right now, I have max fury, lycan, and how. I also have a good number of points in feral rage (13 or so I think), a couple in rabies, and about 10 in ww.

In terms of skills, I pretty much know that I'll max out fury and lycan. Physical immunes are giving me a big problem, so I was thinking of doing rabies for that, but if there are pretty cheap weapons with lots of magical damage, I'd probably just use those. Not really sure about how or oak, but since my problem is hp, I guess I should do oak. I am thinking of maxing ww as well, but if anyone has serious objections, I'd be happy to hear them out.

I rejoined the game a couple weeks ago, so I am pretty poor. I want to know which cheap items I can get that will improve my performance the most. I am looking for items that are worth no more than 10 pgems each, and preferably no more than 5. I'm also using a 2h right now. Given that I don't want to spend too much, I'm not sure if I should switch to 1h/shield instead so I can stay alive longer.

Current Items I use:

jalal's
    ogrehew 2os (both empty right now)
    gore rider (I had aldur's boots previously and not sure which are better)
    ik belt
    dwarf star
    que-hegan's wisdom

grim turn ring
    +1 max dmg
    3% lifesteal
    10 life
    10mana
    29 lightning resist
    8 mf

bitter mark ammy
    15 AR
    8 life
    9 cold resist
    40 poison resist
    8 dmg to mana
    1 light radius

shadow grasp gloves
    10% lvl3 nova
    20 AM
    58 ED
    8 strength
    10 dex
    27 cold resist

I also got some items yesterday, mostly for +gf, but I'm listing them here in case some happen to be better for combat survivability than the ones I'm using.

nagelring x2
    strings of ears
    chance guards

2. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

Re: pvm fury ww

Upgrade a ribcracker and put a shale in it. Get draculs grasp. No more needs to be said, check stickies.

3. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

I'd also throw on the string of ears and pick up a raven frost of some sort, a less than perfect one will be a few pgems tops, and you can go overboard on the AR on it if you get a lower dex, which you won't need anyway going two handed. As for getting decent life, cling to every life charm you find, and use oak, and you'll have plenty. My untwinked with a ribcracker last season had like 4.5k without BO and utter garbage for gear. The gores will in the long run be superior to the Aldur's IMO, as they add useful mods, especially with a 5 frame fury from an upped Ribby. A good cheap amulet would be either an atma's (takes care of PI right there), or a Highlord's (and then Azurewrath+Tiamat's on switch for PI's). The highlord's will overall be better, as it adds a TON of damage in the form of per level Deadly Strike, and the +1 skill and Light Resist never hurt either. Que-Hagan's isn't bad as an armor, but if I was on a budget, it'd be a hard call between Lionheart and Treachery. Lionheart adds just rediculous stats and life, while Treachery adds faster hit recovery (with Jalal's you hit the 42% breakpoint, which is plenty for pvm) and the two chance to casts, with Fade being the big one (15% DR and 60 Res all, absolutely stellar), though a little Venom goes a long way with so many damage types. After that, it's really all a matter of taste. With dracs and highlords, you'll have plenty of killing power, and once Life Tap triggers, you'll be nigh unkillable. About the only other thing I could think of would be maybe try to find a nice life/resists mana leech or dual leech ring for cheap, the former obviously the cheaper of the two by far. But regardless, good luck and welcome to the forum!

~Kell

PS : What realm are you on, by the way?

4. FearMonger

FearMonger IncGamers Member

Thanks for the gear advice. Now time to start getting these items.

I'm on USEast, ladder.

5. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Maybe a shaftshop instead

6. The Son Of Disaster

The Son Of Disaster IncGamers Member

good call on the shaft/dracs/ribcracker. angelics are nice AR/life boost to any WW :) id recommend one angy ring + Raven frost. none of the above are TOO expensive, if you aim for lower dracs you can prolly get all the above for mid runes and pgems.

jewlery, gloves and armor are teh main things i see you needing to improve on. if you wanna stick with the hew, shael or 2 for fast attacks, not sure on the true speed of a hew tho

7. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves,

I'm going to assume you're PvM based on your comments. A few questions, what's your vitality? 1.3k hit points sounds a bit low for maxxing lycanth. I've got a budding vita/fury wolf at level 48 who's running at around 800hps. Typical build is max: lycanth, fury, some max ww (I tend not to), then get some summons to take the heat off your fur. I like bear but others like wolves (question of style, both equally effective). Are your resists maxxed? Hell has crazy penalties to your resists and without decent resists, it's a tough world out there!

DR sound like a priority for your character since you're having problems with viability in hell. Switch to string of ears. You get leech and also some DR. Are you able to charge up a little feral before going fury? Generates more leech for you and the additional speed allows you to control the tempo of the battle in PvM. Faster speed allows you to back off when getting pounded (quaff a quick potion) and run back in to cull the weak of the monster flock. Then jet out again before they can touch you. I'm not sure I'd put that many points into feral rage as I still feel that an initial point is fine then a few more hard points into it later when I've maxxed what I need to max out.

I'm planning on doing the following skill layout: lycanth maxxed early, fury maxxed asap, maxxed spirit of choice (I went oak, I'm untwinked), I'm planning on putting points into bear (decent damage) and a few points into WW and Feral and that's about it. One point wonders include prereqs, carrion vine (free healing during and after the battle, plus get rid of corpses).

Hope some of this is useful to you, let us know of your successes!

Good luck and good hunting! (GL&GH)
    Kirah

8. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

I've never understood why people use HoW when building a fury ww? fury gives ar...i've always maxed oak, then used a might merc. then u get best of both worlds. HoW only good if use bear. if you maxed ww with lycanthropy, and have maxed oak, you would have insane life over 4k easily. imho, you shouldn't waste anymore time with that ww..start over.

9. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Its just personal taste, some people will go all vit some people will go for alot of strength theres no right or wrong just what works.