Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Frenzy Barb Build

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by barblover, Apr 4, 2004.

1. barblover

barblover IncGamers Member

PvM Frenzy Barb Build

Hello All

I was considering making a frenzy barbarian build

Note: the aim of this build is to finish off hell mode

How does this sound for skill placement? in this ORDER:

20 Frenzy
    20 Shout
    20 Battle Orders
    20 (Some Mastery, which is best for frenzy barb?)
    1 point wonders
    20 Taunt

Anything wrong here?

Missing anything?

Suggestions for better order?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

something is seriously wrong with frenzy. before, it seemed to me that double swing and frenzy were about the same speed, if frenzy were lvl 20 (but you get all that extra damage with frenzy and synergies too.)

however, after playing yesterday with 1 crescent moon legend sword (-35 ias) and 1 crescent moon champion sword (-30 ias) it seems extremely slow.

i checked the calculator just now, and it seems that external ias plays a much more important role than previously. i'm glad to hear that, because as it is, it's pretty much useless by itself.

so, to answer your question, it might take me a little more time to figure out the skill points, but it looks like frenzy is only useful as a right-click charge-up, and your left click attack will be the main attack.

3. barblover

barblover IncGamers Member

So you're saying frenzy is bugged?

4. cheerupemokid10

cheerupemokid10 IncGamers Member

no frenzy works by ias in the way you apply the weapons. you first apply the faster weapon in the right weapon slot, then the slower more powerful weapon in the left slot. the attack will only be affected by the right weapon slots ias/attack speed. that's the bug in frenzy. apply fast weapons first in the right slot, then slow more powerful weapons in the left slot. also make sure the right hand weapon doesn't have a longer radius of reach than the left hand weapon, otherwise you'll be missing one hell of a lot.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

frenzy seems exactly the same to me

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok IncGamers Member

your skills seems to be ok.
    maybe maxed war cry would be handy? you have no shield after all... it would be nice crowd controll too.

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

you may also want to consider getting double swing to lvl9 to have a nice zero mana skill and get some synergy points

8. ScarabUndying

ScarabUndying IncGamers Member

just a thought...

Here's an experiment I tried a while ago which worked quite well. I'm not saying that this is the most powerful choice, it's just fun.

Using basicly the same skill-point arrangement as you presented above, but put NO points in Frenzy. Instead, place those points in WarCry. Then get ahold of two three socketted weapons of your choice, and create the runeword "Fury" in them. This gives you lvl10 Frenzy (plus any other modifiers you've got to skills), the perfect amount (IMO) to use as a secondary skill.

Obviously, this is not going to do as much damage as some setups, but I found it worked great with my own character. The barb I played with this setup was a specialized WarCrier, but I think it should work well with a straight melee build, or maybe even better.

Have fun,
    -Scarab Undying