Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVM Elemental Help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by fullgore, Feb 6, 2004.

1. fullgore

fullgore IncGamers Member

PVM Elemental Help

I am planning on making an elemental druid (windy), but I couldn't find any PVM guides.

Can someone plz get me a guide about PVM Windy Druids? I have some Sojs and Frosties, so Im guessing I won't need to raise mana.. What should I raise my skills to, as well as my stats, and what items should i use?

2. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Hi welcome to the Druid Forum

Wind Druids are pretty simple
    20 Cyclone Armor
    20 Twister
    20 Tornado
    20 Hurricane
    pump Oak Sage as needed

sounds like u got equipment pretty well covered with soj and frostes because old windy here is a mana hog at times.

str enough for equip
    dex max block is nice and combined with cyclone armor and oak u'll be one strong mofo
    life 200+
    eng none

hope i helped sorry no one answered you post for quite some time

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I think the guide is meant to be the definitive guide for both. That is the guide has all the information for you to deduce waht you should do for pvm.

EDIT: Just scanned it over again. Yes, the guide contains all the info you need. If you dont understand look at it this way. All wind druids walk the same skill path. For gear/equipment setup it all depends on your purpose. A pvp is bascailly a windy who favors maxing dmg. A pvm is almost the same except you can throw some magic find equipemnt on for your pleasure. Also a pvm woould likely stop at 68% Faster cast rate or at 99% FCR if they can afford the more expensive setup.

4. fullgore

fullgore IncGamers Member

Ok thanks. Im still wondering about the gear, would aldurs set w/ frosties and sojs be viable? What about the weapon, aldurs is more for werewolf/werebear from what it seems like.

Edit: And would it be worth getting an Earthshifter?

5. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

VIABLE is something that people have all wrong. The defnition that is. Look are you talking about tanking quill rats solo in act 1? Or are you talking about tanking Baal alone in an 8 player game? The word viable is so poorly used because its supposed to clarify something but in most cases it doesn't get used that way.

Yes a WIND DRUID is viable. That means maxing synergies and such. Thus refering to wether or not the skills placement works.

It could also mean is your WIND DRUIDS equipment viable. Thats a different issue.

Together both parts create the final product or your Druid.

How viable is he depends on how you play him. If your going to ask wether hes viable with that gear setup, I'd say yes. But dont except him to stand out or tank in "big games". I dont think you've read the guide clearly. Either that or you missed some main points to it. Either way I'll now recap/summurize it for you.

---------------------WINDY RECAP------------------------------
    Your bascially range. You deal Hurricane and Tornado dmg, cold and physical. Since faster cast rate of at least 68% is NECCESSARY IMO, start there. If you cant get that fcr then you've got issues and your jsut wasting a good build by wasting its potential.

Since the objective is to kill kill kill and not have it done to you. I stress once again 68% fcr, faster cast rate. Also since you dont want to die, you should max block and vitality. You need nothing in energy as items later on accomplish your mana issues. Thus wearing ALdur's IMO doesnt use a Windy's full potential.

Since you've got max block now, only 25% of hits will hurt you. That equates alot of life. Also that means you worry about elemental attacks now so you should get maxed resists. Once again a wizspike easily obtainable does more in this area than aldurs combined.

FCR>RESIST=BLOCK>dmg reduction>Skill PLusses.

Meaning FCR is your first priority, then resist and/or block which has equal priority and lastly plusses. If an item fills several roles at once then its a must for your build.

Notice why everyone gets HOTO???????? Or a Wizz??
    And for a shield why people go SS???

6. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Resists can also be somewhat ignored if you remember to recast Cyclone Armor a lot. Other than poison, CA sucks up all the elemental damage that comes at you...

Aldur's set might not be the best idea. It could work, but your FCR will be tough to get, and you'll be missing out on a lot of good equipment opportunities.