Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvm Dreamer Auras? Fant vs Conviction

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by FalconPunch, Jul 20, 2010.

1. FalconPunch

FalconPunch IncGamers Member

Pvm Dreamer Auras? Fant vs Conviction

If I use a pvm dreamer (which DOES work) I am curious as to whether I should:

Max conviction for the high -resistance/defence

--OR--

Max fanatacism and use an infinity on my mercenery.

If someone could list pros and cons of each I would be thankful. Any response is a welcome response.

2. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Re: Pvm Dreamer Auras? Fant vs Conviction

Level 25 conv aura is my choice. Some reasoning below.

Best weapon Crescent Moon (Phase Blade) is so fast that you don't need ias boost from fana aura.

Infy conv aura is low level, you get much higher by using your own and its always there, so you don't need to wait merc. Couple monsters (I think) you can break with your higher aura, but not by infy's low level aura, so little less immunes.

Your own aura is also nice in uTristram as its cancels uMephisto's lvl20 conv aura.

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

I'd also use your own conv aura, there are a few ways to get both ofc:
    Infinity on the merc, you run fanat
    Beast on you, you run conviction and have the merc use w/e (pride with might aura? :D)
    Faith on the merc, you run conviction

Last ladder I went with conviction aura and a Beast equipped, but that was mainly as the Ber was self found and i had to make a legit runeword :). Was very good fun, plus i didnt have to wait for the merc at all.

4. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

I was thinking of a dual dream bear with lvl 25 conviction. Use 6os pb shaeled and switch side with any beast and random spirit. No need to bo with cta since you are shifting in bear form. Very nice ias and strong light damage when you max out holy shock syngery but points into holy shock is not needed.

5. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

I always chose either Crescent moon for zeal or a robophase for a bear.

Robophase requires 95 ias so usually.
    5 15 ias jewels 1 sheal.

The ias jewels could have 15 all resists or a 100 Attack rating if your rich.

6. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Robophase? Tell me what you mean by that please?

7. RealmOftheWolf

Its just a term I've used to describe a socketed phase blade to distinguish it from well a normal socketed phase blade...........Robophase sounds cooler.

As I said its just a phase blade thats used to hit 95% IAS to get max possible bear form speed.

The best possible phaseblades are.

5 x 15 ias 100 Attack rating jewels + 1 Sheal (95 IAS and 500 AR)
    5 x 15 ias 15 all resistances jewels + 1 sheal (95 IAS and 75 all resistances)

8. FalconPunch

I had actually been planning to use Last Wish as my weapon to hit hard physically and elementally with High CB and Might aura + all the other goodies Last Wish brings. I did this last ladder and had much success. Plus then I could run laying of hands over dracs. Does anyone have anything to say about this?

I have never tried crescent moon on a dreamer but am aware of the pros of this option. Again, is there any advice for me? My intended build would be:

Last wish PB
    Dream Sacred Targe
    Dream Diadem (for style)
    Coh
    Mesh
    Laying of Hands
    Gores
    BK/BK or Raven for CBF
    Maras.

Rate my gear choices? Thanks in advance, you guys are fantastic.

9. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Get conviction to level 25 for sure :)

Another alternative is to use grief, maxed zeal and sacrifice and a might merc. With infi most non-immunes will be at -100 res anyway. It's your choice whether you want to bring the light immunes down from 85/75 to 50/40 light res using crescent moon, or rely on phys dmg from grief.

*Only saw post above now. I quite like it. Is it with or without a torch and anni though? Because if you have the +skills and res from those then highlord's is a better option than mara's, and you can use tgods/soe/verdungo's instead of arachs. I'd go for a raven along with pretty much anything else, maybe a rare with dual leech plus some res if you need it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  10. FalconPunch

I plan to run ubers with this character. Would LW > Grief in such a scenerio?

11. RealmOftheWolf

Actually the best weapon would be grief even more so........... Since you will be using conviction probably 21+ you should dedicate non weapon Items for crushing blow since you only need around 195 in total resistances instead of the 300+.

Duress
    Gores
    20 ias 10 Crushing blow Blood gloves

Also to mention since you wont be using fanaticism you need to use Grief for the IAS to hit a good speed without sacrificing other gear for IAS.

Also since you wont be using fantacism your smite wont be doing nearly as much damage so you should enhance the little damage you have with Grief even a 30% grief phase will get you a 7 frame smite

12. FalconPunch

It it assuming with torch/anni. I suppose highlords would be better then. I was going to use mesh for the +skill on dream/other auras but i guess that can be forgone. I never got much from the other belts in pvm though. Tgods seems silly since my lite resist would already be stellar...but with lightning being so powerful it's definately noted. I never got much out of DR and +life in PVM but I'm no expert. String of ears is kind of exciting. What would everyone else recommend? Even coil would be nice for the slow on bosses possibly, although with my planned CB bosses really wouldn't be a big deal.

13. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Grief will do more damage than LW but you won't have to swap gear between ubers and general pvm if you go with LW. You need 72 ias to reach the last zeal breakpoint with a phase blade, unfortunately last wish won't get there. Since getting at that last breakpoint will give you a 25% increase in dps in terms of your light damage, I'd go with grief and use LW just for ubers. You could go with crafted gloves and duress but I like coh and loh so I'd just use grief/LW interchangeably.

Forgot about coil :>
    Whatever floats your boat really. Invulnerability against lightning or some dr or boss slow.

14. FalconPunch

Thanks again everyone for your advice. I know all of these builds will work well and do their job, I'd just like to find the most efficient one: That is, the one that kills quickly without sacrificing too much defence.

If it's any help I want to max:

Sacrifice/Resist Lightning/Conviction/Salvation/Holy Shield and throw 4 in Zeal...Or less due to +skills. Maybe I'll use a blessed aim merc, though holy freeze seems great if I use LW and might seems good if I dont. Still thinking about things. Keep the comments coming guys this is great.