Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvm charger?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Thirteenth, May 7, 2008.

1. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

Pvm charger?

Can you make one that actually good?

Would you need knockback in weapon to be able to spam charge on monster?

Ive tried Zealots of all kinds and i just get bored with them, i enjoy Avengers but i want to try something new, either smither or charger.

Any advice would be appreciated.:heart:

2. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Re: Pvm charger?

A charger in Pvm is actually effective, even tho many people may disagree, I remember I had a pvp charger long time ago and I had no problem with playing him in pvm, but still zeal whipes monsters out faster. You dont need knockback, this isnt pvp, just charge up and hit them, its like using a random +dmg +ar skill. Just make sure u have enough mana and life steal

-Priit

3. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

I really dont need knockback?

Arreat Summit says it wont work if im up close with the monsters.

4. JayhawkFan

JayhawkFan IncGamers Member

if you are too close to your target you will swing like a normal attack. there is a great guide by ssog in the *forums that shall not be named*

5. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

6. frooglemon

frooglemon IncGamers Member

Charge is viable for pvm but you need to be patient and like it. Yes the massive damage output is good but you dont leach life like a zealer and so you get hurt more. Also, its not like a zealer where if you miss once you keep swinging. You miss and you have to run away and try again. and again. and again.

About the knockback. I used to have a pvm charger (converted to pvp) but i did use knockback when it was available. Their are few items that give it to you and to be honest, alot of them suck to use at a high lvl. When i did it, i used Giant Skull Helm for the strength (to use a nice 2 hand mallet). Only problem with a pvm charger =

blocking. You will be forever cursed with one hit of a zealer type dmg if you have a shield (i hit around 3-12k with good gear) and will get smacked by every little things that walks past you without one. Also with a shield you will meet the BFF of paladins, CHARGE LOCK.

Also make sure you can hit things, if you dont hit them they dont die, then you get swarmed and die when you cant block. I believe that you get a knockback or something of the sort just from using charge but i am not positive. (dont quote me plz)

7. frooglemon

frooglemon IncGamers Member

Also DONT USE ITEMS THAT FREEZE TARGET... if you do, you dont knock them back with charge and it kinda sucks.