pvm boner

pvm boner

i got tired of my summoner, it was a pain since i didnt have anything to put on the left click and was constantly switching keys and stuff.

so im going to make a pure boner next:

skills:

max bone spear
max bone spirit
max bone wall
max corpse explosion
rest in teeth

then ill put one in clay golem, 1 in mastery, 1 in summon res

gear:

helm - shako
ammy - maras or 3 pnb ammy
wep - 8 bonespear white
shield - homonc
armor - enigma
gloves - trangs
belt - arach
rings - 2x fcr to hit the 75 bp
boots - marrows

merc: holy freeze

insight
stone or shaft
vamp or tals

look good?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
itsPizzarific said:
look good?
HF in combo with maxed CE is probably not a good idea. HF tends to shatter about 40% of the corpses.

It is interesting to see maxed CE on a PvM Bonemancer. Most people just use the PvP template.

o right, i didnt think of that. i guess ill go with a defiance merc

after playing my skellimancer, ive realized how awsome corpse explosion is, this guy will probably run shenk eldritch pindle (corpse explosion owns those packs) and maybe the pits.

also, i forgot to mention, would decrep be the best possible curse?

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Decreipify is a very nice crowd control curse because it slows monsters down, but amplify damage is probably better since it will help your corpse exlposion (half physical/half dire damage). You could put 1 point in attract to help you control the mobs.

oh right about the amp damage. ill get decrep for bosses though i guess and for crowd control

i think ill just stick with bone wall and decrep for crowd control though, im not really a fan of attract :rolleyes:

Growlor

Diabloii.Net Member
Minor correction to Chimaira's comment.

I think he assumed people already know, but for the real newcomers who might read this, decrepify does help boost physical damage, just not as much as amp does. So he is correct, amp is usually better with CE (depends on if you need the reduction in damage - ie around bosses as itsPizzarific said.)
One other thing to think of with curses. IF you play multi-player (Bnet or open), then you should choose your curse not only by the threat, but also by the party composition. For example, amp is a great "default" curse if you have a bunch of skeles and are partied with Barbs and Bowazons. However, if you are partied with Sorcs, Elemental Duids and LF Zons, then lower res is preferable.
As I said above, you guys sound like you are pretty on the ball and know this already, I'm just putting this up for the benefit of any new necros.

Growlor

Throttle

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd use magefist instead of trangs. The 25% mana regen will be necessary. Also, if you use Call to Arms, a Mara's would probably be better than a 3p&b cause it also boosts the warcries for more life/mana.

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
Trangs gives +2 to curses.
Magefists gives +1 to CE.
If you dont need the extra radius/duration on curses then go with mage for the extra CE radius.

oh ic, i didnt know the +1 fire spells added to ce. ill go with magefists :D

also, would bone wall or teeth be abetter synergy to max?

edit - actually, since im using a +8 spear white, would it be better to max teeth and bone wall, then rest in spirit? spear will always have more damage than spirit i think, and the tracking isnt too important to me

Delgo

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
oh ic, i didnt know the +1 fire spells added to ce. ill go with magefists :D

also, would bone wall or teeth be abetter synergy to max?

edit - actually, since im using a +8 spear white, would it be better to max teeth and bone wall, then rest in spirit? spear will always have more damage than spirit i think, and the tracking isnt too important to me
i would put points in bone wall, gives same synergy as teeth but also boosts your bone armor.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
HF in combo with maxed CE is probably not a good idea. HF tends to shatter about 40% of the corpses.
I remember the odds to be 20%, for both Holy Freeze and chill. There's a feature of Holy Freeze that I witnessed, but never saw anything else comment on, but that skill seemed to tag the chance to pop on monsters, even when they were no longer affected by it. A tesladin with a bit of Holy Freeze can have fun popping Normal Cows with lightning :)

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
There's a feature of Holy Freeze that I witnessed, but never saw anything else comment on, but that skill seemed to tag the chance to pop on monsters, even when they were no longer affected by it. A tesladin with a bit of Holy Freeze can have fun popping Normal Cows with lightning :)
I've heard this too...Sounds like a lot of fun.