Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvM Best Char?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ysanduil, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Ysanduil

Ysanduil IncGamers Member

PvM Best Char?

What is the best build for a PvM char thanks

2. Cambylobacter

Cambylobacter IncGamers Member

Hiya buddy

You know, that question is way too open.

It's like asking people "what is the best food?". A thousand people could give their honest answer and they'll all be different.

I play a Multizon religously and love the class. It isn't the quickest killer; it doesn't carry the best MF; it can't tank everything. But she's fun.

You may be better served scouting the individual class forums for ideas; every class seems to have certain sub-classes that are powerful - you need to find one that suits your playstyle.

IMO there is no "best" PvM char.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Just like what was said above, there is no best class. Make one that intrests you. Some of the popular builds are hammerdin, meteorb sorc, wind druid, skelemancer, trapasin, concentrate barb, and the freezing arrow strafezon. That's one of the many builds for each class, there are many many others.

4. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

i like zealots...the way they are built makes them able to take on up to and more than 20 monsters at a time and if they have good leech and def, they can stand there attackin forEVER...even they dont kill the fastest,they are one of the funnest

5. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

yup very open question.
    anyways, maybe u should've asked "What do you think is the funnest PvM build?" i bet that would get some cool answers. actually i think i'll make that one now heh.

6. octa24

octa24 IncGamers Member

most exciting character i play: dual claw assa.

best character that deals with no or few difficulties: bone necro.

7. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

I'm with you. Zealot is my absolute favorite character and I am glad they are a bit more viable now with synergies.

I also play a skelemancer and am now playing a shockwave wearbear. But the zealot is my favorite, even if he can't kill things as quickly as my skelemancer.

8. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

9. Gleetsnare

Gleetsnare IncGamers Member

well...

It depends on what you want to do with your PvM char.
    1) If you play to have some fun almost any character build is viable at least on normal difficulty.
    2) If you play because you want to beat hell you can try a popular build like zealot or wind druids or whatever which are said to have an easy time in hell.
    3) If you play because you want to find a lot of unique items you should definitely take a caster class like sorc, hammerdin or wind-druid (these can kill large amounts of monsters a lot faster than f.e. melee characters - also they can play with gull or blade of ali baba and still have better killing power than melee characters.) - If you want to find good items you need MANY MANY MANY MORE MORE INCREDIBLY MANY drops (this is especially true if you want to find better runes) This can only be done with casters (the typical mf-sorc, a fully synergized hammerdin, perhaps a wind druid can get the job done, perhaps you can 'invent' your own magic find character).
    4) You want to 'invent' a totally 'new' build. It is likely it will need stuff you found with a character listed under 3) to be viable in hell.
    good luck.

10. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

the best food is domino's chicken kickers btw

11. evo_dragon

evo_dragon IncGamers Member

If you are looking for a character that can handle anywhere in the game without worrying about dieing or immunities Hammerdin and a zealot with high elemental dmg weapon. The only monster in the game immune to hammerdins is underground act 3, so you only encounter in the one tome quest. Also a skelemancer can walk through the game and never have to worry about dieing. With mages and lr you don't have to worry about phy immunes as well.

Dragon

12. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

actually, all you need are skellys and amp and you can break almost any phy immune.

13. Nobbler

Nobbler IncGamers Member

My favorite character is the paladin, always has been. The druid is my second but since the patch I have soured a bit on him. Two weeks ago I made my very first ever necromancer. I went with skellie, mages and revives and I love the guy.