Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvE highest MF sorc possible

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by joelyness, Sep 28, 2006.

1. joelyness

joelyness IncGamers Member

PvE highest MF sorc possible

Looking to build an insane magic find sorc, wondering what items are reallly good for not just pure MF but utility too.

hook me up wit a nice MF set up

2. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

hmm well id would prolly suggest a A3 merc he can hold a shild and a weapon which is key...get a 4 istd monarch 4 him and a 6istd phase 4 him and skulders armor...and skako + ist?? or is there a better one...4 u well pchancies 2 p nelgers goldwrap skulers 4 isted monarch 6 istd phase pwartravs shako istd...yes i hear ur mercs mf adds to urs...if u want to get crazy get 37 7%mfscs and a pgheeds ..but then u couldnt pick anything up...then id guess a magic ammy with mf...

these are just some opinions...not sure if they are best...correct me if im wrong plz

o and about them being worth while...like able to kill stuff...im sure u can kill meph rather nicly...moat trick...but ontop of that i couldnt tell u...

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

there's little point in increasing your MF about about 400 anway. Even the increase from 300 to 400 is hardly noticeable. Reguardless all the common builds can hit 400%MF easily. If you go much above that you'll have to start loosing killing power. Insane magic find has more to do with killing power and speed than actuall MF%.

I'd recommed a meterob or blizzballer with full tal + P spirit + magefists + 2x Nagels + War Trav's + the standard assortment of charms (anni, torch, gheeds). Keep a IstIst Alibaba and 4xIst'd monarch on switch. You can even keep a P Topazed Shako in your inventory if you want to drop it on just before the boss kill, but I find is too much of a pita to go o inventory before a kill. This setup will give you about 350%MF normally and 250% more when you weapon switch = 600% MF total.

I don't recommend decking out your merc in MF gear. If you can get a little extra from a merc, cool, but overdoing it will mean he never kills anything. He kills with your MF% applied already and that's enough. But your mercs MF does not get applied to you.

4. deademon

sry aobut that false info 4 the merc adding mf to u : / but yea mage makes alot of sence...lol but i wonder what that would be like...have allllllll that mf...how much is it???? ill calculate and get back to u with all the equipment i suggested...just to be stupid : /

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

All i say is:

surviability > killing power/speed > MF.

You can have insanly high MF but it will take longer for your to kill anything, meaning less runs that you can make, meaning less items. MF of 800-1000 does not guarntee you higher amounts of valuable drops. What increases your droprate is how many runs you can mamke in a given time with decent amount of MF.

A full BLizzsorc only running Mephisto only needs to look at bit at FCR and can deck out all the rest in MF, since damage will be way high enough. You can deck out up to 600-800 MF. Still then if you feel that your killing speed lacks you should take away MF and add stuff to enhance your killing speed.

Mostly each kind of Sorc build has some stuff with MF on it, like full tals for example. Add in a Gull dagger, or Alibaba with Rhyme/isted Monarch on switch for the killing boss monster blow and you have all you need.

6. deademon

well....959 mf...if i did it right with the sorcs set up...then 455 with the mercs...which is 1404 all together...lol...damn

7. greenjello

greenjello IncGamers Member

If someone was determined enough they could use a 2nd account/cdkey/computer or a friend and just bring in a 2nd character for the killing blow on a boss perhaps. Have someone clear up to H:Baal and leave him with a sliver of health. Bring in your 2nd guy loaded with all the MF possible and a merc with lots of MF. Just for the hell of it make sure you are using the Act boss/quest bug (i guess a bug).

If you practiced with this I'm sure it would end up being a quick process.

8. KingKerr

KingKerr IncGamers Member

Your Merc's mf gets applied if your merc gets the hit that kills.

If you get hit-kill - Only your mf gets applied.
    If your merc gets hit-kill - Your mf+his mf

9. MageChick

^- that's what I said.

I can't remember the exact number. If search around a bit you can find the old thread that discussed it. Look for a MF guide or something like that. You can get about 1200+ MF between you and your merc. But as stated, it doesn't really help with getting better drops. 1200%MF vs. 600%MF would only get you a few % better drops - but of course your killing time will increase by at least an order of magnatude and your survivability will really suffer. There's a diminishing returns formula that limits the effectiveness of MF starting about 200%. By 400% their is virtually no increase.

Given the choice between a blizzard sorc with 1000% MF or a lightning/infinity sorc with 150%, I'd choose lightning every time.

10. deademon

... 1404...with the stuff i mentioned earlier ... my previous post...not sure if u can get any higher...without hacking...

11. MageChick

well absolute perfect is a bit higher than that. Check this out. http://www.diabloii.net/items/modifiers/magic-find.shtml#equipment

this was for 1.09, but most of it is still the same. Only the amy and rings have changed I believe. (I think the cap for 1.11b ladder is 30% ring and 40% amy. But I did see a 37% MF ring on ladder, so maybe 40%'s are still possible.)

180% Weapon
    + 100% Shield
    + 148% Armor
    + 80% Helm
    + 30% Belt
    + 50% Boots
    + 40% Gloves
    + 40% Ring
    + 40% Ring
    + 50% Amulet
    + 299% Charms = 1057%

Act 3 merc
    180% Weapon
    + 75% Shield
    + 148% Armor
    + 80% Helm = 483%

Total = 1540

For the absolute max, use a barb with 2 swords and add 80% more for a total of 1647.

*cleared up that monarch thing, I must have been thinking about JMOD or something.

**adjusted skulders to 148 instead of 149. Also subtracted 25% from merc's shield (only 153 str at lvl 99)

12. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

*clear up that monarch thing too:smiley:
    Edit: I know I shouldn't say this, but occy ring and constricting ring will make the number higher:wink3:

13. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

This doesn't sound right. A 3-Ist'ed Artisan's Tiara/Diadem of Luck should give 110MF.
    Edit: and the max on armor should 148, not 149. At lvl99, skullder gives 123MF, not 124.

14. MageChick

yeah, I'm excludig occy rings and constricting rings and some of the other stuf out there. I'll try to keep this legit.

I just realized that an Act 3 Merc with all MF gear won't have enough str to wear a 4xIst'd monarch. Have to cut him back by 25%, I think.

Here's the gear I was listing out. This was back in 1.09, but other than the Gheeds which I updated, I don't think much has changed. You may be right about getting a bit more out of your helm though.

Helm
    80%: Griswold's Valor (20-30%) + two sockets. (Item has sockets inherently.)

Armor
    148%: Skullder's Ire (52.5-124%, 1.25% per Clvl, 42 minimum) +1 socket, at Clvl 99.

Weapon
    180%: Six-Socketed Weapon with 6 Ist Runes. Crystal swords can have 6 sockets, and low reqs to equip.

Shield
    100%: Four-Socket Shield with 4 Ist Runes.

Belts
    30%: Goldwrap, Unique Heavy Belt.

Boots
    50%: War Traveler (30-50%) Unique Battle Boots.

Gloves
    40%: Chance Guards, Unique Chain Gloves.

Amulets
    50%: Magic Fortuitous Amulet of Luck (does this still spawn on 1.11b ladder? - may be caped at 40% now I think)

Ring
    40%: Fortuitous Ring of Luck. (again, not sure if these are still valid)
    30%: Naglering (15-30%).

Charms (299% total)
    40%: Gheeds Fortune
    7%: Small Charms. Equip up to 37 of them.

*edit - yeah, I think both you and your merc can get 30% more from that tiara, but I should probably drop 10% on each ring and amy for 1.11 items. that makes it a wash for your sorc, but 30% more on your merc.

**edit - just realized I forgot the adjust the barb total on my previous post. It should have read 1620, not 1647 - but if we add in 30 more from the merc's tiara that will make it an even 1650 maximum possible. (but I'd still rather have a 350% meteorb or a 150% lightning/infinity sorc. :grin: I don't I could actually kill anything with all this gear - my a3 merc certainly couldn't)

15. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

According to the Ultimate Merc Guide, act3 merc can get 146+ str after lvl92, which is enough for an eth monarch, so it should still be 100MF for merc shield.
    Edit: both 40MF ring and 50MF ammy are still valid in 1.11; someone here just found a 50MF ammy last week. Actually Arreat Summit has done most of these calculations already.

16. MageChick

yep, forgot about eth. Nice link for Arreat Summit - I'd never seen that before.