Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pus Spitter build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by buckec, Mar 17, 2004.

1. buckec

buckec IncGamers Member

Pus Spitter build

I just found this.

Pus Spitter
    Siege Crossbow
    Two-Hand Damage: 57 to 121
    Required Dexterity: 28
    Required Strength: 32
    Required Level: 36
    +189% Enhanced Damage
    +150 poison damage over 8 seconds
    +2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
    Requirements -60%
    10% Increased Attack Speed
    4% Chance to cast Level 1 Lower Resist on striking
    9% Chance to cast Level 6 Poison Nova when struck
    +5 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Now the question is ... is there a successful necro build that can use this weapon?

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I can initially see two builds: A skelliemancer and an Explodocro.

The skelliemancer can use the arrows for support without exposing his fragile skin, the explodocro can use it for getting the first corpse.

The problem is that you will be sacrificing some +skills in the weapon/shield slots when using this. Having an alternate switch with more +skills might be a neat idea.

3. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

I've seen builds floating around that harness the goodness of this weapon...

I myself have never really found a use for one...outside of a zon...I really like to have a sheild on my character at all times...(even maul barbs and pike barbs I'm not a fan of)

4. JettJagwar

JettJagwar IncGamers Member

as cool as it looks to see your necro running around with a bright green rifle, the wand/head combo is better in the long run. if you re going for a fun theme build you probably want bone armor/wall/prison and maybe some mages for the full firing squad effect.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Pus Spitter is a good weapon for a Dark Ranger. There are better ones, but Pus Spitter is right up there.

6. Indemaijinj

Let me guess: Dark Ranger = Ranged mojomancer?

7. buckec

buckec IncGamers Member

Dark Ranger?

8. Mad Mantis

The name I gave to the old Bowmancer. I liked Dark Ranger better. It is a term I use often and I sometimes forget people might not know this one.

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

maybe an MBAN? haven't seen anyone modify the minion-based artymancer for 1.10 yet.

or maybe a Lord of Mages who doesn't cast..

Pus Spitter is really funny on a were-druid because you take hits and it spit out poison nova from time to time, but it's not really a good weapon for a druid.

10. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

LOL That does sound like fun! :D Sorta like a "Wild-West" mancer (just made that name up), added with CE being your "dynamite". :p

Mmmmmmmm....

11. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

It is useful early on but its usefulness is easily out done by a 'Demon Machine' Cho-ku-no and later the Gut siphon (demon cross bow) both are -60 (very fast) and have pierce, which beats out the Pus spitters +2 skills and random other mods, good for a 'Dark Ranger' while he flails about trying to get to a higher lvl, but once you can use a demon machine (IIRC it looks black too) you wont go back and the colour fits the 'Dark'theme

Sorry for all the colours
    Elvish

12. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I currently use it on my skellimancer. Using a +3 summons wand + head on switch.

There's a few good points about pus-spitter.

1) It deals a fair amt of poision damage hence preventing monster heal. Good support for skellies.

2) It has really low requirements, ie. more pts for vit.

Only thing I'm annoyed with it is the ability to cast lower resists instead of amp damage though you can turn this to an advantage. Basically saves you a pt in the skill itself since it activates quite often.

Otherwise, just use it for a dark ranger as so many have said. My 1.09 build used maxed BA, BP and dim.

13. Indemaijinj

For all us ignorant newbies, what exactly does a dark ranger look like skill-wise.

I am kinda interested since I have some plans for a bow/xbow-only no amazons MP group.

14. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

A 200% + ED Pus Spitter is ripe for an upgrade if you are on Ladder, unfortunately yours is a little low to use Pul and Lum IMO. Upgraded Pus Spitter makes one of the best Bowmancer bows in the game, you just got to love the Str points saved with -60% req (take that upgraded Demon Machine!) when you upgrade to Gorgon Xbow (I think you only need like 60 something Str to use it). Also, you would be distinct with a Pus Spitter Gorgon Xbow, since many don't seem to realize the very nice damage increase in upgrading it. It has ok speed but it is ideal to Shael it I would say.

Find a better one (very cheap to get), upgrade it if you are Ladder.

15. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

That have a melee mancer, Decrep/Amp/Dim Vision/Bone Armor/Bone Wall/BonePrison etc etc if your cheap and cant get AR P. Dagger adds massive AR. When Mantis gets his Melee mancer guide up, which he said would have a bow section or something to that effect you can just go with that. Might PM him for more info, I think he has more regular meleemancer exp than me, I have a lot Daggermancer exp though

Elvish

16. Mad Mantis

Elvish got a lot of things right. The exact number of points in those skills can vary. It depends on you using or not using minions.

17. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

what about good old burisa, it is still pretty good, apart from the cold effect which means no skelly. have Arm of leoric on switch for summoning.