Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pure summoner guide

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rogaar, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Rogaar

Rogaar IncGamers Member

pure summoner guide

Where can I find a pure summoner druid guide?
    I tried many times but I couldn´t find.
    Is this viable in hell?
    I would like to hear oppinions about,maybe quick tips.

Thanks to all people that fortunatelly will answer this thread. :thumbsup:

2. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

Rogaar,

I don't know of a pure summoner guide...

A pure summoner in Hell would be severely handicapped. There are a number of PI monsters and your summons *only deal physical damage*!

Since you're not permitting yourself the luxury of using other non-physical damage dealing skills from the other skill trees, you'll need to look to your merc for dealing with these.

The best solution I've found for myself is putting a Reaper's Toll on a Might merc. With good armor (upgraded ethereal shaftstop) & helm (Rock Stopper) he can stand toe2toe with most monsters in Hell. Eventually your minions & merc can take down most PIs this way.

However, you will not be able to deal with all of them. In those situations, you'll need to run away.

Good Luck!

3. jfu_6018

jfu_6018 IncGamers Member

So first off with regard to a guide, I think the reason you can't find one is that it's pretty straightforward to build a summoner.

Your skills pretty much are all the creatures, wolves and bears, and then a spirit, most likely HoW. You can complement that with a elemental skill (you'll have a few left over points) or else invest in a vine or something.

Equipment is basically stuff that gives +skills or +summoning skills. so a +3 ammy and helm are pretty much required (and better if you can find it). Shield should be sigon's or lidless, armor could be whatever gives +1...silks, que-hegan, vipermagi, etc.

that's a really qiuck rundown of a summoner druid i guess.

i have a lvl 77 summoner in hell. the PIs are one problem, but over all the summons aren't strong enough in hell. Mine are at lvl 32, with a lvl 32 HoW, a high lvl might merc, and they still don't kill things fast enough in hell...though when i play with others, they make exceptional meat shields...since they do actually do some damage. I guess you'd have to get all summons to nearly lvl 40 before you start to wreck things. But my summoner does really well in nightmare and maybe the first couple acts of hell, but not so well after that. In order to get the summons good enough, I think I need to find a perfect rare helm taht does +2 to druid skills and +3 to summoning (I believe it's possible to have that), and then I would need another 2 or 3 summoning gcs at least. Well if you ever want to ask me more on bnet or see my summoner, just msg sweetredemption.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

I think +3 summoning is one of those "magic only" mods

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Or you can slap on a bow and become a hunter and then look at Fenris' guide which while written in 1.09 it still mostly holds true

6. jfu_6018

jfu_6018 IncGamers Member

oh yea that's a good idea....I have a spare buriza lying around :p

of course...this thread WAS about a pure summoner ;)

7. Rogaar

Rogaar IncGamers Member

Thanks to all people that answered this thread.

I still have the idea to build a pure summoner, even with all difficulties of hell.
    So there isn't a guide. :rant:
    I already looked Fenriswulf guide. It's very useful but I waned something more specific.
    But I have to stick with it...

See ya people

8. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

its really like this.
    you need something that does either decrepify or amp.

you do NOT need reapers toll. its nice, works decent, not needed.
    simply switch to a Spellsteal or martel de fer (the one that has amp charges). you wont need a lot of charges, spell steal has the most charges on it and looks nifty. pi's are just the ghosts some here and there most places do not hav any physical immunes. and, once broken with amp or decrep, they normally are very weak to attack.

32nd level in hell is not the best idea. although its fairly strong.

try 44+. also, I suggest:
    max poison creeper (at 45 he does the same pdamage as 3 100pdsc's, but even better as it is a large area that constantly reinfects)
    Non-ladder: Pure summoner? this build isnt happening without enigma/chains, 2 sojs and 8 summons or near that.
    Ladder: you need a kuko and fire sources, cowking boots, fire facets, lavagouts, will kill pi's then and now youre a hunter part time.