Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Summon Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Noremacuid, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Noremacuid

Noremacuid IncGamers Member

Pure Summon Druid

Ok, I am now level 85 and have built, what I believe to be, a perfect summonibg Druid.

His stats: Lvl 41 Bear, Wolves, and Oak Sage

I am have a point up to Shock Wave, so I shift to a bear and stun monsters while my summons tear into them. I am putting my remaing points into Lyco for the life bonus.

My gear is very plus to skills dependant...+2 Arkaine, Shako, +3 ammy, spirit x2, BK rings, arachnid mesh, and 7 GSCs. I am going to try to find +3 circlet, and make a +3 weapon to finish the build...

I get rave response when I join a party with my lvl 41 Oak Sage. The bear kills great except for some big bosses who heal themselves.

Has anyone else tried this build? Any suggestions for gear? Any suggestion for defeating PIs?

The character is the most fun I have had in D2 (PvM of course)...I recommend it to anyone tired of the popular builds.

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

You can always use a Kuko bow to take care of PI.

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hi! I play mostly melee bears/wolves - could you give a skill layout/gear for lower levels and i build this druid and expereince it myself? Looks like a fun build and i am assuming you use a might merc? I like builds like these as they are away from cookie cutters and have great fun value hehe. This along with the Fireball-Templar pally are my possible next projects :p That pally uses a FOH and Fireball attack from partial trangs set hehe. Hope you could enlighten me on your build and thank you for sharing :D

p.s Hey would a jalals work or even a Delirium druid helm with +3grizzly,direwolf, Oak etc instead of a shako? Also i have a Spirit Broad Sword and Monarch already this seems perfect for this base dex build i take it? Maybe a HOTO for the rich?

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I frankly prefer a Witchwild String due to the CTC Amplify Damage (and general awesomeness).

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Jalals and Delirium would work just fine, they both have +2 skills. Delirium even has more if you find the right pelt. The mods on Shako are very good but not all that necessary for a summon druid. He should stay away from the fray so life isn't super important, and mana shouldn't be an issue either. Delerium would be a perfect helm, especially if you found a sweet bow with ITD, then you could be ranged support and the Confuse from Delerium is excellent crowd control.

6. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Actually the best helm would likely be a rare with +2 all +3 grizz and some other +skill with some life and/or res or something like that if you are looking for pure skill. I have always used jalal's with my hunters but that is just me. I also prefer using HoW with a might merc to have my merc and bear/wolves doing amazing damage.

7. Noremacuid

Update

I appreciate the respones. Got me thinking...

1. I should use Jalal's until I can find a better magic helm as suggested.
    2. I cannot use a bow when in bear form. I am COMPLETELY safe when I am transformmed, and I use shockwave to stun monsters. I'd have to shift out to shoot a bow (although I do have Kuko AND Witchwild on mules).
    3. Starter gear was Sigons with Angelic ammy/rings/sword. I started adding plus to skill gear at 30, and then the GCSs at 50.
    4. Has anyone seen a +3 to druid skills magic club? In theory they exist...and I need one!
    5. Gonna use Baranar's Star and a T-Rebuke on the switch for PIs...anyone disagree?

keep the suggestions coming...THANKS

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

or a delirium made a pelt with +3grizz +3how +3cyclone armour ;o

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

1. Jalals is excellent, you can't really go wrong with it.
    2. The stun from Shockwave is really nice, but if you got a good Delerium helm and could support your minions with that, it would be pretty safe too. If you used the Witchwild you'd also get Amplify Damage once in a while, requires good AR though:( Either way is good.
    4. If you can afford it Heart Of The Oak would be the best weapon for this build as Batchuka mentions.
    5. Again you'll probably have a hard time hitting something...but Baranars+Tiamat is an excellent choice. A "crazy" idea could be using Harmony bow which has nice elemental damage, you could even use it permanently and get a nother minion (Valkyrie). If you get a perfect one with +6 Valkyrie you "only" need +11 skills to get to lvl 17 where she gets her elite war pike, a nice addition to your pack.

10. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm just wondering how much damage summons would do with might merc + Pride polearm (lvl 18 Concentration Aura) + HOW hehe

11. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Hes using oak, not HoW.

For the pi's, if you can afford it as said the reapers toll will remove the physical immunes.

And about all those damage modifiers...its pvm. I have no problem in pvm without my merc on at all.

WIth that being said, what merc do you plan on using endgame? Most would suggest the act 2 nightmare offensive {might aura} merc. If you do have a reapers toll then give it to him, and you wont have any physical immune problems.

If you cannot afford one although, a high level a1 rouge with a high damage bow will convert her damage to cold or fire, which is helpful in pvm. Also, a3 cold mages are great, but they might shatter bodies that your vine might need to eat to heal you.

12. Noremacuid

Summoning Skill Items

1. Has anyone ever seen a +3 summon skills weap (prob some sort of club)?
    2. Has anyone ever seen a +3 bear +3 oak sage druid pelt (helm)?

Thanks in advance...

13. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

They do exist, Ive seen em however such helm goes for 15+hr :clap: as for the club, just use a HOTO or a Mang Song's.